Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

9 minutes ago, ACE said:

Justice centre says that the police stealing supplies is illegal and lots of lawyers are offering free representation to the people the government is stealing from 

you do know that THE JUSTICE CENTRE is a right wing organization?  it isn't a Government entity 

• Platinum Contributing Member
51 minutes ago, ACE said:

OPP are refusing to participate in the thefts. It’s just the city cops and they’re going to be in big trouble 

I would say its out of their jurisdiction until the province grants them permission. So far its only local law enforcement but they are seeking help from the Province and Feds now.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I would say its out of their jurisdiction until the province grants them permission. So far its only local law enforcement but they are seeking help from the Province and Feds now.

Still illegal according to lawyers 

they keep calling it an illegal protest which is 100% a lie, and that’s why they had to declare a false state of emergency to make the government’s illegal activities more of a grey area 

29 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The thread topic is Justin Trudeau Is Doing A Great Job! I for one would like to know what 5 great things he's done for this country. 

lol That was rvernd posting with sarcasm it is also the day he went from quite normal to off the hinge, very similar to what is happening with IRV right now but way more intense.

he has done more than any recent PM  :dunno:

Historic stop to 100 year old prohibition, not many PM's have this level of accomplishment.

Literary Created an entire new billion dollar business selling POT products  (the right is all over this business)

Canceled massive cuts to seniors (over 15k in the pocket of a new senior)

biggest single income tax reduction that wasn't for corporation -  1.5% 

5th one :dunno:  I'll come back later

I know you see all this an being worth nothing and Trudeau hasn't done one thing.  common answer for ONEWAY thinking

I am not a fan of carbon tax but saying that I wish Ford never made us under his control,  capNtrade was a very good system that kept priced carbon down for the consumer.   But we vote for Doug to kill it, careful what you ask for..

I wish he could stop saying stupid things at the wrong time

some may be upset over taking income sharing away  and also tax free to 11k a year

SmokeG what did any PM accomplish that was great in the last 50 years?  I would be interested in your comments

55 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It is not local enforcement.  Police from all over the province are there.  I'm heading back out there tonight!

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

lol That was rvernd posting with sarcasm it is also the day he went from quite normal to off the hinge, very similar to what is happening with IRV right now but way more intense.

he has done more than any recent PM  :dunno:

Historic stop to 100 year old prohibition, not many PM's have this level of accomplishment.

Literary Created an entire new billion dollar business selling POT products  (the right is all over this business)

Canceled massive cuts to seniors (over 15k in the pocket of a new senior)

biggest single income tax reduction that wasn't for corporation -  1.5% 

5th one :dunno:  I'll come back later

I know you see all this an being worth nothing and Trudeau hasn't done one thing.  common answer for ONEWAY thinking

I am not a fan of carbon tax but saying that I wish Ford never made us under his control,  capNtrade was a very good system that kept priced carbon down for the consumer.   But we vote for Doug to kill it, careful what you ask for..

I wish he could stop saying stupid things at the wrong time

some may be upset over taking income sharing away  and also tax free to 11k a year

SmokeG what did any PM accomplish that was great in the last 50 years?  I would be interested in your comments

And raised carbon tax on just about every product and essential you buy

yep he is definitely the number one POS you make him out to be 

16 minutes ago, toslow said:

And raised carbon tax on just about every product and essential you buy

yep he is definitely the number one POS you make him out to be 

like I said earlier cap and trade - prices did not drop when Ford canceled the deal.

anyway yes if gas goes up prices go up, but if gas price drops price don't on consumed products.  

Gas has gone from 95 cent in Ontario to $1.60 in less than a year - this has nothing to do with carbon tax and  you would think prices would be triple :dunno: 

When gas gets back to 1.10 do you think prices will reflect that? 

These prices are pretty much out of our governments hands

as it stands today in 'cents'

Ontario tax 14.7/L + 8%pst

Federal tax 10/L + 5%gst

carbon 8.8/L

HST

Carbon tax isn't really the end all, everything is going up, crisis as I have seen gas go up more than 10 cents over night....

Not defending carbon tax, just pointing out it isn't as much as you might think

Edited by 1trailmaker

35 minutes ago, ACE said:

The carbon tax is literally a set rate and not hard to figure out. And yes it adds cost to a litre of fuel. You have to be the largest moron on earth to think otherwise 

It doesn't apply to every Province like BC and Quebec (used to be Alberta and Ontario too)  

The Output-Based Pricing System applies in Ontario, Manitoba, New Brunswick Prince Edward Island, Yukon, Nunavut, and partially in Saskatchewan add Alberta back on this list. All other provinces and territories are implementing their own pricing systems.

Attitude on carbon tax rebate defined by politics, not facts, survey suggests

Carbon tax

A gas pump displays an anti-carbon tax sticker in Toronto on Thursday, August 29, 2019. The Ontario government says it will not appeal a court ruling against its anti-carbon tax stickers.Energy Minister Greg Rickford's office says in a statement that the province will abide by the decision. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Chris Yo
Bob Weber, The Canadian Press
Published Tuesday, January 25, 2022 5:47AM EST

Rebates on carbon taxes haven't helped Canadians warm to them, a new survey suggests.

Results published this week in the journal Nature Climate Change say that not only did rebates fail to make much difference to public opinion, Canadians don't understand them very well.

And those convinced they were paying more in carbon taxes than they received remained just as convinced even when they were shown the facts.

“Partisanship had a big impact - not just on whether people were supportive of the idea of carbon pricing, but on their perception of the facts,” said co-author Kathryn Harrison of the University of British Columbia.

Harrison said she and her colleagues wanted to study whether carbon rebates - returning money to taxpayers to offset or even exceed the amount they'd paid in carbon taxes - would make the policy more palatable.

“Canada was one of the first two countries to do that,” Harrison said. “There was an opportunity to systematically check what was the impact of the policy.”

The team surveyed Canadians between early 2019 and March 2020. They looked at Saskatchewan and Ontario, whose residents get the federal rebate; Quebec, which uses a cap-and-trade system to reduce carbon; British Columbia, which has a provincial carbon tax without rebates; and Alberta, which ended up on the federal program halfway through the study when it cancelled its provincial levy.

Respondents were queried after the rebate plan was announced, after it was implemented, after the first rebates were issued, after the 2019 federal election and a year after the initial announcement. The sample size was 3,313 at the start and 899 by the end of the fifth survey.

“There was no magic,” said Harrison.

The survey found, at most, minor changes in support for carbon pricing over time in all five provinces. British Columbia, which doesn't offer rebates, showed the biggest increase at about 10 percentage points. No province showed a decrease.

There were wide gaps in support between self-identified Liberal and Conservative respondents.

But the researchers found nearly half the Ontario respondents and about a quarter of those in Saskatchewan didn't even know they got a rebate. Those who did consistently underestimated the amount by an average of 40 per cent in Ontario and 32 per cent in Saskatchewan.

When researchers showed the respondents the true value of their rebate, a simple calculation that requires no tax data, the results again split over political affiliation.

“After learning how much they were getting back, Conservative voters were more likely to report they were net losers, that they were paying more in taxes than they were getting back,” Harrison said.

“They must have increased their estimate of how much they were paying up front,” she said. “(They) seem to have adjusted their beliefs in order to support their position of opposition to the federal carbon tax.”

Edited by 1trailmaker

1 hour ago, toslow said:

Fuck your dumb,

I see your leader SKY spoke to his people yesterday - awesome speech 

This is his first time ever being a proud Canadian as he yells out to cheering crowd,  like others here have said. 

"in my entire life never once have I ever been proud to be a Canadian"   CONVOY2022 slogan

awesome leader