Sledding Winter 19

Fozzy

Post your trips or day rides.

This was my third day ride of the year. We trailered to Arnprior (30min from home) and rode through White Lake, up to Calabogie where we looped around Norcan Lake up around the dam and then into Calabogie and had lunch at Rednecks. From there we headed down towards Renfrew, Cobden and then back to Arnprior. Not huge ride 255 km but a nice one and snow coverage is pretty good. The new railbed trail from Renfrew and Arnprior trail 106 that is right next to the Ottawa River is actually very nice.

The storm this weekend is giving us a foot of snow and will be able to leave from home.

IMG_4088.thumb.JPG.79752b8a98c8f116994b6bdd23938be5.JPG

IMG_4090.thumb.JPG.c1a3635385180f3e16077fb1046e40c8.JPG

IMG_4093.thumb.JPG.51ba37df86e8dbb5c049da204ea3e33a.JPG

• Like 2

We cancelled going to Que ( too fkn cold) and got out on Fri for a ride. We trailered to Gooderham ( 25 min from here) and rode north. The trails were thin in spots and during one of our stops buddies wife says they have to be home by 6pm. Fkn hammer down lol then we get home and find out she had the wrong day. All in all it was a good day and we only managed 145kms which would've been twice that without the fkup

3 hours ago, smokin george said:

We cancelled going to Que ( too fkn cold) and got out on Fri for a ride. We trailered to Gooderham ( 25 min from here) and rode north. The trails were thin in spots and during one of our stops buddies wife says they have to be home by 6pm. Fkn hammer down lol then we get home and find out she had the wrong day. All in all it was a good day and we only managed 145kms which would've been twice that without the fkup

Rode your area yesterday, I think (Kinmount).....could use more snow for sure, but not bad all in all.

Seems to be a rock hard ice base in most area's,  so just add more snow!

25 minutes ago, Zooman said:

5 of us also rode out of kinmount up Whitney for lunch 

835BA939-65D2-4B65-9647-30898C2CABEF.jpeg

AE9E0D03-3E7F-45FE-A858-17CB34E49173.jpeg

Where did you end up parking in Kinmount and how was the B on your return trip?

When I pulled out in the afternoon, the lot I parked at was now full of rigs and Monck road was now also full of rigs.

I drove to kinmount today, went through minden, back over to mckecks for lunch and back to kinmount, not a huge ride but jebus it was fucking cold. Parked by the dam wall/building. B112 south of Minden was brutal, some neat sightings today, car track racing in Minden was full of cars and dog sled racing in Haliburton at the convention center thing on trail 7

Edited by steve6

We did try to park up by the rail line but by 8:00 am it was jammed.   We just went up just past the lcbo and parked at the old gas station.  

The b wasn’t to bad just the #10 trial re route was pretty rough 

https://www.muskokaregion.com/news-story/9137310-child-injured-in-serious-snowmobile-crash-doing-doughnuts-on-kahshe-lake/

Shortly after 5 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 21, officers were called to attend a snowmobile crash on an island on Kahshe Lake. Police, accompanied by Muskoka EMS and Gravenhurst Fire attended to find that an 11-year-old had apparently been doing "doughnuts" on the ice surface when he lost control of the 600-cc machine.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, steve6 said:

I was a lot younger than 11 the first time I lost it doing donuts on ice. Of course, it wasn't a 100+ hp sled though, more like 10.

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I was a lot younger than 11 the first time I lost it doing donuts on ice. Of course, it wasn't a 100+ hp sled though, more like 10.

I didn't start my boy on my 600 until a couple years after he got his license. Experience also goes a long ways. He rode a Kitty Cat, a 340 Indy Lite plus he atv'd and whatever else before then too. I have no idea the story of this kid and if he had experience or not but putting an 11 yr old on a newer, (if it was?) 600 cc sled at 11 is pretty idiotic, imo.

"Police said in a media release, "The exposure of young people to the operation of motorized vehicles like snowmobiles and ATVs is an important part of their development into safe and competent riders. Even when children are closely supervised, parents must be aware of the potential for disaster that arises when inexperience is combined with the power of these machines. Please take all possible precautions and be mindful of the extreme dangers when teaching your children to operate snowmobiles and ATVs. Smaller, less powerful machines are available and help to minimize the dangers of learning to ride."

018_18_04 (Medium).JPG

HPIM0475 (Medium).JPG

019_19_03 (Medium).JPG

HPIM0556 (Medium).JPG

HPIM0565 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0503 (Large).JPG

• Like 2

My kid got a 600 Rush at 13.5, after he grew out of the 380 and I knew he could handle it.  Did not read the story, and not judging anyone.

BTW he was doing donuts with the quad on the driveway after moving so me snow.  Lol.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

Just go for a ride instead.

We did around the neighborhood in the sxs. It gets pretty squirrelly when you give it some gas. Sleds are off the trailer,driveway all cleaned up and gonna fill them up for a ride tomorrow

French River

Please be advised we had an incident with a groomer hitting and snapping a hydro pole while packing the C105D trail along Hwy 522 where the CN Tracks cross the highway. Hydro has advised us, after checking it out, that this is a potentially dangerous situation and have asked us to ensure we reiterate to everyone that this trail is closed. They plan to come in on Monday, after checking the situation out today, and will rectify the situation and we ask that everyone stay away from the area. Live wires are involved so please stay off the trail for your safety. Thank you. 

4 hours ago, smokin george said:

We"re shaping up. Still coming down and showing more next week

20190127_080417.jpg

Looking good, George! I am hoping to hear/see trails opening in Port Perry soon! 

37 minutes ago, irv said:

Looking good, George! I am hoping to hear/see trails opening in Port Perry soon! 

Irv,

You have a trailer, use it.....Kinmount is not far and if you are real nice,  you might get a VIP parking spot!

8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Irv,

You have a trailer, use it.....Kinmount is not far and if you are real nice,  you might get a VIP parking spot!

Dale knows he has an open invite and ample parking

20190127_130509.jpg

Edited by smokin george
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Irv,

3 hours ago, smokin george said:

Dale knows he has an open invite and ample parking

20190127_130509.jpg

I'm going to take you up on that awesome offer one of these days, George! Thanks again! :bc: