GM workers angry, some in tears, as the final vehicles roll off the line in Oshawa

irv

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The lines we did got pulled although they are making the same product today.  Ahead of there time, 20 years.  Lol.

Are you sure? The packaging line I’m putting dehumidification in,looks 20 years old plus? The pasta line is very new. We have a few guys in there full time. I’m just in there to help put a last minute,end of year, money to spend,project in. 

10 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Are you sure? The packaging line I’m putting dehumidification in,looks 20 years old plus? The pasta line is very new. We have a few guys in there full time. I’m just in there to help put a last minute,end of year, money to spend,project in. 

We were on the process side, after the pasta that fed it.

Closer to 30 years.  lol.

11 hours ago, irv said:

Yep. Our last furnace/AC (Daikin) we got in 2016 came with a 12 yr warranty. I kinda sorta know a guy (friend of a friend) who has his own business and even though he was  cheaper, he couldn't come close to offering that warranty. The name of the furnaces he sells/installs escapes me right now but the reviews on them were less than stellar as well.

You will need that warranty .

3 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

I had the top of the line Lennox put in last year to replace a 27 year old furnace that had no issues. The fancy 500 dollar thermostat crapped out this fall, and now I am left wondering why I bought a high tech computer controlled furnace. The old one was only 6% less efficient and worked fine.

3 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Are you seeing Daikin's failing already? I was torn between a Trane and a Daikin but took the latter based on 2 more yrs of warranty. 

5 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

I had the top of the line Lennox put in last year to replace a 27 year old furnace that had no issues. The fancy 500 dollar thermostat crapped out this fall, and now I am left wondering why I bought a high tech computer controlled furnace. The old one was only 6% less efficient and worked fine.

Our new Daikin thermo has been less than stellar as well. It has a 1 degree temp differential where most have a 1/2 or none at all. Numerous complaints to service men have gotten us nowhere but that is partly my fault for not pushing the issue.

Touch wood, but so far our Daikin furnace and A/C units have been working great for 3+ years now. 

On 12/18/2019 at 3:24 PM, Tickle Shits said:

What government over saw those huge cost increases?

Just to keep you up to date Ontario just had the biggest hike in rates in history, bigger than the entire increases over the past 15 years combined -  just some facts you have no idea about...

This isn't why GM left just in case you didn't know Ontario still makes cars, just not for GM anymore...

9 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Just to keep you up to date Ontario just had the biggest hike in rates in history, bigger than the entire increases over the past 15 years combined -  just some facts you have no idea about...

This isn't why GM left just in case you didn't know Ontario still makes cars, just not for GM anymore...

any idea why? Mouth breather?

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

any idea why? Mouth breather?

Yup the start of increase came with deregulation in 1999, took the subsidize away our parents used to make massive debt within Hydro...  divide into delivery and usage 

Cancellation of many projects lately has cost over 1 billion in fees to be paid.

Never has our rates increased by 50% in one swoosh like with FORD.  As Wynne decreased our rates in her last 4 years (more facts)

Smart meters also increased our rates.

I think there is many reasons, you are going to say the current government isn't at fault and the Harris government is also off the hook... Not a surprise ONEWAY

tell me the reason :dunno:  

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Yup the start of increase came with deregulation in 1999, took the subsidize away our parents used to make massive debt within Hydro...  divide into delivery and usage 

Cancellation of many projects lately has cost over 1 billion in fees to be paid.

Never has our rates increased by 50% in one swoosh like with FORD.  As Wynne decreased our rates in her last 4 years (more facts)

Smart meters also increased our rates.

I think there is many reasons, you are going to say the current government isn't at fault and the Harris government is also off the hook... Not a surprise ONEWAY

tell me the reason :dunno:  

Harris? :lol: 

Thank your precious Libs for locking us in to long term deals for renewables (Feed in Tariffs). To pay for them the Libs added a surcharge on consumers which has soared well beyond the output of renewable sources it was meant to spur. The global adjustment surcharge has already increased by 15% since Ford was elected. Your Libs did this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Harris? :lol: 

Thank your precious Libs for locking us in to long term deals for renewables (Feed in Tariffs). To pay for them the Libs added a surcharge on consumers which has soared well beyond the output of renewable sources it was meant to spur. The global adjustment surcharge has already increased by 15% since Ford was elected. Your Libs did this.

it all adds up and FORD has added more than any government to date - there is no argument here it is historical fact

The sale of Hydro was a horrible idea as well......Wynne owns this.

We will be paying for the FORD canceled contracts for the next bunch of years - 

so far FORD has lied at every turn (as expected) inflates numbers to look good or bad depending on his agenda  then gets caught... 

The 15 billion deficit was classic :lol:  ends up it was exactly what the Liberals said it was

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

it all adds up and FORD has added more than any government to date - there is no argument here it is historical fact

The sale of Hydro was a horrible idea as well......Wynne owns this.

We will be paying for the FORD canceled contracts for the next bunch of years - 

so far FORD has lied at every turn (as expected) inflates numbers to look good or bad depending on his agenda  then gets caught... 

The 15 billion deficit was classic :lol:  ends up it was exactly what the Liberals said it was

you're a fucking retard. I'm going to the bar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, irv said:

Are you seeing Daikin's failing already? I was torn between a Trane and a Daikin but took the latter based on 2 more yrs of warranty. 

Our new Daikin thermo has been less than stellar as well. It has a 1 degree temp differential where most have a 1/2 or none at all. Numerous complaints to service men have gotten us nowhere but that is partly my fault for not pushing the issue.

Touch wood, but so far our Daikin furnace and A/C units have been working great for 3+ years now. 

I have the wifi connected I comfort. It stopped reading the indoor temp. That means the furnace has no idea if it needs to come on. Great, a freaking small issue means no heat. Then they replaced it, all fine for now. I still think I made a mistake with such a complex system. Warranty is no good when you have to wait to get it fixed.

17 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

I have the wifi connected I comfort. It stopped reading the indoor temp. That means the furnace has no idea if it needs to come on. Great, a freaking small issue means no heat. Then they replaced it, all fine for now. I still think I made a mistake with such a complex system. Warranty is no good when you have to wait to get it fixed.

Get a Nest or Honeywell.  

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Why every one wants WiFi every thing is beyond me. Your taking simple shit and making it complicated just to have a new toy. Fuck that

Totally agree. It's amazing how people get sucked into all that shit just because it's something new and techy. Fuck that exactly.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Totally agree. It's amazing how people get sucked into all that shit just because it's something new and techy. Fuck that exactly.

The Hindu temple we did in the fall I used a regular timer. One dude was getting pissy I didn't put in a WiFi. Told him if I did I knew I would be there every week resetting it . 

21 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

The Hindu temple we did in the fall I used a regular timer. One dude was getting pissy I didn't put in a WiFi. Told him if I did I knew I would be there every week resetting it . 

Huh?  Where have you been.  

Granted if they can't detect a power outage, then they are useless.

31 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Why every one wants WiFi every thing is beyond me. Your taking simple shit and making it complicated just to have a new toy. Fuck that

This. I can get those stats for free. I use a basic digital. Set it and forget it. We set ours at 68deg and leave it.

1 minute ago, ManOnManOral said:

Nope. Paid a lot for this system and it all works as one.

Been adding some of the smart home shit over the past few months and the firm's that had a monopoly on products a few years ago are falling behind.  

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Been adding some of the smart home shit over the past few months and the firm's that had a monopoly on products a few years ago are falling behind.  

This thermostat is awesome. Just lost faith in being too high tech and away a lot.