• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

7 hours ago, SmeeAgain said:

Modulars are typically built to stick-built standards. They come as multiple pieces and are assembled on site.  The can be multi levels and be quite large. My buddy has one he used to sell on lake Huron in Caseville. It's over 4000 SQ ft with vaulted ceilings and 2 stories. It's damn sweet!!  Double wides are two pieces and low build quality.  Friend of mine used to sell them. Market went to shit with the housing crunch. 

The Michigan township association many years ago lobbied the state to change the law on how a mobile home or modular home with a title  issued  by the S.O.S is taxed . That is one of the issues , plus zoning laws , interest rates , is another that killed the industry / sales in MI.  I have a friend that owns / rents  over 50 mobile homes + modular homes across three counties in northern MI , all are stand alones outside of parks.  Wayyy different  type of renters as told by him. He seems to enjoy the weekly  challenge , plus his vast knowledge of mobile home construction and the repairs that are needed.