Sledding Winter 19

Fozzy

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Jesus Irv you'd put most of the wops to shame here in the bridge.:lol:

:lol:Some pretty clean looking IROC's up that way is there? 

1 hour ago, steve6 said:

Irv waxes more than rides :D

Easy!! :stop:

29 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

He's probably afraid to ride them. 

LOL. Hopefully that all changes next winter when I am fully retired? I hope to do more volunteering at the PPSC and hopefully get out a heck of a lot more! I am currently getting all my paperwork in order and have a financial advisor who is helping me with a bunch of things. 4 months to go before it is official. :bc:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, irv said:

LOL. Hopefully that all changes next winter when I am fully retired? I hope to do more volunteering at the PPSC and hopefully get out a heck of a lot more! I am currently getting all my paperwork in order and have a financial advisor who is helping me with a bunch of things. 4 months to go before it is official:bc:

:ylsuper:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, irv said:

LOL. Hopefully that all changes next winter when I am fully retired? I hope to do more volunteering at the PPSC and hopefully get out a heck of a lot more! I am currently getting all my paperwork in order and have a financial advisor who is helping me with a bunch of things. 4 months to go before it is official. :bc:

More Mustangs and Challengers (newer) actually.  Some older guys (bald) :lol:driving around in the 70's and late 60's models.  Trying to hang onto their youth I guess.

Hope retirement works for you, I'm having far too much fun to even consider that now.

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

I'm contemplating retirement.  Been here at the shop for 21 years now (including part time when I was still in high school.) 

I was striving for freedom 35, but I got married and those plans changed.

43 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I was striving for freedom 35, but I got married and those plans changed.

I hear ya.  I just cracked 37, another kid on the way and well, I'm still at work

Edited by 04nightfire

7 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

8.5 years and I'm out!

I am fortunate that I can literally work from anywhere and do many times when I travel, although that part can be a noose. 

Today I ended up working from home as I helped my son with his Brampton Flight prep and then closed a large US order and working on another in Chile.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I am fortunate that I can literally work from anywhere and do many times when I travel, although that part can be a noose. 

Today I ended up working from home as I helped my son with his Brampton Flight prep and then closed a large US order and working on another in Chile.

I'll just divest myself of all responsibilities and probably pick up a part time sales job or something to keep busy. Or I may not and just be a golf course Marshall. 

Son is soloing next week. He is pumped. 

• Like 1

You guys give up sledding way to early, March and April are the best months to ride. Last year I sledder in Quebec mid May. Boating season only gets good at the end of June.

This was May 13th last year, sunny and 15 degrees.

F53B1C7A-6C2F-4CFA-ADC6-FECAD1AF0409.thumb.jpeg.5c3dc7ac87fb86cc8770b759d8fa0eab.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

You guys give up sledding way to early, March and April are the best months to ride. Last year I sledder in Quebec mid May. Boating season only gets good at the end of June.

This was May 13th last year, sunny and 15 degrees.

F53B1C7A-6C2F-4CFA-ADC6-FECAD1AF0409.thumb.jpeg.5c3dc7ac87fb86cc8770b759d8fa0eab.jpeg

Beauty, I wish I could but too much on the go at the moment....  I bet I could ride out of my place in Griffith this weekend.....March April riding is the best for sure....enjoy !

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

More Mustangs and Challengers (newer) actually.  Some older guys (bald) :lol:driving around in the 70's and late 60's models.  Trying to hang onto their youth I guess.

Hope retirement works for you, I'm having far too much fun to even consider that now.

Thanks. :bc: My fun ran out a couple years ago where I was dreading going into work. I'll have 36.29 years in come retirement time so it's time to go. Started there when I was 18 and will be 55 in May. I have always, just like the commercial, stuck to Freedom 55 so that is what I am doing. 

1 hour ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

I'll just divest myself of all responsibilities and probably pick up a part time sales job or something to keep busy. Or I may not and just be a golf course Marshall. 

I am not really sure what I am going to do other than enjoy life, enjoy my freedom and enjoy not waking to an alarm clock. I have my trailer, my boat, and of course my sleds for the winter. I also would like to get my Monte Carlo back on the road plus do a bunch of things around the house as well. Honestly, I don't foresee me ever getting bored nor wanting to work again but one never knows. 

Edited by irv
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

That's awesome.   

11 hours ago, irv said:

Thanks. :bc: My fun ran out a couple years ago where I was dreading going into work. I'll have 36.29 years in come retirement time so it's time to go. Started there when I was 18 and will be 55 in May. I have always, just like the commercial, stuck to Freedom 55 so that is what I am doing. 

I am not really sure what I am going to do other than enjoy life, enjoy my freedom and enjoy not waking to an alarm clock. I have my trailer, my boat, and of course my sleds for the winter. I also would like to get my Monte Carlo back on the road plus do a bunch of things around the house as well. Honestly, I don't foresee me ever getting bored nor wanting to work again but one never knows. 

I'm very much enjoying life.  Realistically wife has another 6 years before she can fully retire, so I will go at least that long. Frankly we are pretty much set now, investments set to greatly outgrow withdraws going forward.  We don't do budgets except for the cottage build, this is the design so far, but the start will likely have to wait til 2020 or early 2021 now.

Cottage-main.thumb.png.7b2713fc5bfc4fc2481623da06a91189.png

Cottage-Elev.thumb.png.1db80152c2fa8d5e8e669daf89e0424f.png

• Like 5