Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I know.  Even with oilrecovering Trudeau policies are limiting the growth and killing investment.

It will never go back to how it was i dont think....even to say its recovering is laughable....not very many are returning to the patch. Lloydminster is hurting bigtime still.

19 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Picking random numbers as a generalization of concept. If a regions economy drops 35% to 40% while other regions maintain status quo, then recovers 5% while the other regions are growing 2.5%, does that mean the 5% region is booming because it grew at twice the rate of others?

Those numbers also include government stimulus or in otherwords a false economy.

9 minutes ago, DAVE said:

It will never go back to how it was i dont think....even to say its recovering is laughable....not very many are returning to the patch. Lloydminster is hurting bigtime still.

People have taken massive losses but hey 5% growth makes it all better.

My cousins live in Alberta and aren't part of the oil industry. They have felt the crunch though as the spin off is those that work / worked in the oil industry are either not spending at all (unemployed) or have cut back on their spending significantly (being cautious). That reduced spending meant the business world in general also suffered proportionately as their sales plummeted and their people got laid off. They tell me job opportunities are pretty bleak. They are fortunate they are still employed but are being cautious in their spending, just in case.

Sunny ways everyone, sunny ways. After all can it get much better than spending a free couple of weeks on a billionaires private Caribbean island.

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

And the Shiny Pony took them from last to a big first, so I think they must of made the right choice :dunno: 

Dont discount the ABC mentality either. Was Chretien's son unavailable?

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

My cousins live in Alberta and aren't part of the oil industry. They have felt the crunch though as the spin off is those that work / worked in the oil industry are either not spending at all (unemployed) or have cut back on their spending significantly (being cautious). That reduced spending meant the business world in general also suffered proportionately as their sales plummeted and their people got laid off. They tell me job opportunities are pretty bleak. They are fortunate they are still employed but are being cautious in their spending, just in case.

Sunny ways everyone, sunny ways. After all can it get much better than spending a free couple of weeks on a billionaires private Caribbean island.

No no...trailmaker showed a link that said its booming again....oh wait....most the link said it wasn't.

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

No no...trailmaker showed a link that said its booming again....oh wait....most the link said it wasn't.

we all know that the experts, the media and most of all the people living it are wrong because Trudope and more importantly Fail are adamant that it's sunny ways everyone

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DAVE said:

:lmao: 02slow has a friend story  :lmao:   so lets deny FACTUAL numbers posted 

You are the one that talks about GDP growth and live by it

NO the one trick pony province won't be back until oil is 110$ a barrel - so you can pay 1.35 at the pumps 

Get over it, Alberta is starting to rebound without OIL dictating every move the economy makes there.  Canada is growing without the high prices enjoyed the last decade or so 

doom and gloom 

Edited by 1trailmaker

10 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lmao: 02slow has a friend story  :lmao:   so lets deny FACTUAL numbers posted 

You are the one that talks about GDP growth and live by it

NO the one trick pony province won't be back until oil is 110$ a barrel - so you can pay 1.35 at the pumps 

Get over it, Alberta is starting to rebound without OIL dictating every move the economy makes there.  Canada is growing without the high prices enjoyed the last decade or so 

doom and gloom 

I'll believe my cousins living in Alberta about what it's like there over whatever you want to pull out of your delusional mind Fail. So sorry to hear you don't have friends and relatives to talk to about the things happening in their lives or where they live.

Edited by 02sled

Just in the news... Argentina has ejected a Canadian diplomat... for get this INTERFERING IN THEIR INTERNAL POLICY. In return Canada has ejected an Argentine diplomat.

This has Trudopes egotistical saviour of the world signature all over it. I will tell you how to run your country because I am gods gift to you.

Then just like the school yard kid... who takes his ball and goes home because things don't go his way he ejects the Argentine diplomat from Canada because Argentina told the Canadian to stop interfering and leave.

Trudope walks out on the Pacific trade talks, tries telling those countries including most significantly how to run their countries (look at my socks, they will distract you from the important things), pushes his non trade related agenda into NAFTA... he is losing ground on that international stage rapidly as the world leaders get past the introductions and see him for the clown he really is.

Edited by 02sled

5 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I'll believe my cousins living in Alberta about what it's like there over whatever you want to pull out of your delusional mind Fail.

when you are looking to make 150k driving a truck again you might not be employed anytime soon, those days are gone 

are you denying the growth rates posted for 2017? 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-economy-conference-board-canada-1.4414153

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/11/24/alberta-economic-growth_a_23287397/

12 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Just in the news... Argentina has ejected a Canadian diplomat... for get this INTERFERING IN THEIR INTERNAL POLICY. In return Canada has ejected an Argentine diplomat.

This has Trudopes egotistical saviour of the world signature all over it. I will tell you how to run your country because I am gods gift to you.

