Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

16 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Poor out of touch Fail Cat5 is so far out of date. :D apart from that my team did the communications network and installed the hardware among so many other things.

Never said failing economy Fail... more delusions from the pot clouded mind of someone who warms a government seat. If an economy drops 35 to 40% and manages to climb back about 5% you are stupid enough to think they are BOOMING. I just figured out what you do... you're employed in a government finance dept. That's the type of thinking the auditor general dismisses.

So down 35 to 40% from where they were, climb back 5% of that which means they are now only 30 to 35% down from where they were and it's SUNNY WAYS IN FAIL LAND.

I guess everything must be sunny ways when you go through life high.

I will agree under Harper Alberta has gone from very good to not so good.   we agree on that 

Glad to see the economy coming around under a new governing body  :lmao:    what a tool 

11 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I will agree under Harper Alberta has gone from very good to not so good.   we agree on that 

Glad to see the economy coming around under a new governing body  :lmao:    what a tool 

Yeah right... Trudopes asinine mandated carbon tax is really going to drive the Alberta economy forward. It will do nothing but give the bloated government yet even more money to piss away. That's the one thing they are truly expert at... wasting money.

When the Premier of Saskatchewan asked Trudope if he did an economic impact study when he announced the carbon tax his reply was a simple NO! Would he be doing one... another NO! He even caught his own cabinet by surprise when he came up with that one.

Something like the budget will balance itself... total incompetence from an incompetent PM

Admit it Fail.... the only reason he has the job is his last name... otherwise he would be working at Starbucks

Edited by 02sled

10 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

after you stating how bad Trudeau was I asked besides his gender ramblings what have you got to complain about :dunno:  

economy booming - you denied 

unemployment down - you denied 

you whine like a good Albertan 

so what have you got to complain about?  Harper did you no favours and now your economy is having BOOMING NUMBERS - result is complaining again and agian

Why not just say " don't think its booming but it is doing really well compared to the last years"   you can't because its Truedau 

ONEWAY 

Its not booming...its recovering slowly.....why did you not say that...instead of booming....

Again where did i say its failing?

20 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Yeah right... Trudopes asinine mandated carbon tax is really going to drive the Alberta economy forward. It will do nothing but give the bloated government yet even more money to piss away. That's the one thing they are truly expert at... wasting money.

When the Premier of Saskatchewan asked Trudope if he did an economic impact study when he announced the carbon tax his reply was a simple NO! Would he be doing one... another NO! He even caught his own cabinet by surprise when he came up with that one.

Something like the budget will balance itself... total incompetence from an incompetent PM

Admit it Fail.... the only reason he has the job is his last name... otherwise he would be working at Starbucks

we can talk about this once it has been implemented 

right now economy moving along at a better pace than we have seen for years - we agree 

2014 what did Harper do for THE WEST?   nothing?  certainly didn't drop 2% unemployment in 1 year 

Keep at it ONEWAY sooner or later the economy will crash again, hopefully under the liberals just to make your day 

22 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Its not booming...its recovering slowly.....why did you not say that...instead of booming....

Again where did i say its failing?

try telling anyone in Alberta the economy is good - we all know what you said 

You will be beaten up if you mentioned Trudeau doing a good job with the economy in an Alberta bar

Blame blame blame, if only Harper was here - oh wait he was there when our economy tanked again 

but I wanted to vote for him again and stay the course :lol:    

Enjoy the record growth it might not last that long

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

try telling anyone in Alberta the economy is good - we all know what you said 

You will be beaten up if you mentioned Trudeau doing a good job with the economy in an Alberta bar

Blame blame blame, if only Harper was here - oh wait he was there when our economy tanked again 

but I wanted to vote for him again and stay the course :lol:    

Enjoy the record growth it might not last that long

I didnt say that...are you high?

On 12/26/2017 at 3:37 PM, DAVE said:

Its not ok in the west.

9 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I didnt say that...are you high?

sorry it was SK that said the bar thing, I just grouped all the stupid posts into on under your nick.   

but you did say NO OKAY this is when I posted Alberta is tops in Canada right now for growth, you denied it and went on  a rant about living there 

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

sorry it was SK that said the bar thing, I just grouped all the stupid posts into on under your nick.   

but you did say NO OKAY this is when I posted Alberta is tops in Canada right now for growth, you denied it and went on  a rant about living there 

Smh. When being down 35 to 40% and then recovering 6.7% that is recovery....not booming as you stated.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Rant?

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Smh. When being down 35 to 40% and then recovering 6.7% that is recovery....not booming as you stated.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

booming economy has noting to do with what you once had - I don't make the rules.  

Going by your assumptions Alberta will never boom again (unless oil doubles in price)  only if you reach your past.

this happens when you really don't have a stable economy and count on one thing 

What did Harper do for you? since you claim Trudeau is so horrible 

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

booming economy has noting to do with what you once had - I don't make the rules.  

Going by your assumptions Alberta will never boom again (unless oil doubles in price)  only if you reach your past.

this happens when you really don't have a stable economy and count on one thing 

What did Harper do for you? since you claim Trudeau is so horrible 

What has Trudeau done for you? 

