Transgender relatives

Interesting discussion. 

This new "They, Them," is confusing.  I had to ask some friends how it even works.  Many in the community are still trying to figure out how to address someone.  It is harder without knowing for sure how someone does self identify.  Just ask, is all they know for sure.

Just now, favoritos said:

Interesting discussion. 

This new "They, Them," is confusing.  I had to ask some friends how it even works.  Many in the community are still trying to figure out how to address someone.  It is harder without knowing for sure how someone does self identify.  Just ask, is all they know for sure.

How many of them do you have in your community? Maybe it’s something in the water. 

2 minutes ago, favoritos said:

Interesting discussion. 

• Gold Member

Well tomorrow is the big day.

I have been following along here and I think there are plenty of smart people who have responded, and plenty of people who could be smarter. I will put myself in the could be smarter camp.

I have decided to respectfully decline the invitation.

I base this decision of the fact that I do not understand why anyone would want to change their gender. I don't know if I will ever get it, and I don't care. I also think it isn't good for the  young children who will be there and have to see this. There will be an 4, 8 and 10 and year old. 

Anyway,  people my age ( I will be 65 in 7 years) seem to agree with my position. Younger people say I am the one with the problem. I will give them a strong maybe that's true. But I really don't think so.

I'm going to respond how I "identify"  and believe to be "My Truth". 

I am not ready to accept this because I do not understand, I do not have one politically correct bone in my body and I have no filter.

If he/she want's to discuss this I will refer him/her to  this:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joesale said:

Well tomorrow is the big day.

I have been following along here and I think there are plenty of smart people who have responded, and plenty of people who could be smarter. I will put myself in the could be smarter camp.

I have decided to respectfully decline the invitation.

I base this decision of the fact that I do not understand why anyone would want to change their gender. I don't know if I will ever get it, and I don't care. I also think it isn't good for the  young children who will be there and have to see this. There will be an 4, 8 and 10 and year old. 

Anyway,  people my age ( I will be 65 in 7 years) seem to agree with my position. Younger people say I am the one with the problem. I will give them a strong maybe that's true. But I really don't think so.

I'm going to respond how I "identify"  and believe to be "My Truth". 

I am not ready to accept this because I do not understand, I do not have one politically correct bone in my body and I have no filter.

If he/she want's to discuss this I will refer him/her to  this:

Amen.