Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

I haven't a problem with anyone of any religion or background coming to Canada and becoming contributing members to society. I'm not fond of bringing in those that will be a burden on us for the rest of their lives. Truedope has said we will take those that can't pass screening for entry into the US. So the US rejects that may have links to terrorism are welcome in Canada.

I've no issue wth Trump's stance on the importation of Muslims, until they can "figure out what's going on". 

Right or wrong, he's taking a stand on a real issue that most just dance around.  

22 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I haven't a problem with anyone of any religion or background coming to Canada and becoming contributing members to society. I'm not fond of bringing in those that will be a burden on us for the rest of their lives. Truedope has said we will take those that can't pass screening for entry into the US. So the US rejects that may have links to terrorism are welcome in Canada.

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

I love how Trudeau IMMEDIATELY characterizes the Quebec City murders as a "terrorist attack".

Yet, lefties like him and Obama, whenever the shooter is Muslim, always say "let's not rush to judgement....."

We really are second class citizens.....

Didn't the LIBTARDS freak out when Harper called the Ottawa shooting of Cpl Cirillo & the attack on the House of Parliament a terrorist act?

1 hour ago, Pt3189 said:

It was a lone wolf outsider geek university student who snapped from the constant bombardment of libtardism. Shiny Pony on his way to Quebec City for group hug photo op as I type this. 

I almost wondered when someone that was a bit off was going to snap. The daily reports of:

"A Syrian family buys its first Christmas tree."

"A Syrian family goes snowmobiling at the Haliburton Forest for the first time."

"A Syrian family spends their first May 2-4 weekend at Wasaga Beach."

We could go on until the cows home, but it got real old real fast.

I remember when the Vietnamese boat people arrived in '80. All they got was the soon to be known as "boat people jacket" (a blue hooded winter parka) from the feds and they were ignored. The only subsequent news I recall was a former ARVN general, Dan Van Trang(?) living in Montreal being arrested for drug smuggling.

And Peterborough is going to have the requisite vigil tonight to remember the victims. 

Edited by revrnd

2 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Dimming the Toronto sign, tonight, Eiffel Tower will be dimmed in honour of the dead....

How come we only do this for people who want to chop our heads off? 

Wow.  That's an interesting head scratcher.

Why does Justin Trudeau and the other leaders need to go to a mosque after a shooting?

Do the parishoners need to see the shinny pony express and entourage roll into town?  No.

could a statement be issued by Prime Minister and then allow the people to mourn without a circus?  Yes.

It seems any tradegy any PM photo Op is on seen to save the day.

How about save the travel budget and put the dollars into something more worthwhile such as victims rights or more laws on terorism.  Anything but waste on photo ops.  This little trip costs Canadian Taxpayers $100,000 i would bet.  The travel, hotels, security etc for how many people?

Justin stop wasting our money!!

• Like 3

So Trudeau is going to meet with Trump but there are some calling on him not to for Trumps policies and decisions have angered people.

It's okay to go to Cuba and then praise Castro on his death etc. but Trump is the evil one.  

Poor Justin is so far in over his head.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sksman said:

So Trudeau is going to meet with Trump but there are some calling on him not to for Trumps policies and decisions have angered people.

It's okay to go to Cuba and then praise Castro on his death etc. but Trump is the evil one.  

Poor Justin is so far in over his head.

If Truedope doesn't want to talk with Trump and boycotts a meeting you can be sure of one thing. NAFTA will come to an end and Canada will not have a say on it coming to an end. If he does meet then there can be negotiated revisions to NAFTA that could end up being good for both countries. Of course the bleeding hearts can't see anything beyond the temporary ban on people traveling from specific countries that don't have a right to enter the US. They aren't American citizens, landed immigrants or similar.

Nobody who is not a citizen or resident of a country has a RIGHT to enter that country. It is a privilege to be granted.   

• Like 2

The Bleeding Heart Society will never understand what an imbecile they elected. It is alright to disagree with a trading partner but you should not embarrass them outright. Truedope holds fewer cards than he lets on. His ego could cost us billions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pt3189 said:

The Bleeding Heart Society will never understand what an imbecile they elected. It is alright to disagree with a trading partner but you should not embarrass them outright. Truedope holds fewer cards than he lets on. His ego could cost us billions. 

