Truck tire thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

@Skidooski

This is what you want right here.  

IMG_20191127_180746755.thumb.jpg.038b3b8f1ea1a1302947123765fc3804.jpg

I’ve had a half dozen sets over the years, just looking for something different. Mine always had more sidewall but those look good

I have the Duratrac's, been really good tires and run them all year.....

BFG's have or had some bad reviews with sidewall issues,  towing, etc....and I don;t find them to be a very nice looking tire.

Toyo's are good, had a set on my last truck, but a very heavy tire and they are a more pricier option. 

On 11/26/2019 at 3:53 PM, Anler said:

I've been using Michelin LTX's for about ten years now, I made the switch from Brindgestone Revos which would get hard after 20,000 miles. I use the Defender LTX because I don't an E rated tire on my personal truck, plus they are $80.00 less per tire.

Unless you have a tiny dick or really off road a lot the LTZ is the tire for 98% of driving, the sipes offer great traction on icy roads and they hook really well on rain soaked roads at speed.

Of course there is nothing like having a set of badass AT"s that howl like a banshee on a truck that is a road queen, but I suppose when you have to compensate you don't care that you have to listen to the radio at distortion levels to hear Rush Limbaugh on the radio.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Defender+LTX+M%2FS&partnum=755TR0DLTX&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoYear=2018&autoModel=Silverado 1500 4WD&autoModClar=Crew Cab Max Trailering Pack

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, irv said:

What flavor of Cooper's did you go with? 

AT3's....they ride nice and quiet. Seem to absorb the smaller bumps in the road compared to the stock tires that were on the truck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I've been using Michelin LTX's for about ten years now, I made the switch from Brindgestone Revos which would get hard after 20,000 miles. I use the Defender LTX because I don't an E rated tire on my personal truck, plus they are $80.00 less per tire.

Unless you have a tiny dick or really off road a lot the LTZ is the tire for 98% of driving, the sipes offer great traction on icy roads and they hook really well on rain soaked roads at speed.

Of course there is nothing like having a set of badass AT"s that howl like a banshee on a truck that is a road queen, but I suppose when you have to compensate you don't care that you have to listen to the radio at distortion levels to hear Rush Limbaugh on the radio.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Defender+LTX+M%2FS&partnum=755TR0DLTX&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoYear=2018&autoModel=Silverado 1500 4WD&autoModClar=Crew Cab Max Trailering Pack

I would agree 100%. I may try the newer cooper m/s next? The Michelin AT2 on my 08 have been great,but they will be cracked to shit before they are worn out. 

51 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

AT3's....they ride nice and quiet. Seem to absorb the smaller bumps in the road compared to the stock tires that were on the truck. 

Mine will be smoked by next fall and I will try those next. The m+ s may have been a bit aggressive for all the highway miles I do, and running them all year. I’ve always liked the coopers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Like the tires but I hate the square exhaust tip.   I liked my magnaflow on the last truck :bc: 

That's what comes on the XLT and Lariat Sport SE Package, except in chrome. I had mine powder coated Satin Black. Lots of people do since there's zero chrome anywhere else on these trucks other than on the blue oval on the grill and tailgate.

4 hours ago, Skidooski said:

I put a set of those on my 04 Lariat when I had it....loved those tires.

• Like 1