Ticks & Lyme

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I paid no attention to ticks up until a few years ago when I started spending a lot more time in the woods with my dog and a few weeks ago the local AM Station had a couple hour long discussion about Lyme Disease, Ticks, ect...with a couple guests that had/have it. I was very surprised at how little is known about it in the area medical community and the difficulty in getting it diagnosed.

Trust me, I know all about the lack of knowledge from the medical community on Lymes.

I had to print out info on it and hand it to him because I was damn sure I had it. He wouldn't even have me tested until I did.

I've been dealing with it for about 5 years and it may be worse because of his complacency. I dumped his ass shortly after.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Foolish no vaccine is offered anymore.   I'd take it in a heartbeat.  

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/5/7/17314716/lyme-disease-vaccine-history-effectiveness

Yet in the late 1990s and early 2000s, a vaccine called LYMErix was sold to prevent between 76 and 92 percent of infections. Hundreds of thousands of people got it — until vaccine fear knocked it off the market.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Trust me, I know all about the lack of knowledge from the medical community on Lymes.

I had to print out info on it and hand it to him because I was damn sure I had it. He wouldn't even have me tested until I did.

I've been dealing with it for about 5 years and it may be worse because of his complacency. I dumped his ass shortly after.

Damn that is just wrong.

56 minutes ago, Pete said:

both my dogs got lyme.

They were immovable

just awful

2 of mine have it.   Antibiotics work pretty good on dogs.   Do so on people if caught very early.  

1 hour ago, Pete said:

both my dogs got lyme.

They were immovable

just awful

How old & what kind of dogs?

1 hour ago, Big Crappie said:

Been researching it a bit since we now have ticks in Mich. Fucks some people up real bad & for a long time.

52 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Foolish no vaccine is offered anymore.   I'd take it in a heartbeat.  

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/5/7/17314716/lyme-disease-vaccine-history-effectiveness

Yet in the late 1990s and early 2000s, a vaccine called LYMErix was sold to prevent between 76 and 92 percent of infections. Hundreds of thousands of people got it — until vaccine fear knocked it off the market.

Need one for sure ...

Just now, ford_428cj said:

How old & what kind of dogs?

Been researching it a bit since we now have ticks in Mich. Fucks some people up real bad & for a long time.

Need one for sure ...

Yorkie's.   They are now 14 but were diagnosed like 6 years ago at least.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Big Crappie said:

Its funny you say that my brother did the same thing because his wife insisted he do so because the doctor didn't seem to interested in looking for it. Come to find out she was right.

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Vaccines. They come from the devil’s dick. Pure evil. From science and big government. 

Right....plus they put those poor iron lung makers out of business.

6 hours ago, old indy said:

If any were securely attached I would recommend he goes to his doc and gets the antibiotic they prescribe for that.  fer sherrr

Tick had to be on you for a min of 36 hrs to transmit disease, according to my dr.

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Tick had to be on you for a min of 36 hrs to transmit disease, according to my dr.

That is what I have read as well and that roughly 1 in 5 carry Lyme.

• Gold Member
58 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That is what I have read as well and that roughly 1 in 5 carry Lyme.

Ive been told that even if its bites you its not a guarantee you get any disease. Its when the tic is removed and the contents of it's stomache get forced back into your bloodstream, that blood is now infected with whatever disease and thats how you get it.

12 minutes ago, TallCool 1 said:

Check out this video on another disease carried by Ticks. Killed my friend father after being bit two summer ago.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5460511749001/#sp=show-clips

Goddamn that is frightening.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Do they make them for fat dopey painters? 🤣

It might work, we always purchase the "Large Dog" Seresto collar, (my American Water Spaniel is 38 Lbs. only) we clip the long ends off and have made a bracelet  to wear, works pretty darn good for Gnats, Black Flys, and Mosquitoes, I haven't had a Tick on me this year yet but the Wife has had 1.

Seresto works for 8 months and cost is +/- $52.

Edited by XCR1250
  • Like 1