*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

First off, since our idiotic border patrol let Benny back in after I warned them extensively of the dangers, I am now handling all applications for entrance.  I’ll need to review yours and this “Steve Preston” soon if you expect to cross.  SSFB has already been denied, sorry.

B.)  I love Grand Marais so, anything is possible.

I’ve owned both and I certainly feel this way.  Just a small used Boston Whaler and a beat up party barge to take my dogs for cruises, both docked at my cabin....is all I will ever own again.  

Fuck boats and pools...NOPE!!!

You guys just get the wrong kinda boats....I look at mine like a summer home at the ocean. I can sit on it and look out over Long Island sound, one of the best boating areas North of the Carolinas.

20190609_193032.jpg

Just now, s pump said:

You guys just get the wrong kinda boats....I look at mine like a summer home at the ocean. I can sit on it and look out over Long Island sound, one of the best boating areas North of the Carolinas.

20190609_193032.jpg

Some people are just boat people.  I get it.  I just wasn't.  

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

First off, since our idiotic border patrol let Benny back in after I warned them extensively of the dangers, I am now handling all applications for entrance.  I’ll need to review yours and this “Steve Preston” soon if you expect to cross.  SSFB has already been denied, sorry.

B.)  I love Grand Marais so, anything is possible.

I’ve owned both and I certainly feel this way.  Just a small used Boston Whaler and a beat up party barge to take my dogs for cruises, both docked at my cabin....is all I will ever own again.  

Fuck boats and pools...NOPE!!!

Thanks for the welcome to Mn care package. Trail maps, food coupons,and gas cards. I will see you at the end of January and fuck SSFB. 

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Thanks for the welcome to Mn care package. Trail maps, food coupons,and gas cards. I will see you at the end of January and fuck SSFB. 

You are very regarded!!!!!!  Minnesota is happy to have you!!!!!

Painted my medium height windshield today. There’s a heatwave and it’s 50 degrees right now. Beautiful day to get some stuff done outside too. Got the football games on in the garage :bc: 

btw I think this looks a lot better then the clear guards/clear windshield. I’m excited to get it off the trailer next weekend and see it out in the open. 

811A17BC-CBB9-4AB5-A254-654CAB7082D8.jpeg

6BF13143-9553-4AF3-935C-C8D13D606DC4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Painted my medium height windshield today. There’s a heatwave and it’s 50 degrees right now. Beautiful day to get some stuff done outside too. Got the football games on in the garage :bc: 

btw I think this looks a lot better then the clear guards/clear windshield. I’m excited to get it off the trailer next weekend and see it out in the open. 

Looks good

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Looks like you did a nice job anyway.  But, why not just wear a jacket?  Why do some of you ride shirtless?

:lmao:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Copy & pasted from TBP so I don’t have to retype this :lol: 

I finally scratched the itch today! 105 miles. Couple rough spots in the woods and where they had recently logged but the roads were great considering the lack of snow. Only a couple small washouts.

The more miles I put on, the more I loved the new sled. The power is incredible. I can’t believe people are getting tunes. With the conditions today I didn’t even put it in sport mode. XRS shocks are a huge improvement over my 1200 X...front and rear. Handling was better once I softened the front up. Still a little nervous but that might be from the conditions. 17 mpg on my first fill up which is already an improvement over the 1200. Engine temp seems a lot more consistent. Not sold on the track yet. 1.5 inch lugs are great but the ice ripper was doing a lot of spinning on the ice today. I guess my only complaint so far is the steering post angle. Love the adjustable riser but I ended up riding with the bars back because when they’re all the way forward it steers harder.

B72418A2-9877-4DDC-A394-33F72E4B66F1.thumb.jpeg.b9287fef902dfc88bf7027397c204178.jpeg36ABEF59-14AD-4D25-BCD0-F375E84409DA.thumb.jpeg.74cc39345826544c24571369744a7902.jpeg5ECC3254-7E1F-4EFE-88E7-F3D925476414.thumb.jpeg.0ce9f30ae5708ff6b6b0f9288b5914f0.jpeg95CE4676-97E1-4912-9A66-0FDC3CE012EE.thumb.jpeg.2afa9a18358ec708eb4eed65864bd184.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

How's the new gauge?

Is that an Enduro?

Great. I love being able to display so many things at once. But it seems hard to adjust the positions of the stats, like if you wanted to put the RPM’s in the middle screen instead of engine temp.

Both those sleds are XRS’s.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rump-rider said:

Great. I love being able to display so many things at once. But it seems hard to adjust the positions of the stats, like if you wanted to put the RPM’s in the middle screen instead of engine temp.

Both those sleds are XRS’s.

Fkn pain in the ass for me lol. I'm slow at shit like that and only half the stuff set up. Back to the manual or wait for my techie buddy to come by

20191223_092202.jpg

Edited by smokin george

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

Fkn pain in the ass for me lol. I'm slow at shit like that and only half the stuff set up. Back to the manual or wait for my techie buddy to come by

20191223_092202.jpg

Fancy!  Hell, mine reads RPM’s and temp.  I’m sure it does more because it has buttons but, I’m not going to waste any time with that nonsense that I don’t care about.  My gauge even has a few “dummy lights”.  One is temp....no idea what the others are.  I’m simple.  :lmao:

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 12:28 PM, s pump said:

20190609_193032.jpg

one of the best days in the last 10 yrs was watching the chriscraft pull away from the dock knowing I never had to do shit or spend on it ever again . 

20 yrs ago I loved boats . funny most of my buds are starting to follow suit and dump there pigs keep a small fishing boat around to use 1 or 2 times a yr . 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

one of the best days in the last 10 yrs was watching the chriscraft pull away from the dock knowing I never had to do shit or spend on it ever again . 

20 yrs ago I loved boats . funny most of my buds are starting to follow suit and dump there pigs keep a small fishing boat around to use 1 or 2 times a yr . 

Love my old "owe me nothing" boats.

20190717_180908.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

Fuck trail passes, all ya need is a high viz and a sharpie 

CFD8C43F-B4D5-424A-A94C-ED0105E1BACF.png

I was in Collingwood for the last 2 days. I couldn't,t believe the cans you could hear. And I was on the East side of town nowhere near trails.Considering the changing demographics of the town,you guys are going to be in trouble if this is not addressed.

11 minutes ago, gtserider said:

I was in Collingwood for the last 2 days. I couldn't,t believe the cans you could hear. And I was on the East side of town nowhere near trails.Considering the changing demographics of the town,you guys are going to be in trouble if this is not addressed.

The Town multi use trails are at risk, especially now, with the drama in midland going on. 

33 minutes ago, Anler said:

Damn, looking at the forecast and not looking good. Glad I got out this season already. I hope this shit holds up thru the weekend. 

We are trying to figure out where to go.  Want to go back to Park Rapids, but may end up in Hurley/Ironwood.