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

What has Trudeau done for you? 

Well he hasn't put up the worst numbers in a hundred years.

Directly he has given me a tax break, other than that not much yet.  Counting on legal pot coming soon.  

So tell me beside giving you a horrible economy what and why was Harper so good in your opinion?   I will wait 

Well he hasn't put up the worst numbers in a hundred years.

Directly he has given me a tax break, other than that not much yet.  Counting on legal pot coming soon.  

So tell me beside giving you a horrible economy what and why was Harper so good in your opinion?   I will wait 

Yet? Its been 2 yrs....hes given boatloads of money away....tried to make it harder for small businesses....made it easier for immigrants to come to Canada...the list is long....so ya hes done lots for you.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Yet? Its been 2 yrs....hes given boatloads of money away....tried to make it harder for small businesses....made it easier for immigrants to come to Canada...the list is long....so ya hes done lots for you.

you haven't answered about Harper :dunno:   you voted for him again because he did Alberta so well.   Failed economy is good under Conservatives In your opinion 

When was the last time Alberta had growth numbers like today?   I will wait 

you haven't answered about Harper :dunno:   you voted for him again because he did Alberta so well.   Failed economy is good under Conservatives In your opinion 

When was the last time Alberta had growth numbers like today?   I will wait 

What has Trudeau done for the west? Harper didnt have to help the west it always looked after the rest of the country....Harper however did give Ontario 9 billion to bail out the automotive sector....

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

What has Trudeau done for the west? Harper didnt have to help the west it always looked after the rest of the country....Harper however did give Ontario 9 billion to bail out the automotive sector....

so now you are saying you need help?   Its up to the Federal Government to save you? 

Glad you admit Harper didn't do a fucking thing for you.  but vote for him anyway.  Now you will vote for Andrew and if he does'n't work out you can vote for the next leader no matter who it is.  Then get what NOTHING like you have stated 

Yeah auto sector is huge to our GDP matter of fact its important to Alberta too 

I had no issues with Harper first 8 years, last 2 he lost his focus and swithced to hate and fear 

29 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so now you are saying you need help?   Its up to the Federal Government to save you? 

Glad you admit Harper didn't do a fucking thing for you.  but vote for him anyway.  Now you will vote for Andrew and if he does'n't work out you can vote for the next leader no matter who it is.  Then get what NOTHING like you have stated 

Yeah auto sector is huge to our GDP matter of fact its important to Alberta too 

I had no issues with Harper first 8 years, last 2 he lost his focus and swithced to hate and fear 

You just owned yourself. :lmao:

You might as well have a conversation with yourself :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

And until oil get to 110$ a barrel your one trick province will never be the same.

What don't you understand :dunno:   OIL isn't going to feed the province anymore.   

Sorry we need cheap gas, Alberta is going to have to build like other provinces have in the past.  Get used to it 

2014 remember the good old days of Harper?  he did Alberta wonders 

You buying a Tesla?

Trudope is hindering the economic recovery. Just imagine what it would be without Trudopes BS anticommerce approach. His main priorities are likely dictated by the man in his house.... that would be Sophie. Get on with trade agreements. Trade agreements don't dictate foreign internal policy about gender

The pair discussed the top 10 defining issues of 2017, based on thousands of questions from CTV viewers.

In no particular order, here are 10 key takeaways from their conversation.

1) Trudeau thinks Trump is a 'disruptive force'

When asked whether he thought U.S. President Donald Trump's exchange of rhetoric with North Korea's Kim Jong Un was dangerous, Trudeau said Trump "has demonstrated that he's a bit of a disruptive force."

"He does unpredictable things and sometimes they have positive impacts, sometimes they have negative impacts," he said.

The prime minister acknowledged they disagree on a number of issues -- but that’s what makes it important to have a strong, but frank, relationship.

His one word to describe Trump? "Consistent. He's the same person in private as he is in public," Trudeau said.

2) Revoking Aung San Suu Kyi’s honorary citizenship would be little more than 'symbolic'

Since August, more than 600,000 Rohingya Muslims fled their homes amid violence in Myanmar to seek refuge in Bangladesh, resulting in a humanitarian crisis. The United Nations has called it a case of "textbook ethnic cleansing."

Trudeau said deciding not to revoke Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi’s honorary Canadian citizenship doesn't mean that all is forgiven. Rather, Canada is opting for a more "productive" approach than the "grand symbolic gestures that might make people feel a little better."

He questioned whether revoking her honorary Canadian citizenship would mean anything to a Rohingya family in a Bangladesh refugee camp.

"If Canada is helpful in getting them to return home, or get an education, or feel safe, then that's what they care about and that's what I'm focused on," he said.

3) Finance Minister Morneau isn’t going anywhere

Throughout much of the fall, questions to Trudeau and Bill Morneau over tax reform proposals, the finance minister’s personal assets and related potential conflict of interest, dominated daily question period in the House of Commons.