I really think him and Trump are going to come "to words" pretty soon.  Both side's citizens will protest about it.  Hey, can we make the protestors fight to the death?  Or maybe at least slap fights?   

11 hours ago, Sksman said:

Why does Justin Trudeau and the other leaders need to go to a mosque after a shooting?

Do the parishoners need to see the shinny pony express and entourage roll into town?  No.

could a statement be issued by Prime Minister and then allow the people to mourn without a circus?  Yes.

It seems any tradegy any PM photo Op is on seen to save the day.

How about save the travel budget and put the dollars into something more worthwhile such as victims rights or more laws on terorism.  Anything but waste on photo ops.  This little trip costs Canadian Taxpayers $100,000 i would bet.  The travel, hotels, security etc for how many people?

Justin stop wasting our money!!

This meme was on Faceplant today:

Trudeau meme.jpg

I don't have a problem w/ him not going to Ft. Mac' as his "entourage" would've been in the way. 

Tweeting condolences is juvenile & is just a throwaway gesture. On the other hand, aren't there better ways to use the govt's resources? Does every tragedy require the PM (regardless of who they are) & the opposition leaders to trek across the country in some maudlin display of political correctness? In the GTA today there were 3 random shootings/murders. Tory & Toronto council had a big dog & pony show about this? No it was to announce Toronto is welcoming & inclusive city.

I would be happy if the PM took a minute in the house or where ever they may be to speak a few words (and not just reading some prepared script) about whatever happened. 

Trudeau & the rest of them (plus the requisite security detail) showing up isn't going to bring anyone back.

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

If Truedope doesn't want to talk with Trump and boycotts a meeting you can be sure of one thing. NAFTA will come to an end and Canada will not have a say on it coming to an end. If he does meet then there can be negotiated revisions to NAFTA that could end up being good for both countries. Of course the bleeding hearts can't see anything beyond the temporary ban on people traveling from specific countries that don't have a right to enter the US. They aren't American citizens, landed immigrants or similar.

Nobody who is not a citizen or resident of a country has a RIGHT to enter that country. It is a privilege to be granted.   

Apparently the Obama administration had the same idea:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/muslim-ban-hypocrisy-left-said-nothing-when-obama-also-halted-visas/news-story/17c901096824ecd0a2e3a4d1e5ded377

Ruttes party are Liberal to boot.Probably just Liberal lip service to stay in power.Wilders anti -imiigration party has had a quick rise to the top in the polls. Wilders is a very controversial leader who has convinced the silent majority to wake up.

Canada can object all mulcair wants but when it push comes to shove, the US shove sure as heck outdoes our push. Great grandstanding opportunity for mulcair. I wish Canada would do a better job of vetting those coming into Canada. 

Through a interpreter 

are you a refugee.... Yes.   Are you a terrorist.... No.      welcome to Canada.

large numbers of the Truedope refugees are still unemployed unable to speak the language and now being treated for anxiety and depression. 

3 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

IMG_1964.JPG

I'm sure Trump could do better than Sophie. She doesn't hold a candle to the women that accused him of sexual assault over the years.

25 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Canada can object all mulcair wants but when it push comes to shove, the US shove sure as heck outdoes our push. Great grandstanding opportunity for mulcair. I wish Canada would do a better job of vetting those coming into Canada. 

Through a interpreter 

are you a refugee.... Yes.   Are you a terrorist.... No.      welcome to Canada.

large numbers of the Truedope refugees are still unemployed unable to speak the language and now being treated for anxiety and depression. 

Look at the war criminals from WWII turned up over the years. They were all Austrian I imagine.

The Muslim community in Scarlem is upset @ the city because their mosque was closed down due to zoning infractions in an industrial area.

http://www.cp24.com/news/members-of-faith-community-say-zoning-by-law-is-discriminatory-1.3266381

Hundreds of members of the Muslim community showed up at city hall on Wednesday to protest what they are calling a “discriminatory” zoning by-law, which prohibits religious institutions and faith-based community centres from operating on designated employment lands.

