AC snowbike rumours

"So one of my buddies is an engineer at Arctic Cat. I asked him about the snowbike that is a sherco or whatever and mentioned that it seems like they missed the mark on it. He said they are in the works on something way better for a snowbike already. That is all I know, will try and get details as I can." 

They shouldve just just built a ground up bike in the first place.  I guess theyve given up on trying to get the svx approved for trail use in the states. 

• Like 1

There's no question as to their preferred use off trail. 

But, having them trail legal in the east would -

-allow easier access to crown land

-use of popular staging areas(instead of parking somewhere sketchy)

-access to fuel and restaurants

-easier towing out a dead bike

The older setups had poor trail handling, but the new kits setup with convex track and triple point carbides are quite trail worthy.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 0:30 PM, xcr700 said:

Would be fun but probably way too much work to ride 

not true . a buds dad bought a timber sled last yr after trying one out . he has a way more ez time ridding it in the backcountry than his old pro rmk. yes 67yrs old.  he still drives up in the am on his own calles it a day early afternoon and heads back to cabin or motel and hangs out the the 47yr old young bucks lol get back. but he quit even trying on the sled  few yrs back. says this gave him a extra few yrs in the woods

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

not true . a buds dad bought a timber sled last yr after trying one out . he has a way more ez time ridding it in the backcountry than his old pro rmk. yes 67yrs old.  he still drives up in the am on his own calles it a day early afternoon and heads back to cabin or motel and hangs out the the 47yr old young bucks lol get back. but he quit even trying on the sled  few yrs back. says this gave him a extra few yrs in the woods

Buy that old fellow a beer. damn but we were talking about trail riding a bike? they seem to be more at home off trail,like what buddies dad is using it for ? 

no trail all back country last yr he did rabbit ears road 4 of 5 days and tog road 3 of 5 days.

3 other guys in my crew all got snowbikes   also last season so the trailers get full on the way out . they are good for hero snow and a footish to 18in over a base . for bottomless pow worthless

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

no trail all back country last yr he did rabbit ears road 4 of 5 days and tog road 3 of 5 days.

3 other guys in my crew all got snowbikes   also last season so the trailers get full on the way out . they are good for hero snow and a footish to 18in over a base . for bottomless pow worthless

I would love  to try one out