Brake Pad/Rotor Kits...suggestions

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Same here, work better than any others I've tried, I also use ceramic pads.

Yes the brake kit I bought came with ceramic pads.

they are fantastic 

1 hour ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Lifetime parts replacement on brake parts? That's pretty awesome!

Just an fyi. They pay very little for the pads, $6-$10 a set and they charge back the warranty to the manufacturer. They make their money on labour and having your vehicle on their hoist gives opportunities for further repairs. The lifetime brake warranty is a actually a money maker for the shops.

2 minutes ago, Skeeter21i said:

Just an fyi. They pay very little for the pads, $6-$10 a set and they charge back the warranty to the manufacturer. They make their money on labour and having your vehicle on their hoist gives opportunities for further repairs. The lifetime brake warranty is a actually a money maker for the shops.

Just like the dealer's "free state inspection". I get that. I was more surprised about the auto parts store lifetime replacement on parts.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Ordered complete front and rear rotors and pads for my 08 Escalade from Detroit Axle on Amazon. With tax, only Cost me $146.00.....can't beat it. Was a bit skeptical that quality would suffer from the cheap price but  have had about 4 months and close to 8k miles with no issues.....smooth as silk,no warping and very quiet and perfect replacement fit. Will definitely be buying from them again.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Ordered complete front and rear rotors and pads for my 08 Escalade from Detroit Axle on Amazon. With tax, only Cost me $146.00.....can't beat it. Was a bit skeptical that quality would suffer from the cheap price but  have had about 4 months and close to 8k miles with no issues.....smooth as silk,no warping and very quiet and perfect replacement fit. Will definitely be buying from them again.

I bought the Detroit Axle  stuff for my 2007 Tahoe, got the drilled and slotted rotors. Best replacement brakes so far and I have had several sets in 300,000 miles. Still not rusty after 1 Michigan winter. Just found the $146 set  you bought, I'll try them next time.   https://www.amazon.com/Detroit-Axle-2011-2013-Avalanche-Silverado/dp/B07FZ99DNW/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=2007+tahoe+brake+kit+front+and+rear&qid=1559449541&replacementKeywords=brake+kit+front+and+rear&s=automotive&sr=1-3-spell&vehicle=2007-47-499------------&vehicleName=2007+Chevrolet+Tahoe#customerReviews 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Do they have calipers too?

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 6/2/2019 at 12:34 AM, IRONDOG said:

I bought the Detroit Axle  stuff for my 2007 Tahoe, got the drilled and slotted rotors. Best replacement brakes so far and I have had several sets in 300,000 miles. Still not rusty after 1 Michigan winter. Just found the $146 set  you bought, I'll try them next time.   https://www.amazon.com/Detroit-Axle-2011-2013-Avalanche-Silverado/dp/B07FZ99DNW/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=2007+tahoe+brake+kit+front+and+rear&qid=1559449541&replacementKeywords=brake+kit+front+and+rear&s=automotive&sr=1-3-spell&vehicle=2007-47-499------------&vehicleName=2007+Chevrolet+Tahoe#customerReviews 

Yeah... thats it.  Fast shipping too as Im sure you can vouch.

22 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Do they have calipers too?

Did a quick search, doesn't look like they have calipers. Only other thing I ever bought from them is stabilizer end links.

2 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yeah... thats it.  Fast shipping too as Im sure you can vouch.

Did a quick search, doesn't look like they have calipers. Only other thing I ever bought from them is stabilizer end links.

Yeah, I just looked too, don't see any, odd though.