Dad sells disrespectful son's SUV on Craigslist

I had a friend that sold his sons sled for similar problems.

(CNN)Fed up with his son smoking weed and "acting all thug," a Florida dad sold the teen's SUV on Craigslist.
And he agreed to take $250 off the price if the buyer lived in the area just so his son would see the vehicle every now and then to remind him "how good he had it!"
    Ouch.
    Allan Gieger Jr. told CNN he did it only with his son's best interest at heart.
    "I've been having some issues with my son over the past year," Gieger said. "I don't want to see him struggle the way I did."
    Like the dad who shot his daughter's laptop, or the mom who posted a video of her berating her teen for suggestive posts, Gieger's is the latest example of parental tough love that has caught the Internet's attention.
    The Craigslist post was shared over a thousand times on Facebook, to mostly positive reviews.
    Gieger says he has received calls and messages praising him for "standing for up for other parents."

Good intentions, bad execution

Gieger bought his son the '98 Ford Explorer for his 16th birthday to drive to school and to work. But like a lot of teenagers, the younger Gieger had some other, uh, ideas.
    Ideas that Gieger and his wife did not approve of, like taking his friends for rides, smoking pot and neglecting to show his parents the "respect" they deserve.
    "Like every parent, we went through every avenue," Gieger said. "We tried talking to him."
    But talking was doing no good.
    So they decided to do something "creative" about it.
    "I was tired of being embarrassed," Gieger said.
    The truck sold in just two hours.

Lesson learned

Allan Gieger III is upset his truck is gone, but it looks like he's coming around.
    "It's been an eye-opening experience," the dad told CNN. "He's started talking to me about helping him reach his new set of goals."
    Though the truck belongs to someone else now, Gieger says he's leaving the post up for good measure -- a reminder to keep his son in line.

Started both my kids out in 98 ford explorer............Sold it to my neighbor.

Still running strong.

I can't believe the amount of young people today who do not have a drivers license.

I already had a car, and the day I turned 16 I was at the SOS getting my license.

6 hours ago, Cold War said:

Started both my kids out in 98 ford explorer............Sold it to my neighbor.

Still running strong.

I can't believe the amount of young people today who do not have a drivers license.

I already had a car, and the day I turned 16 I was at the SOS getting my license.

Well the lib gov thinks your not a adult until you turn like 35 nowadays.

7 hours ago, Cold War said:

Started both my kids out in 98 ford explorer............Sold it to my neighbor.Still running strong.

Fuckin Ford junk. :news:

7 hours ago, Cold War said:

It's because most kids these days al they wanna do is sit inside online 

x2 

My son will be 16 on Dec 9th and will get his license on his birthday. He gets his permit tomorrow and they have to wait 6 months to get their license after they get their permits 

Here the boy got his license when he was 18, girl got it at 16.5 and just days after turning 17 she put my car in the ditch.  She has the car now through a loan I floated, and the boys in jail.  Turns out 6-7 of his buddies are in jail too, they're having a grand ole time.

Me, permit at 15, license a few weeks after turning 16, First checking acct, first car loan age 16.

Graduated age 17, moved to the Twin Cities a month after turning 18.

Sooo many kids these days don't even care to drive, work, or do anything for that matter.

12 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Here the boy got his license when he was 18, girl got it at 16.5 and just days after turning 17 she put my car in the ditch.  She has the car now through a loan I floated, and the boys in jail.  Turns out 6-7 of his buddies are in jail too, they're having a grand ole time.

Me, permit at 15, license a few weeks after turning 16, First checking acct, first car loan age 16.

Graduated age 17, moved to the Twin Cities a month after turning 18.

Sooo many kids these days don't even care to drive, work, or do anything for that matter.

Wtf 

Yeah, I find it really odd.

None of my son's friends drive .

I just thought they were a bunch of weirdos, but after talking to other people that have kids , none of them drive!

18-21 yr olds with no license.

3 hours ago, Cold War said:

Yeah, I find it really odd.

None of my son's friends drive .

I just thought they were a bunch of weirdos, but after talking to other people that have kids , none of them drive!

18-21 yr olds with no license.

x2 

My son has been umpiring baseball for the last month and is workin on getting a job at one of the local Apple Orchards and/or golf courses for the summer.  

He has a vehicle  already (just found out today his grandpa gave it to us for him)  just needs some work done to it to get it back on the road.  He will be paying for the parts, and helping me work on it.   Needs shocks and struts. I will check the entire front end for wear. Probably needs tie rods , ball joints, etc.   Needs tires, AC needs to be recharged  and probably needs a tune up. 

IMG_41991.jpg

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

3 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Nice, I had a Blazer in high school, not bad rides. :bc:

4.3 will run forever   It's a 4x4 too. My my FILs  BIL bought it new , so I know what all has been done to it and what all it will need 

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

x2 

My son has been umpiring baseball for the last month and is workin on getting a job at one of the local Apple Orchards and/or golf courses for the summer.  

He has a vehicle  already (just found out today his grandpa gave it to us for him)  just needs some work done to it to get it back on the road.  He will be paying for the parts, and helping me work on it.   Needs shocks and struts. I will check the entire front end for wear. Probably needs tierids , ball joints, etc.   Needs tires, AC needs to be recharged  and probably needs a tune up   

IMG_41991.jpg

:goodpost:

I make my son help with any repairs or oil changes.

He got a flat tire a few months ago.

I met him in the parking lot and showed him. Where everything was and how.

He did the work...... even though it was raining like a bitch and I wanted to push him out the way and get the hell out of there

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cold War said:

:goodpost:

I make my son help with any repairs or oil changes.

He got a flat tire a few months ago.

I met him in the parking lot and showed him. Where everything was and how.

He did the work...... even though it was raining like a bitch and I wanted to push him out the way and get the hell out of there

Good on you for that :bc:

Not crazy about having a piece of shit Chevy in my drive, but for free , I'll take it.  I've got a '09 F150 lined up from a fellow Millwright I work with.  He's waiting for the new Ranger to come out.  As soon as he can get one, he's gonna sell my son the  F150   It's an XLT 4x4 SCab 5.4   He just rolled 28K miles on it.

I'll probably help him out with some money getting the Blazer back on the road, but he's gonna help work on it and learn how to fix his own cars/trucks, just like I did from my dad, 30+ years ago.  He's taking autoshop at school next year, so this will be good for him.  And I'll more than likely get him new tires for it for Birthday/Christmas  I was already on TireRack looking at BFG AT T/A KO2s for it :lol: