***OFFICIAL GOOD MORNING THREAD***

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Got the pool opened up this weekend. The water is crystal clear and a brisk 80 degrees on this sunny afternoon...

Thats to warm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

I agree....my fat ass likes a little chill to feel refreshed.:good:

Yes...If im gonna be hot in water its gonna be a hot tub....Having both would be nice...but a pool here is not worth it.

3 hours ago, jammin said:

What the hell is going on in here?

74 / 83 and sunny.

i started a thread so people have a place to talk about what their day is going to be/was like. 

1 minute ago, n2oiroc said:

busy and hot at work. have 2 days off now so hopefully the weather cooperates so i can continue with fixing up the yard. 

Hot here today too. Only got to 78° here at home according to my weather station. I spent the day in NH visiting my grandmother and it was 83° there. One of the nice things about the NEK of Vermont is that we rarely get above 80° :bc:

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Hot here today too. Only got to 78° here at home according to my weather station. I spent the day in NH visiting my grandmother and it was 83° there. One of the nice things about the NEK of Vermont is that we rarely get above 80° :bc:

we have a chiller system to cool the plant, but its not fired up yet. it got up to 94* today in the plant. 

Just now, n2oiroc said:

we have a chiller system to cool the plant, but its not fired up yet. it got up to 94* today in the plant. 

Wow, that's to warm for me. What exactly is a chiller system?

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Wow, that's to warm for me. What exactly is a chiller system?

basically chilled water running through heat exchangers in the ventilation system. the last plant i worked at didnt have one and it would get over 110* on really hot days. they are energy hogs, so many places dont have them. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiller

• Like 1

1 minute ago, n2oiroc said:

basically chilled water running through heat exchangers in the ventilation system. the last plant i worked at didnt have one and it would get over 110* on really hot days. they are energy hogs, so many places dont have them. 

What does it normally get up to during the summer when the chillers are online?

3 minutes ago, n2oiroc said:

Most places we do work at require year round constant temps for tight processes so they are pretty much a standard.  package units.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

pretty close to ambient or a touch above. if its 95* outside, thats about the best we can get inside. we have a lot of huge ovens and machines that create tons of heat so it takes a huge amount of cooling to even get us where we are. 

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

Normally  try to hold 72ish etc.  That would be for room temps.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

Just now, n2oiroc said:

pretty close to ambient or a touch above. if its 95* outside, thats about the best we can get inside. we have a lot of huge ovens and machines that create tons of heat so it takes a huge amount of cooling to even get us where we are. 

Does it get that hot (95°) there very often? We get warm here in New England at times, but mid 90's is rare.

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

Does it get that hot (95°) there very often? We get warm here in New England at times, but mid 90's is rare.

a few days a year. most of july and august is in the 80's. 

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Most places we do work at require year round constant temps for tight processes so they are pretty much a standard.  package units.

id hate to see the energy bill for one that would keep us that cool. :lol: