Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

12 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

another 88k jobs added

Ontario leading the way

sunny so sunny yet doom and gloom from FS posters :lol: 

how can that be... Wynnebags own add on TV laments the guy who got laid off after so many years but can only find part time work. If we lose 100,000 full time and gain 88,000 part time is that a good thing

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

how can that be... Wynnebags own add on TV laments the guy who got laid off after so many years but can only find part time work. If we lose 100,000 full time and gain 88,000 part time is that a good thing

11 months in a row of job growth for Canada - gloomy

12 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I believe government jobs are down across the country, but maybe you know better

Most gains are in service and new business start ups

nope. Check your stats. Your Libs add Public service jobs and crow about growing jobs. Umm no.

28 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

nope. Check your stats. Your Libs add Public service jobs and crow about growing jobs. Umm no.

I think the federal increase over Harper's reign has ended as it did in Ontario around 2013/14

I can tell you that the 100's of thousands of jobs added 99% are not government - no matter how much you don't like it, Canada and Ontario are doing very well today.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

11 months in a row of job growth for Canada - gloomy

You ignored the part where I asked if you lose 100,000 full time jobs and have 80,000 new part time jobs is that still good. How many were in Ontario and how many are adding to the already bloated government jobs.

Government is a whole different world than the rest of us live in. I went to the post office yesterday since I needed a two stamps. They have two people working the counter but were closed for lunch since both of them go at the same time. Plain stupid. Line up of 15 people waiting. Maybe they should hire a third so they can have the counter not close for lunch.

Edited by 02sled

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

leading the way with over 50% :dunno: 

lowest unemployment since 1999

Huh?

35000 net jobs, 18K in QC, 11K in AB . . .

http://www.680news.com/2017/11/03/newsalert-canada-adds-35300-jobs-in-october-unemployment-rate-up-0-1-per-cent/

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

you ignored the part where I asked if you lose 100,000 full time jobs and have 80,000 new part time jobs is that still good.

na I didn't I just look at the big picture, you can cherry pick month to month if you wish too

Still, in a release that economists are calling a mixed bag for the Canadian job market overall, Ontario was the clear winner. The province drove the national employment gain, by adding 31,100 net new positions, enough to bring the provincial jobless rate down to 5.7 per cent, the lowest since the turn of the millennium, according to TD economist Brian DePratto. Employment held steady or declined slightly across the other provinces.

Looking at the bigger picture, however, the latest numbers said the labour market expanded 2.1 per cent compared to a year earlier with the addition of 374,300 net new jobs. Of those new jobs, 213,400 were full time. The data provided yet another sign the economy continued to have momentum after a stronger-than-expected start to 2017 that has also prompted two interest rate hikes by the Bank of Canada.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

you want to pick a month?  I can pick one too.  Lets look at the over all increases in the past 2 years.  

I am not giving credit to any government, just posting facts you can't deny

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

another 88k jobs added

Ontario leading the way

sunny so sunny yet doom and gloom from FS posters :lol: 

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

you want to pick a month?  I can pick one too.  Lets look at the over all increases in the past 2 years.  

I am not giving credit to any government, just posting facts you can't deny

It was your post and you were wrong on the net jobs and wrong on Ontario.:lol:

Wrong again.:lol:

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It was your post and you were wrong on the net jobs and wrong on Ontario.:lol:

Wrong again.:lol:

Statistics Canada said Friday that the economy added 35,300 jobs in October as the number of full-time positions swelled by 88,700, while part-time employment dropped by 53,400 jobs.

:coffee:

Edited by 1trailmaker

10 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

na I didn't I just look at the big picture, you can cherry pick month to month if you wish too

Still, in a release that economists are calling a mixed bag for the Canadian job market overall, Ontario was the clear winner. The province drove the national employment gain, by adding 31,100 net new positions, enough to bring the provincial jobless rate down to 5.7 per cent, the lowest since the turn of the millennium, according to TD economist Brian DePratto. Employment held steady or declined slightly across the other provinces.

Looking at the bigger picture, however, the latest numbers said the labour market expanded 2.1 per cent compared to a year earlier with the addition of 374,300 net new jobs. Of those new jobs, 213,400 were full time. The data provided yet another sign the economy continued to have momentum after a stronger-than-expected start to 2017 that has also prompted two interest rate hikes by the Bank of Canada.

perhaps you should read

http://www.680news.com/2017/11/03/newsalert-canada-adds-35300-jobs-in-october-unemployment-rate-up-0-1-per-cent/

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I did read it when it was posted earlier

Employment in Ontario increased by 5,200 jobs in October, the fourth straight month of job gains.

Employment in Ontario is up by 149,200 jobs, year over year. The province's unemployment rate has been below the national average for 31 consecutive months.

The gain in jobs came as the unemployment rate increased to 6.3 per cent, up from 6.2 per cent in September

However, offsetting the jobs report, Statistics Canada also reported a $3.2-billion trade deficit for September, essentially unchanged from the previous month which was revised to a deficit of $3.2 billion compared with an initial estimate of $3.4 billion.

The trade deficit came as both exports and imports lost ground for a fourth consecutive month in September as they both dropped 0.3 per cent.

CIBC chief economist Avery Shenfeld noted that when both exports and imports fall that typically means both foreign and domestic demand is slowing.

“If we look at the numbers for the third quarter, it is clear that exports are going to be a huge drag on growth,”

While the markets are doing well we are still lagging far behind the US in financial market growth.

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sure its all on the up and up.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4382511

CTV reported that Bronfman's lawyer says this wasn't set up to avoid taxes.

Its all Ok because Mulroney was named too. No mention of Harper.

Edited by revrnd

2 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

They should stop and go after those lazy cheating Dr's and Farmers. 

I have nothing but absolute disgust and vehement hate  for the Liberals and their ilk.

Tell us how you really feel. The only time a liberal has a problem is when they run out of other peoples money to spend.

Edited by 02sled
  • Like 1