Looking for a sled for my 11 year old daughter

f7ben

Just now, Kev144 said:

I heard the wax on your sled is 4" deep!   When you sell it, I suppose you can classify it as lady driven :snack: 

1/2 inch..... and I’ve got a 1/4 inch of Armour all on the seat, track and skis!!!

....but don’t be a hater.

3 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Buddy just got his 10 year old boy a 2012?? 500 snopro.  Good fit IMO.

Neal

That's what I was going to suggest. Those 500 suzuki's are good little motors. Too bad they don't make them any more.  No power valves so they are down on power but lower maintenance.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, f7ben said:

That's why I figured a 600 race sled. Probably only goes 65mph

It's a factory CC sled, it will see 90 mph and we know you ain't winning shit @65 mph in CC racing. The springs and shock valving on that sled are stiff as board, it's mixed gas, and then the question is; it setup to run pump gas or race fuel?

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's a factory CC sled, it will see 90 mph and we know you ain't winning shit @65 mph in CC racing. The springs and shock valving on that sled are stiff as board, it's mixed gas, and then the question is; it setup to run pump gas or race fuel?

He is taking a shot at Zderspski but the newer Cat R XC use the CTEC 600 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's a poor choice for a child's first sled.  There is no question.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, f7ben said:

She's pretty big for her age and next year will be her first year trail riding a full size sled. Thinking something like this

https://duluth.craigslist.org/snw/d/fosston-2010-arctic-cat-sno-pro-600/6813128236.html

What about a freestyle 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/317857702390751/

Edited by jtssrx

Newer Yamaha phazer is a good sled.. do about 85mph, decent suspension, any you see on CL probably have had all the issues taken care of, Copper exhaust doughnuts,real skis,  oilite bushings in the a-arms, X wheel package.. The 4stroke will hold its value fairly well..

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Newer Yamaha phazer is a good sled.. do about 85mph, decent suspension, any you see on CL probably have had all the issues taken care of, Copper exhaust doughnuts,real skis,  oilite bushings in the a-arms, X wheel package.. The 4stroke will hold its value fairly well..

How do they skip water?

• Haha 2

Just now, f7ben said:

How do they skip water?

Haha, I never had any issues.. The phazer is surprisingly light too, 485lbs if i remember correctly..

6 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I think a 1998 Polaris XCR 440 would be a good way to go. 

I'm thinking a 2017 Cat SX 600 is perfect for her and my wife to share. I'll toss the C&A junko shits in the trash and put some proper skis on it though

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I'm thinking a 2017 Cat SX 600 is perfect for her and my wife to share. I'll toss the C&A junko shits in the trash and put some proper skis on it though

or you could buy a consumer sleds that going to be far nicer for them to ride with ES and reverse and a suspension for light people  

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That would be acceptable for a little while, but I think they'd both be itching for more performance rather quickly which is why I suggested the 20 year old 440 :) 

5 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

That would be acceptable for a little while, but I think they'd both be itching for more performance rather quickly which is why I suggested the 20 year old 440 :) 

SLAM!!!11

33 minutes ago, f7ben said:

JESUS DUDE!  A proper set of skis literally scares you silly.  Strap those to the spindles of a proper sled and you'd shit clear up your back before you could get the clutches to engage!  :lol2:

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

or you could buy a consumer sleds that going to be far nicer for them to ride with ES and reverse and a suspension for light people  

The little fucking troll that he is.  :lmao: 

24 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Keep it up.  See what happens!

Image result for poking bear gif