Then just like the school yard kid... who takes his ball and goes home because things don't go his way he ejects the Argentine diplomat from Canada because Argentina told the Canadian to stop interfering and leave.

Trudope walks out on the Pacific trade talks, tries telling those countries including most significantly how to run their countries (look at my socks, they will distract you from the important things), pushes his non trade related agenda into NAFTA... he is losing ground on that international stage rapidly as the world leaders get past the introductions and see him for the clown he really is.

well atleast we know you back this guy and his regime - when is it okay to fight for democracy?  

Freeland said Venezuela's expulsion of the Canadian diplomat over the weekend was "typical of the Maduro regime, which has consistently undermined all efforts to restore democracy and to help the Venezuelan people.

"Canadians will not stand by as the government of Venezuela robs its people of their fundamental democratic and human rights, and denies them access to basic humanitarian assistance," she said in the statement.

this is funny 

The Associated Press also reported that Rodriguez said Kowalik has a history of tweeting "rude and vulgar" comments about Venezuela, but it was unclear what tweets she was referring to. A Twitter account that appears to be Kowalik's personal account contains no tweets. 

In September, Canada's Minister of Foreign Affairs Chrystia Freeland announced that Canada had imposed sanctions against 40 key figures in the Venezuelan regime. The list includes both Maduro and Rodriguez.

And in October, Freeland noted that Canada has a role to play in promoting democractic institutions in Venezuela.

"We are seeing real preventable suffering of the people of Venezuela," Freeland said. "And I think … there are mounting signs of a regional refugee crisis as well. Colombia and Brazil are facing a lot of pressure. So I think it is an area where Canada needs to be very engaged."

She went on to appeal to European countries to join Canada in putting pressure on Venezuela.

do you ever read more than a headline :dunno:  - who else here is backing the regime?  

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

when you are looking to make 150k driving a truck again you might not be employed anytime soon, those days are gone 

are you denying the growth rates posted for 2017? 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-economy-conference-board-canada-1.4414153

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/11/24/alberta-economic-growth_a_23287397/

Dumb as a stump Fail strikes again. Those making big $ incomes were living in places like Fort McMurray. At the same time the cost of living way out in a town like Fort McMurray is equally as high. Like I said too bad you don't know enough people to hear of their situations. When I graduated university one of my best friends went to be a chemical engineer in Fort McMurray. He really enjoyed his first grocery shopping. He looked at a head of lettuce and thought hmm not too much more than in Toronto considering where they were. He got to the register and they put it on the scale. Cost about 5 or 6 times what we paid here.

The rest of the province outside of the oil fields and industry weren't aren't making those kinds of $'s. One of those cousins of mine is a truck driver in Medicine Hat. He lives pay cheque to pay cheque without a huge amount of savings.

So Failenomics  rears its' stupid head again. An economy takes a massive % hit but because it is coming back and still nowhere near what it was dumb as a stump Fail claims it's booming.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-retail-sales-ei-benefits-unemployment-sticky-1.4415815

Retail sales continue to climb in Alberta while EI payouts continue to decline but the province's unemployment rate remains notably higher than the national average.

"Right now, the Alberta economy … even though it's rebounding, it's still not what it used to be," said Pedro Antunes, deputy chief economist with the Conference Board of Canada.

"It's certainly not the kind of economy that Albertans have come to enjoy in the past decade or so."

Data released Thursday shows retail trade in the province grew by 0.3 per cent in September, on a seasonally adjusted basis.

That's the fourth increase in the past sixth months.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

Dumb as a stump Fail strikes again. Those making big $ incomes were living in places like Fort McMurray. At the same time the cost of living way out in a town like Fort McMurray is equally as high. Like I said too bad you don't know enough people to hear of their situations. When I graduated university one of my best friends went to be a chemical engineer in Fort McMurray. He really enjoyed his first grocery shopping. He looked at a head of lettuce and thought hmm not too much more than in Toronto considering where they were. He got to the register and they put it on the scale. Cost about 5 or 6 times what we paid here.

The rest of the province outside of the oil fields and industry weren't aren't making those kinds of $'s. One of those cousins of mine is a truck driver in Medicine Hat. He lives pay cheque to pay cheque without a huge amount of savings.

So Failenomics  rears its' stupid head again. An economy takes a massive % hit but because it is coming back and still nowhere near what it was dumb as a stump Fail claims it's booming.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-retail-sales-ei-benefits-unemployment-sticky-1.4415815

Retail sales continue to climb in Alberta while EI payouts continue to decline but the province's unemployment rate remains notably higher than the national average.

"Right now, the Alberta economy … even though it's rebounding, it's still not what it used to be," said Pedro Antunes, deputy chief economist with the Conference Board of Canada.

"It's certainly not the kind of economy that Albertans have come to enjoy in the past decade or so."

Data released Thursday shows retail trade in the province grew by 0.3 per cent in September, on a seasonally adjusted basis.

That's the fourth increase in the past sixth months.

so you are denying the numbers I see.   

So was this decline starting in 2014 Harpers fault?  of course not but for some reason you think the new government should magically make oil 110$ a barrel again :dunno: 

Oil prices aren't going up anytime soon Alberta is now growing without it, get used too it.

And lol pay cheque to pay cheque :lol:  you mean like most Canadians :dunno: 

THE WEST = 02sled friend and DAVE :lol:   

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

well atleast we know you back this guy and his regime - when is it okay to fight for democracy?  

Freeland said Venezuela's expulsion of the Canadian diplomat over the weekend was "typical of the Maduro regime, which has consistently undermined all efforts to restore democracy and to help the Venezuelan people.

"Canadians will not stand by as the government of Venezuela robs its people of their fundamental democratic and human rights, and denies them access to basic humanitarian assistance," she said in the statement.

this is funny 

The Associated Press also reported that Rodriguez said Kowalik has a history of tweeting "rude and vulgar" comments about Venezuela, but it was unclear what tweets she was referring to. A Twitter account that appears to be Kowalik's personal account contains no tweets. 

In September, Canada's Minister of Foreign Affairs Chrystia Freeland announced that Canada had imposed sanctions against 40 key figures in the Venezuelan regime. The list includes both Maduro and Rodriguez.

And in October, Freeland noted that Canada has a role to play in promoting democractic institutions in Venezuela.

"We are seeing real preventable suffering of the people of Venezuela," Freeland said. "And I think … there are mounting signs of a regional refugee crisis as well. Colombia and Brazil are facing a lot of pressure. So I think it is an area where Canada needs to be very engaged."

She went on to appeal to European countries to join Canada in putting pressure on Venezuela.

do you ever read more than a headline :dunno:  - who else here is backing the regime?  

Dumb as a stump Fail strikes yet again. It's not our place or roll to interfere internally in a foreign country policy. Only you and Trudope have egos that big. There is a big difference between one country imposing trade embargos or sanctions on another country to impose leverage for political reasons and being within the country, interfering with their internal policies.

Hopefully Freeland won't break down in tears over this.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

Dumb as a stump Fail strikes yet again. It's not our place or roll to interfere internally in a foreign country policy. Only you and Trudope have egos that big. There is a big difference between one country imposing trade embargos or sanctions on another country to impose leverage for political reasons and being within the country, interfering with their internal policies.

Hopefully Freeland won't break down in tears over this.

:lol:  holy fuck 

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so you are denying the numbers I see.   

So was this decline starting in 2014 Harpers fault?  of course not but for some reason you think the new government should magically make oil 110$ a barrel again :dunno: 

Oil prices aren't going up anytime soon Alberta is now growing without it, get used too it.

And lol pay cheque to pay cheque :lol:  you mean like most Canadians :dunno: 

THE WEST = 02sled friend and DAVE :lol:   

The holidays haven't been kind to you Fail. Multiple days of being high have really screwed your brain more than usual if possible. Your the fool that said Alberta was ready for it

BOOMING

Surprise it is recovering from when the bottom fell out but far from booming.

the province's unemployment rate remains notably higher than the national average.

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  holy fuck 

Let's invade and overthrow the current regime. After all you would say that's our place as guardians of the world. Ooops... we couldn't invade and take over Iceland. You can lead the invasion force Fail.

Edited by 02sled

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

The holidays haven't been kind to you Fail. Multiple days of being high have really screwed your brain more than usual if possible. Your the fool that said Alberta was ready for it

BOOMING

Surprise it is recovering from when the bottom fell out but far from booming.

the province's unemployment rate remains notably higher than the national average.

dude I posted that link, I know what it says 

PUBLISHED - Dec 1, 2017

In November 2017 Alberta's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate was 7.3%, down from the 9.0% rate that was registered a year earlier and also down from last month's rate of 7.8% The national unemployment rate was 5.9% in November, down from last November's rate of 6.8%.

Thanks Trudeau for bring down not only the National average and Alberta down 2% points in just one year 

Canada is looking mighty good these days - we all agree 

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Let's invade and overthrow the current regime. After all you would say that's our place as guardians of the world. Ooops... we couldn't invade and take over Iceland. You can lead the invasion force Fail.

who is invading :dunno:   we put sanctions against 41 people - you think this is a bad thing for some reason 

Your thoughts on our Military is very similar to AC's 

all this because you are the biggest ONEWAY on this site 

43 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

this is funny 

Come on now they are a left wing socialist utopia JT could only dream of being the leader of.

• Like 1