*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

43 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I got this in the mail along with a notice that the new sled is in line to be built. Cheap bastards I got a $459 camera when I bought the sxs as a gift

20190904_074137.jpg

Same here.  Almost $14K for a new sled and they send you this garbage. I would have rather had a Tshirt , hat or something. 

What did you order?

Haven't got the bug yet for it. Still pleanty of fishing and hunting to had for the next 2 months then I'll think about it. Did get an email Thursday the sled is built and being delivered so it will show up in a couple weeks to the dealership. 

4 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Haven't got the bug yet for it. Still pleanty of fishing and hunting to had for the next 2 months then I'll think about it. Did get an email Thursday the sled is built and being delivered so it will show up in a couple weeks to the dealership. 

I don't get too excited till after Thanksgiving . Still lots to do around here and having fun in the sxs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

I got this in the mail along with a notice that the new sled is in line to be built. Cheap bastards I got a $459 camera when I bought the sxs as a gift

20190904_074137.jpg

I love that!  Arctic Crusher (I believe) posted his a while back.  I think it’s a brilliant marketing piece myself.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

whats that?

It’s a thumb exerciser you simp!  Do you even drag race, bro!?!?

:lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

14k for a short track spring order? Fuck that. 

I just bought a 4 year old sled with 1 seasons worth of miles on it for 45% of the cost of new. I'll never buy another new sled again. What's the point 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

We usually get 15-25% off on all accessories with every purchase and I only need a spare belt and travel cover this time

For 14k ,a spare belt would be included with the deal,along with a bunch of other things.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I just bought a 4 year old sled with 1 seasons worth of miles on it for 45% of the cost of new. I'll never buy another new sled again. What's the point 

Used prices for XRS's,  without a ton of miles on them are damn near the same as what a snow check was. Mine was $13,727 OTD.  A year old sled with 1,500-2kish miles , guys want like 12,500-12,800. Add tax on top of that and you're better off buying new.  And you get a sled with zero miles, and a full 4 year warranty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We usually get 15-25% off on all accessories with every purchase and I only need a spare belt and travel cover this time

That's what he's offered me as well. First time buying sled from this place. Plus I have a $500 voucher from BRP 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I haven’t bought a new sled since 06. A bunch of used that I haven’t got burned on. I know I’m due to get burned,but At this point,I so far money ahead, It doesn’t mater.

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

That's what he's offered me as well. First time buying sled from this place. Plus I have a $500 voucher from BRP 

Good deal! Dealer I bought from before said no pdi/freight on the sxs and was $1100 more than another dealer and no discount. Guess he didn't need the business so we bought elsewhere

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Used prices for XRS's,  without a ton of miles on them are damn near the same as what a snow check was. Mine was $13,727 OTD.  A year old sled with 1,500-2kish miles , guys want like 12,500-12,800. Add tax on top of that and you're better off buying new.  And you get a sled with zero miles, and a full 4 year warranty.

What people want and what they sell for are two different things. I’m not knocking your new sled. I just would never do full retail on one. Just not worth the money to me,to ride new. I would rather retire early and that is the tunnel I’m focusing on.

Just now, Woodtick said:

What people want and what they sell for are two different things. I’m not knocking your new sled. I just would never do full retail on one. Just not worth the money to me,to ride new. I would rather retire early and that is the tunnel I’m focusing on.

X2

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

$13,727 isn't full retail. MSRP is $14,699. That's not including tax or anything else. Like I said, buy a used Spring Order Only without a ton of miles on it is crazy fir what they sell for compared to Snow Checking and getting full benefits of full warranty and zero miles

*looks at Dreux* 

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I'm retired now and decided to go down to one sled, one permit, ins and one gas tank. If it becomes a shitty winter it"ll stay in the garage

5 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

$13,727 isn't full retail. MSRP is $14,699. That's not including tax or anything else. Like I said, buy a used Spring Order Only without a ton of miles on it is crazy fir what they sell for compared to Snow Checking and getting full benefits of full warranty and zero miles

*looks at Dreux* 

Drew paid 9k otd for the xcr with 600 miles in it and 3 years of warranty.

14 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Good deal! Dealer I bought from before said no pdi/freight on the sxs and was $1100 more than another dealer and no discount. Guess he didn't need the business so we bought elsewhere

That's shitty.

Got 2 other prices on my 2020. Dealer I bought my '17 Renegade XRS off if was a couple hundred bucks more.  Also got a price from dealer a buddy of mine is friends with the owner and his son. I had already got price from my dealer on the '17 first. Dealer friend knows gave me a BS line about "I'm giving you the friends and family deal,. I'm barely making anything in this. Blah blah blah blah"  He was the most expensive out of the 3 prices I got.  Almost $800 more than what I paid.   Some "friends and family deal" eh?   :flush: