My first car show tonight

Pete

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

Thanks. I enjoy talking about the history of these cars.

Are you going to Sun Valley?  An old friend is one of the organizers, Gerry Leblanc......biiiig dude drives a 70s era Chevy flatbed.  Another “kid” I grew up with has a white Camaro ZL1 that goes pretty regularly. :bc: 

Enjoy, Pete.

I did my 1st car show back in 1993 and I was full of doubts if my Monte Carlo was worthy enough and if people would like it? Needless to say, the show went great and after a few people took their picture beside it, I knew all my senseless worry was simply that, senseless. 

You Nova looks great and I am sure, without a doubt, it will be well received.

Have fun. :bc:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Are you going to Sun Valley?  An old friend is one of the organizers, Gerry Leblanc......biiiig dude drives a 70s era Chevy flatbed.  Another “kid” I grew up with has a white Camaro ZL1 that goes pretty regularly. :bc: 

This is at the elks club in Ludlow. There is a show at sun valley? Im 5 minutes from there.

The ZL-1 has to be the new retro one not one of the originals.

For the most part , car guys are good people. Always willing to help or. Offer up a nice comment.  It is the guys with no cars who are  the assholes.  Internet car experts, who feel it is their job to point flaws out in other people’s cars. 

I park.and sit with friends somewhere else. I always find something nice to tell someone about their car. Not my job to pick it apart. 

I don’t need anyone to tell me about my car.  I built the car from the ground up and have done restoration for 30 years.   Still doesn’t stop idiots from telling me about my car. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

For the most part , car guys are good people. Always willing to help or. Offer up a nice comment.  It is the guys with no cars who are  the assholes.  Internet car experts, who feel it is their job to point flaws out in other people’s cars. 

I park.and sit with friends somewhere else. I always find something nice to tell someone about their car. Not my job to pick it apart. 

I don’t need anyone to tell me about my car.  I built the car from the ground up and have done restoration for 30 years.   Still doesn’t stop idiots from telling me about my car. 

lol. I just listen and say yeah ok.. Hell I had one guy argue with me that my car was not a real SS. I then shoved the fisher body sheet under his nose to prove what it was. He disappeared quickly after. lol

But for the most part car guys are really friendly and supportive.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

lol. I just listen and say yeah ok.. Hell I had one guy argue with me that my car was not a real SS. I then shoved the fisher body sheet under his nose to prove what it was. He disappeared quickly after. lol

But for the most part car guys are really friendly and supportive.

It really is amazing. Are you buying the car?  What does matter if it is or isn’t to you?   Asshole!  :lol:

I got a buddy with a  80 z28 he had built, with a Bill Mitchell stroked big block in it. This car attracts idiots like flies  on shit.  He has resorted to carrying around the build sheet on the motor.  Guys still want to question him on it.   I told him you are going to have to start bringing a portable dyno  with you. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Nic Nova Pete!

One of my buds in high school had an old nova with a 383 in it and that things was downright scary. That thing would fish tail all over the place. 

My engine is a 383. I just talked to guy that built it.

Factory original heads that have been reworked and the factory original block with a .030 over bore. But he didn't have it decked so the original engine code stamp is still there.

Crower crank Crower 6" rods JE pistons Hurricane intake with a 750 holley. Complete roller cam set up. Its vicious with the 4:30:1 gear I installed. Traction is very difficult lol 

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

what you gonna do to it?

whats it have for a motor?

For now.  going to get it to run & drive . Hasn't been  on road since early 80's . Once it is running probably start the bidding. 

I would clean it up & drive it....just like it is. 

Those came with 390's 

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

For now.  going to get it to run & drive . Hasn't been  on road since early 80's . Once it is running probably start the bidding. 

I would clean it up & drive it....just like it is. 

Those came with 390's 

Great motor 

That's the best idea. Keep it just as is. Good luck getting it going. Cool stuff 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

My engine is a 383. I just talked to guy that built it.

Factory original heads that have been reworked and the factory original block with a .030 over bore. But he didn't have it decked so the original engine code stamp is still there.

Crower crank Crower 6" rods JE pistons Hurricane intake with a 750 holley. Complete roller cam set up. Its vicious with the 4:30:1 gear I installed. Traction is very difficult lol 

Yeah I can tell you of all the times I thought I was going to die half of them were in that car!

Edited by Anler
  • Haha 1