When asked if he had a conversation with Bill Morneau about resigning throughout these months, Trudeau said: "God… he is delivering on exactly what we promised to Canadians we'd do. The work that Bill and our entire team has done has stayed focused on that."

Though he did say the entire cloud of controversy surrounding Morneau wasn’t without regrets.

"Woulda coulda shoulda... Were there things that in hindsight he might have done differently? I think he certainly is the first to admit that there would have been, but there’s no 'there, there' for… in terms of ethics," Trudeau said.

4) The PM is 'frustrated and outraged' for having to settle with Khadr

This past summer, news broke that the federal government was issuing former Guantanamo Bay inmate Omar Khadr a $10.5 million settlement. When asked why he deserved such an amount, Trudeau said people are right for being frustrated and outraged by it.

"I am frustrated and outraged about having to make that settlement. People should remain frustrated and outraged because then perhaps future governments will never again think that it would be easier to allow for someone's rights to be violated because they are politically unpopular, rather than standing up for what is right, which is: we defend people's rights. And the anger that people feel about having had to make that settlement should prevent our government or any future government from ever doing that again," Trudeau said.

He downplayed that the deal was done in secret, and that the U.S. administration knew about it before Canadians did.

5) 'I'm an emotional person'

Trudeau got emotional when asked about the death of Tragically Hip frontman Gord Downie.

"He challenged me and thanked me at the same time… He made me feel that he was watching me and he would be watching me, but he was also really hopeful that we were going to be able to do this. And when I say we, it's not just about the government and First Nation, Metis and Inuit peoples. It's about non-Indigenous Canadians as well," said Trudeau.

He said he found his dedication to the issue during a personally difficult time inspiring and said it continues to touch him.

"I'm an emotional person and that's who I am. I am passionate about things about life and I will always be," he said.

6) Legal pot won't be his thing, PM prefers bourbon or beer

Despite being framed as a "pothead" by the opposition, Trudeau said he’s far from it.

"I don't drink coffee. I don't drink much alcohol. I’m sort of… bourbon or beer. But I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I never really have. I've tried them, but ... the whole thing is it's not my thing. It’s never been my thing," he said.

Trudeau has no plans to smoke marijuana once it becomes legal, a pursuit he still thinks is an "urgent" matter, despite many stakeholders calling for the rollout to be slowed down.

"Let's not try and hide our heads in the sand and say, 'Oh if we don't legalize it there won't be any problems with marijuana,'" he said.

7) Some returning ISIS fighters 'definitely can't' be rehabilitated

Trudeau said that some of the ISIS fighters returning to Canada "definitely can't" be rehabilitated and it’s something Canadian security agencies have to be "very alert to."

He said they are being monitored, but there is also community outreach that the government thinks will help.

"We know that someone who has engaged and turned away from that hateful ideology can be an extraordinarily powerful voice for preventing radicalization in future generations and younger, younger people within the community."

8) Calls the patriarchy 'toxic'

When questioned about why he has remained silent on Trump's record with women, despite calling himself a feminist, Trudeau said it's about choosing to find "tangible" solutions that are more than crossing his arms and hurling insults.

He said that while at McGill University he was part of the Student Society Sexual Assault Centre and had an "awakening" around issues of harassment and consent.

"I kind of despair that in the 25 years since I was doing that, we haven't seen nearly as much progress as we should," Trudeau said.

He acknowledged Parliament Hill can still have an old boys' club atmosphere at times.

"No workplace anywhere is exempt from that and all we can do is try and bring in the processes and eventually get to a place where behaviors are fundamentally changed in people who are working now, but more importantly that next wave of people entering the workforce will never have to face the kind of patriarchy or power dynamics that are so toxic," Trudeau said.

9) The importance of taking responsibility for past ills

Since becoming prime minister, Trudeau has apologized on behalf of the government for three historical wrongs: the Komagata Maru incident, Newfoundland and Labrador residential school abuses, and discrimination of LGBTQ federal employees.

He said that having two of his children, Xavier and Ella Grace, watch the LGBTQ apology in the House of Commons was particularly special.

"They were there when we did something that was, in itself, fundamentally important. Taking responsibility for ills of the past. And having them be able to see the impact on Canadians and all the House coming together of that apology was I think for me a.... I was glad to have them there as a dad because I want them to grow up in a country where those kinds of things matter and I was happy to bring them there for that," Trudeau said.

He also got emotional when reflecting on the residential school apology he made in Goose Bay, N.L.

10) 2018 about gauging if policies are working

Asked about his 2018 predictions, Trudeau said heading into year three of his mandate will be about seeing more get done, and making sure that what they are doing is "having the right impact on people."

According to the federal mandate letter tracker, the vast majority of the Liberals’ promises -- over 200 of them -- have yet to be fully met.

17 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Canada's economy came back to Earth in 2017 and it looks like it will stay there

BEST IN G7 2017   dam sound familiar?  heard this for 10 years as we dropped to last place.  Now we are tops and not just tops of the worst like in 2008-9 

cp-imf-g7-gdp-projections-oct-2017.png

:lol:

One year growth after a bad year is not a trend.