Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

25 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

complaining never stops

obsession with me never stops

governments are a service 02ool not a business, there isn't profits - there is no competitive market to be in - but you knew that

If you got the tender then you were the lowest bid, chances are just another useless low bidder stealing taxpayers money in the end.  

There is no open ticket for waste and corruption, its taxpayers money, not governments.

BTW, most companies in Canada are service oriented.

$2.60 hourly increase X 8 employees X 40 hours each = $832.00 a week X 52 weeks = $43,264 a year + a 22.8% increase in the CPP, EI and WSIB payments. If they have a benefits program with short and long term disability those premiums will go up as well.

Of course Fail is stupid enough to assume that small business owner can just eat a $45K to $50K a year increase in overhead on top of everything else that will go up as usual. That $50K likely represents a very healthy portion of what the business owner gets to keep for themselves.

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

Being a total idiot sure comes naturally to you doesn't it. Your over active imagination strikes again. Never did I say every store will close. That's your dumb as a stump comment. There was a bike shop owner on the news yesterday. It will cost him $30K a year that he can't just absorb. End result instead of hiring 6 seasonal employees it will be 3 maybe 4. A restaurant owner was going to add a 9.5% surcharge to the bills but instead raised the prices. He couldn't just absorb the extra costs either. I never said lower wages Fail. Your imagination again. I said way too much of an increase at one time. It's nothing more than your other hero Wynnebag trying to buy her job in the upcoming election.

There have been countless studies over the years that have found government employees are less productive than private sector. Just look at Toronto garbage collection as a prime example. Private picks up more per hour per person than public ever did. When the switch went into effect the city union had a hotline set up for people to report problems. They got one call from Olivia Chows mother that her garbage wasn't picked up at the usual time of day.

Saw the same report.

Like we said @ work 1 day. A business decides what percentage of their expenses, labour costs are. They will do whatever they can to keep those costs in line. If minimum wage causes restaurants, grocery stores, et cetera to raise their prices, how does that help the person working for minimum wage.

Another thing I noticed in the stats they were throwing around is comparing take home pay before & after the raise for a minimum wage earner that works 40 hours a week. What percentage of min' wage earners work a 40 hour week? Aren't most people working for min' wage, part timers to start w/?

10 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Just throw more money around....it will all work itself out. :news:

Would you expect anything else when the leader of the country says "the budget will balance itself" Those sheeple in government jobs will follow his lead. After all he is the PM, he must be right.

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

$2.60 hourly increase X 8 employees X 40 hours each = $832.00 a week X 52 weeks = $43,264 a year + a 22.8% increase in the CPP, EI and WSIB payments. If they have a benefits program with short and long term disability those premiums will go up as well.

Of course Fail is stupid enough to assume that small business owner can just eat a $45K to $50K a year increase in overhead on top of everything else that will go up as usual. That $50K likely represents a very healthy portion of what the business owner gets to keep for themselves.

This^

9 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Saw the same report.

Like we said @ work 1 day. A business decides what percentage of their expenses, labour costs are. They will do whatever they can to keep those costs in line. If minimum wage causes restaurants, grocery stores, et cetera to raise their prices, how does that help the person working for minimum wage.

Another thing I noticed in the stats they were throwing around is comparing take home pay before & after the raise for a minimum wage earner that works 40 hours a week. What percentage of min' wage earners work a 40 hour week? Aren't most people working for min' wage, part timers to start w/?

If not they have made some really poor life choices.

Gov't Emp #1 - we budgeted $5M for the project but it will only cost us $4M

Gov't Emp #2 - we can't have that, what can we find to spend the left over $1M on

Gov't Emp #1 - why can't we just not spend it and have a good news message to send

Gov't Emp #2 - :lol::nuts2:We can't let them know our estimates were that far off. Besides the next time we have a similar project we can tell them it will be $6M to count for inflation.

56 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

There is no open ticket for waste and corruption, its taxpayers money, not governments.

BTW, most companies in Canada are service oriented.

