Meme thread

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Im sure you could upgrade all that though.

A lot of times the 'cabinets' are just big particle board panels coated with plastic woodgrain with doors and drawers cut in, not actual cabinets.

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

16 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

A lot of times the 'cabinets' are just big particle board panels coated with plastic woodgrain with doors and drawers cut in, not actual cabinets.

Get what you pay for.

29 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

this is a modular split and no one would ever knoiw the difference between site or factory built,  if you tour the factory it's amazing what they can build 

Mansfield.jpg

That's a nice looking home although I never figured out why they cantilever the second level on homes.  They did that quite a bit back in the '70's around here but not any more.  The roofs load is transferred to the cantilever and not straight down onto the load bearing wall below.  I'm not even sure if that's allowed here any more.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

That's a nice looking home although I never figured out why they cantilever the second level on homes.  They did that quite a bit back in the '70's around here but not any more.  The roofs load is transferred to the cantilever and not straight down onto the load bearing wall below.  I'm not even sure if that's allowed here any more.  

Our current house is from the 70's.  There are quite a few things I'm not liking about it after 5 years in it.  The cantilevered second story is one of them.  Only have it on 1/2 the back side of the house.  Spider and bird habitat is what it is.  

Just now, DAVE said:

So basically moto doesnt know wtf hes talking about...

Well, it seems in the midwest the call manufactured homes modulars  Maybe thats to get away from the trailer house stigma.  Even the builders call them modular homes but they are nothing more than a double wide without axles set down on your foundation.  Lots of people use poured block or poured walls for foundations because it keeps the critters out.  I don't know about Noggins area, just speaking of southern IL where my inlaws live.  Last summer we looked at dozens of homes with them.  They were calling them modular but from what AG posted it seems they are manufactured.  

20 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well, it seems in the midwest the call manufactured homes modulars  Maybe thats to get away from the trailer house stigma.  Even the builders call them modular homes but they are nothing more than a double wide without axles set down on your foundation.  Lots of people use poured block or poured walls for foundations because it keeps the critters out.  I don't know about Noggins area, just speaking of southern IL where my inlaws live.  Last summer we looked at dozens of homes with them.  They were calling them modular but from what AG posted it seems they are manufactured.  

They do call them modulars around here too. And yes, shit is what they are. It's basically the cheapest home they can build and they go up really fast because they are pretty much finished when they arrive to be placed on the foundation. Basically like a double wide trailer on a slab. 

16 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

They do call them modulars around here too. And yes, shit is what they are. It's basically the cheapest home they can build and they go up really fast because they are pretty much finished when they arrive to be placed on the foundation. Basically like a double wide trailer on a slab. 

Yep.  Slapped together by the same $10/hr meth heads that build campers.  

12 minutes ago, Mikeadoo said:

Image result for snowmobile memes

sorry.....couldn't not post this one :lol:

Its not even an Axys bro. Gods gift to sleds if you’ve ever ridden one. You’re probably used to busted s modules. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Its not even an Axys bro. Gods gift to sleds if you’ve ever ridden one. You’re probably used to busted s modules. 

You sound like one of those guys who whatever brand he has at the time...its the best.

:lol:

29 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Axys is the Jesus sled. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Does a modular home typically have wheels?  What makes them different than a double wide?  

Modulars are typically built to stick-built standards. They come as multiple pieces and are assembled on site.  The can be multi levels and be quite large. My buddy has one he used to sell on lake Huron in Caseville. It's over 4000 SQ ft with vaulted ceilings and 2 stories. It's damn sweet!!  Double wides are two pieces and low build quality.  Friend of mine used to sell them. Market went to shit with the housing crunch. 

6 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

Called Prefab here. My parents is a prefab. Very nice house.