The city declared the Sakinah Community Center on Birchmount Road unsafe last January and ordered that it stop operating as a place of worship until improvements were made.

Officials with the community centre subsequently tried to get the order removed but ran into roadblocks after learning that a 2013 amendment to the zoning code prohibited places of worship and schools from being operated on designated employment lands.

Religious institutions and faith-based schools and community centres that were operating on employment lands prior to the enacting of the by-law were granted an exemption, however the city has said that the Sakinah Community Center did not purchase the property until eight months after the amended by-law went into effect.

“They (the city) will say they are protecting the employment land but we pay over a million dollars in salaries and we hire hundreds of people so we are creating jobs for the community,” Imam Said Rageah told reporters in the rotunda at city hall. “To my right and my left there are self storage buildings that can hire one or two people (and they are permitted). Don’t make it difficult on us.”

Three options available to centre

In a letter sent to Rageah and members of the Sakinah Community Center, Mayor John Tory pointed out that 58 per cent of land in Toronto is still designated to allow places of worship.

Tory also suggested three solutions that would allow the Sakinah Community Center to continue operating. He said that city staff could help the organization find a building where it would be permitted to operate or the community centre could request that their current property be rezoned. Finally, he said that staff could also help the community centre create a social enterprise on the property that would allow it to be located on designated employment land.

Rageah, however, told reporters that the zoning issue will affect more than just the Sakinah Community Centre.

He said that by prohibiting places of worship on employment lands, the city is forcing the operators of such facilities into costlier residential and commercial land.

“The majority of us cannot afford to buy land on residential and commercial; let alone deal with the nightmare of rezoning those places, so mosques, temples and other places of worship can operate,” he said. “We will not have any future. There will be no future for faith-based communities if you force us to move with this bylaw.”

Tory says community centre not being singled out

Tory met with representatives from the Sakinah Community Center two weeks ago and in his letter he told Rageah that he feels as though he has “delivered on the commitment” he made to him at the time.

He said the three options he provided the group would all move the issue towards a resolution. He also promised to work with the Toronto Real Estate Board to ensure that religious institutions are aware of where they and cannot operate going forward.

“As you will have seen from my public comments in recent days, I am committed to ensure that our residents feel free and secure practicing their religion, especially Toronto’s Muslim community given the terrible events in Quebec City,” Tory wrote. “Our by-laws and regulations must also be fairly applied fairly and evenly across the city. Any suggestion that Sakinah Community Center is being singled out or treated unfairly under the by-law because of your particular faith is wrong.”

Protestors vow to return

Rageah told reporters that members of his faith community will continue to return to city hall until they have a resolution.

That resolution could be far away, though.

Michael Thompson, the councillor for the area where the Sakinah Community Center is located, said that the city “won’t be intimidated” and won’t “bend the rules."

Thompson did say that the city would be “delighted” to work with the community centre on another solution.

“Employment areas ought to be protected,” he said. “There is manufacturing development taking in place in that particular area and we want to protect that.”

Good on the city! They should have to follow the zoning rules like every other citizen or organization.

34 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I'm sure Trump could do better than Sophie. She doesn't hold a candle to the women that accused him of sexual assault over the years.

Look at the war criminals from WWII turned up over the years. They were all Austrian I imagine.

The Muslim community in Scarlem is upset @ the city because their mosque was closed down due to zoning infractions in an industrial area.

http://www.cp24.com/news/members-of-faith-community-say-zoning-by-law-is-discriminatory-1.3266381

Good on the city! They should have to follow the zoning rules like every other citizen or organization.

The building was declared unsafe which is the first and primary concern. I also call BS on the claim that the Mosque itself pays over $1M in salaries each year. How many employees can a Mosque have that will earn so much money.

And yes... as you said. They need to abide by the zoning just like everyone else in the city.

As for Trump... why would he have any interest in Sophie when he has Melania at home. No comparison between the two.

Edited by 02sled
  • Like 1