*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

Just now, Woodtick said:

New Year’s Eve was a epic day to ride up there. I think we only saw 10 sleds?

Dan was in Rockland and Vince was up near mohawk. Looked pretty good

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I've got a couple weeks of work I need to bang out then I'm going to try and get over there if possible

A little less then an hour east of Lansing

If you like riding at a fast pace, drinking lots of beer and whiskey Trailside and doing one hitters you should meet up with the A team one of these weeks. :bc:

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Dan was in Rockland and Vince was up near mohawk. Looked pretty good

Just now, Anler said:

If you like riding at a fast pace, drinking lots of beer and whiskey Trailside and doing one hitters you should meet up with the A team one of these weeks. :bc:

We only do blow in the morning to get going. 

Just now, Woodtick said:

I don't like doing blow when the trails are bumpy. One bumpy or the other for me, not both!

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Anler said:

Just now, Woodtick said:

:lol: Sounds like it would be well worth the long drive  :bc: 

29 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Oh I know, I'm just pissed off at the conditions close to home (4-5 hour drive or less). Even if there's a chance I still get excuses from riding buddies  

Yep.  And with no snow in the lower, the trails are jammed in the central and Eastern UP 

24 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

This is the new crew  :sad:  Old crew I rode with from the mid 90's up to 5 years ago we'd chase the snow and sleep wherever we could just to get out and ride. 

Use to do the same.  Willing to be a little more patient now.  I have a good feeling about February and March

17 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I've got a couple weeks of work I need to bang out then I'm going to try and get over there if possible

A little less then an hour east of Lansing

Aren't you near or in Waterford? 

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Yeah.  We broke trail for 5km or so in 2 feet on hilly terrain. I was quite impressed. Girls were sure we'd get stuck 😂

My niece kept asking me if I knew where we were. My answer was always " no "!😂😂😂

To give you a idea of the slush holes we were riding through.

7CD9C627-9CA4-4ACC-B7E4-AF3ED433AC24.jpeg

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yep.  And with no snow in the lower, the trails are jammed in the central and Eastern UP 

Use to do the same.  Willing to be a little more patient now.  I have a good feeling about February and March

Aren't you near or in Waterford? 

I miss the old days of chasing snow and having a good time doing it. Settings Cam showed 12 inches a few days ago then it warmed up and now down to 10 which might be a stretch. 

I wish I were near Waterford I'd have a much shorter drive in to work. I'm up near Fenton

We live in a snowbelt and once the season gets going we ride from home and can virtually go anywhere. Now that I'm retired looking forward to riding during the week and not having to deal with the banshees around here on the weekends

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

When I retire and am spending more time at camp,I can see myself owning something like that. The Yammi dealer up by me always has a few of those two stroke,fanners,with low range in stock. I guess those things can go anywhere,but aren’t as comfortable as the bearcat or Doo?

Yep. Have a whole bunch of guys running new vk540s..

They work good, not as comfy. Went out with one this year. When his was at half my fuel gauge was at 3/4. And he has bigger tank.

• Like 1

Put about 350 miles on in 3 days, pulled the plug early as the conditions were deteriorating rapidly.  Love the new sled setup, what a difference with proper springs and a new shock.  Even did a little off trailing, found 2 ft. In the hills.  New camp is pretty sweet.  Sled hit almost 97 with bars up in the air position on glare ice.  Lower bar position and some traction think 100 is doable.  All I was shooting for.  A buddy of ours can’t even get 100 with his shortie turbo.  Not bad for a 16x1.75 track and lower gearing.  Chugs real good in deep snow now.

D2210683-67F5-451A-80BF-D4C70A6A21BD.jpeg

F28AB8C4-9603-4CAD-9ED4-44C5AE05C764.jpeg

A2E96FAD-8733-47CF-A6E1-F110CE9B7940.jpeg

BD1F1925-5103-4F79-896C-D689BCB23C11.jpeg

6F77DEF0-AF9B-4BA0-B59A-99D63CA4B7DA.jpeg

F55B3C32-40A4-46E2-9C7E-35CA4131F623.jpeg

E814E4DA-9F1F-4232-B526-661DD31959C1.jpeg

0D1F6B22-0B1E-4743-931A-7CED93D8228E.jpeg

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Put about 350 miles on in 3 days, pulled the plug early as the conditions were deteriorating rapidly.  Love the new sled setup, what a difference with proper springs and a new shock.  Even did a little off trailing, found 2 ft. In the hills.  New camp is pretty sweet.  Sled hit almost 97 with bars up in the air position on glare ice.  Lower bar position and some traction think 100 is doable.  All I was shooting for.  A buddy of ours can’t even get 100 with his shortie turbo.  Not bad for a 16x1.75 track and lower gearing.  Chugs real good in deep snow now.

D2210683-67F5-451A-80BF-D4C70A6A21BD.jpeg

F28AB8C4-9603-4CAD-9ED4-44C5AE05C764.jpeg

A2E96FAD-8733-47CF-A6E1-F110CE9B7940.jpeg

BD1F1925-5103-4F79-896C-D689BCB23C11.jpeg

6F77DEF0-AF9B-4BA0-B59A-99D63CA4B7DA.jpeg

F55B3C32-40A4-46E2-9C7E-35CA4131F623.jpeg

E814E4DA-9F1F-4232-B526-661DD31959C1.jpeg

0D1F6B22-0B1E-4743-931A-7CED93D8228E.jpeg

Did you meet any local ladies that can tuck their tits in their muck boots? :snack:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, smokin george said:

We live in a snowbelt and once the season gets going we ride from home and can virtually go anywhere. Now that I'm retired looking forward to riding during the week and not having to deal with the banshees around here on the weekends

Weekday riding is the nuts.

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Did you meet any local ladies that can tuck their tits in their muck boots? :snack:

4 seasons in town was loaded with them last night. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Looks good Wolfie. :bc:

Sled is working awesome, super happy about that.  There was some nerd gaping as well, when a group of 7 saw us coming down the trail and took off in front of us.  One of the fastest riders in their group was a saucy little thing in a pink FXR one piece.  I followed that one for a while just to check out her ass, but she was on the gas. :lol:  We came home today it was raining and 40 degrees....

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Sled is working awesome, super happy about that.  There was some nerd gaping as well, when a group of 7 saw us coming down the trail and took off in front of us.  One of the fastest riders in their group was a saucy little thing in a pink FXR one piece.  I followed that one for a while just to check out her ass, but she was on the gas. :lol:  We came home today it was raining and 40 degrees....

Yeah we got rained in last Saturday afternoon. Looks like it's shaping up now tho. 

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

It’s not a hunting or sledding camp with out a local lady with saggy tits and sporting mucks on a Saturday night. 😂

Edited by Woodtick
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

Western UP today. Said even trail 13 was minty.

That’s the new rerouted trail. That was the short cut on forest roads we used to take to Mass City. That first stop sign and right turn is called four corners. It’s aboot 5 miles from my camp. You have been there once or twice with me.:friends: he is headed up fr1300.

5C21904C-1194-4D8F-8D44-CDF3159FD1C3.jpeg

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

Somebody's gonna shit their pants in our area riding down the trail. A cougar is roaming around by the trail

There's no cougars in ON....just an overweight house cat.

Could you Imagine running into one, talk about an o shit moment.