PROFITS are not in government services only those services  contracted out

if you think contracting out work stops corruption :lmao:  you are wrong,  kind of increases it 

56 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Jesus dude we can all add 

who said eat anything?  you are not that bright 

AC is laughing at you, 50k :lol: he made that this morning 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Come on now, nobody will ever admit they suck.:lol:

Restaurants are hard to make it regardless and most of the lunch diners I eat at do not have servers, they are all working preparing.  Just another nail in the coffin.

tough business to be in, Chains rule this just like most businesses 

I am going to bet your favorite place will still be open next week.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Poor poor Fail... WRONG AGAIN. We were not the lowest price but we were competitive. We knew that going into any offering. It was the value proposition that we offered. It's hilarious that you claim to be a government negotiator. One of those is the resiliency of the supporting infrastructure, like redundant power, cooling and communications. OH HOW LITTLE YOU KNOW. The cost for data centre services is not a flat rate. There are space charges based on the amount of space your hardware occupies. Power was billed based on actual consumption of your hardware. There were separate charges for network communications, install a device, each cable connection had a charge, support per hour charge and so many more itemizations. It's also a matter of value for the $. Lowest price doesn't mean the best value. They had looked at sites that as they said were horrific. Some didn't have a proper cleaning schedule which is embedded into the cost structure. Just more of everything you can't grasp.

They also had hardware in the government of Ontario data centre in Guelph. They hated dealing with that site because of how long it took them to get anything done and the charge backs to their agency were ridiculously high in comparison. If they could have moved all of their systems out of there they would have.

Your right I know there isn't any competition for government Fail. That's why they don't give a damn about how much money they waste or how low productivity is. They need more money they just take it from the taxpayer.

Business needs to care. If they don't they won't be in business.

I wonder why it is so easy for the auditor general to find so many examples of blatant pissing away of money by government year after year if they do the excellent job you claim they do.

by LAW you must accept the lowest bid - end of story 

I suggest you stop working with governments, since you can't stand all workers or anything to do with them.  

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

fact 

ask a server how many tables an hour they serve than come back 

Wtf does that have to with anything?

There are way to many variables...

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

:lol:Now you're an expert on the restaurant industry, turn over rates for the tables and how many each server takes care of. You conveniently ignore the costs for the kitchen staff, dishwashers, those who clean the place etc.

Don't forget Fail... something you do a lot of... what about the increase in WSIB, CPP and EI the employer also has to absorb. If the hourly cost goes up 22.8% those costs go up 22.8% as well.

pay the dollar more and be glad you are helping out a minimum wage earner.  You are one cheap person 

since you too can add,  now can you tell me the average yearly TILL this place has?  what percent of the till is 50k.

You seem to know all about  it like 02sled does, so I ask you for the answer 

Actually you seem to think you know.

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

pay the dollar more and be glad you are helping out a minimum wage earner.  You are one cheap person 

Do the suppliers lower their costs? 

not really, what do you think the cooking staff is making?  minimum wage :dunno:  

I bet you don't tip

Always tip at least 15%. Unless service is bad of course.

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Actually you seem to think you know.

so you dn't really know do you? 

Just like 02sled talking a big story daily 

Either way prood will be coming soon whether this puts businesses our of business or not - I think the doom and gloom is overrated like your posts are

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  I bet the service rarely meets your high standards of what a person making less than minimum wage should be.  

I am sticking with you and 02lsed tipping nothing 

Actually we usually get really good service....most places I go to eat...I dont think wage is even a concern....they make their money on service....as it should be.

36 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Jesus dude we can all add 

who said eat anything?  you are not that bright 

AC is laughing at you, 50k :lol: he made that this morning 

Typical Fail with a total lack of concept of what the real world is like. Sorry Fail... you have proven time and time again you can't add further than your fingers and toes allow.  :nuts2:Only a total idiot would think $50K is nothing to a small business owner. I guarantee there will be a lot of small business owners where $50K is pretty close to their personal annual income. You really need to be tested Fail... you're not firing on all cylinders.