****Official fall video and picture thread****

ckf

Today Rob and I both got our drones in the air to video the fall foliage here in northern Vermont. Peak color is still another week or so away, but the colors are starting to pop.

Rob's Video

My video

• Like 2

Nice fall videos, one of the maples in the backyard is just starting to change. I saw a cool fall scene today when about 50 migrating Broad winged hawks were flying in a kettle above the house and the woods.

Hey John you should make this the official fall video and picture thread :bc: 

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Nice fall videos, one of the maples in the backyard is just starting to change. I saw a cool fall scene today when about 50 migrating Broad winged hawks were flying in a kettle above the house and the woods.

Hey John you should make this the official fall video and picture thread :bc: 

Good idea Vince :bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I spent most of the day taking photos and shooting video of the fall foliage. Here's a video from today of 1st Connecticut Lake in Pittsburg, NH.

That is amazing. Whats the range on that thing? I really want one but guessing a decent one is north of 1k right?

Just now, Wildcat said:

That is amazing. Whats the range on that thing? I really want one but guessing a decent one is north of 1k right?

It all depends on interference and what you have for obstructions between the controller and the drone. With OK conditions it's about a mile. With perfect conditions I've been 2 miles and the reception was still perfect. The one I have sells for about $700 now.

Just now, ckf said:

It all depends on interference and what you have for obstructions between the controller and the drone. With OK conditions it's about a mile. With perfect conditions I've been 2 miles and the reception was still perfect. The one I have sells for about $700 now.

Nice. What happens if it loses signal does it just come back or how does that work. I like water so would be using it just like you in that sense.

Just now, Wildcat said:

Nice. What happens if it loses signal does it just come back or how does that work. I like water so would be using it just like you in that sense.

If it loose signal it will return to where it took off from and land. It's a lot of technology for the money IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Nice.  Hey, you guys get an altitude reading on those?  Looks like ~300 feet.  How high can you fly them?

Yes, it tells you how high you are from your takeoff point. When you download the flight data after the flight it will tell you the actual altitude. The firmware allows you to fly up to 1600' above your takeoff point. The FAA recommends 400' so you don't interfere with regular airplanes.