• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

8 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

deliverance.jpg

I'm about to rate 2020 worse than the ARAB OIL EMBARGO of '73. 

Let me take that back, yes 2020 IS WORSE than '73. Thanks Donny. Now take your Slovenian whore back to your tower in Manhattan, and shut that fukkin big mouth of yours forever.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

i have to say I am a bit disappointed in the ride of the F150.  I thought the Z71 shocks were bad after 50k miles on the Chevy's but these are that bad with less than 5k.  

Doesnt the denali come with the fancy magnaride shocks? Anyhoo the air ride in my new Ram is the shizzle... 

45 minutes ago, Anler said:

Doesnt the denali come with the fancy magnaride shocks? Anyhoo the air ride in my new Ram is the shizzle... 

They don't use the Magnaride anymore.  Some other adaptive suspension tech.

The Magnas on my '16 Denali are still great but I've heard of lots of guys blowing them out driving on backcountry gravel roads a lot.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

The Magnas on my '16 Denali are still great but I've heard of lots of guys blowing them out driving on backcountry gravel roads a lot.

Probably more for a luxury car ride than truckin I suppose. They do ride great IMO

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not very happy with my wifes 21 Yukon Denali.   Already 2 trips to the dealership in under 5000 miles.   Electric bug in the safety restraint system they can't get figured out.   In 25 miles it went off 20 times the other night.   Mainly happens when I'm driving and put the seat back so one would think possibly something in the harness.   That's the next thing they are changing.   If that don't do it they might be getting it back. 

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Probably more for a luxury car ride than truckin I suppose. They do ride great IMO

They're excellent for towing my boat too.  Best handling half ton tow rig I've ever driven.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

no sure what they are running in the denali now but I know they ride well.   It's funny because when i bought my 14 i knocked the F150 out over ride quality,  i didn't notice it when i test drove the new F150 but on the cobbled up roads we have right now from doing construction it's pretty poor.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

no sure what they are running in the denali now but I know they ride well.   It's funny because when i bought my 14 i knocked the F150 out over ride quality,  i didn't notice it when i test drove the new F150 but on the cobbled up roads we have right now from doing construction it's pretty poor.  

Ive never been a fan of the Ford half ton stuff. The super duty shit has been pretty good IMO. Ford makes a great work truck

Not sure why Ford would consider turbo charging small displacement engines, to obtain horsepower on a spec sheet...other than to meet emission standards.

13 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Not sure why Ford would consider turbo charging small displacement engines, to obtain horsepower on a spec sheet...other than to meet emission standards.

my 3.5 eco is significantly worse than my 14 chevy 5.3 was even with the 10 speed trans.  Shockingly so.   But with the 36 gallon tank I only need to fill it every other week which is kinda nice.  Will be interesting to see how it does when i take it to move my daughter back in in January with 500 miles each way on the highway.  I'm guessing it won't improve all that much from the 15 and change it's getting now.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

my 3.5 eco is significantly worse than my 14 chevy 5.3 was even with the 10 speed trans.  Shockingly so.   But with the 36 gallon tank I only need to fill it every other week which is kinda nice.  Will be interesting to see how it does when i take it to move my daughter back in in January with 500 miles each way on the highway.  I'm guessing it won't improve all that much from the 15 and change it's getting now.  

I have the 2.7 and with an air compressor in the back Im getting 20. Empty it is 24

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Got 2 chevy express 1500 AWD vans. 5.3L. They barely get better MPG than the 6L  loaded with 1500 lbs of tools and parts. Oh well.  The AWD vans are light years more capable than my '15 GMC long box crew 4X4.  It's astounding. I love 4x4 trucks, my long box crew is awesome at towing, even on snowy roads with a long, heavy trailer...but the AWD vans are like a rally car, with 325 HP. and 5000 lbs of well distributed weight. I use them to climb what are roads beside ski hills. I'd take the van over the pickup all day long.