Polaris 850

Slow Joe

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Rode a 150 mile loop with an 850 Polaris yesterday. Surprisingly, no tow rope required. 

Gonna give it another chance to blow it up again to-day. LOL

Things are green in your area. Did you ride from there or trailer?

Tons of snow and awesome trails along the St. Lawrance Seaway. Had to cut our day short to-day to about 3 kms cause all the guys with the new doo 700 dollar helmets couldn,t keep the freezing rain melted on their faceshield. Was a shocker to all the guys that have them, and they weren,t very happy about it. You wouldn,t want to get caught far away from home in freezing rain wearing one, cause you would basically have to drive with the shield up to see the trail. A heads up to anyone that owns one.

Edited by Frostynuts

1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

Tons of snow and awesome trails along the St. Lawrance Seaway. Had to cut our day short to-day to about 3 kms cause all the guys with the new doo 700 dollar helmets couldn,t keep the freezing rain melted on their faceshield. Was a shocker to all the guys that have them, and they weren,t very happy about it. You wouldn,t want to get caught far away from home in freezing rain wearing one, cause you would basically have to drive with the shield up to see the trail. A heads up to anyone that owns one,

Good to hear.....and let me guess the Cat was flawless again....

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Tons of snow and awesome trails along the St. Lawrance Seaway. Had to cut our day short to-day to about 3 kms cause all the guys with the new doo 700 dollar helmets couldn,t keep the freezing rain melted on their faceshield. Was a shocker to all the guys that have them, and they weren,t very happy about it. You wouldn,t want to get caught far away from home in freezing rain wearing one, cause you would basically have to drive with the shield up to see the trail. A heads up to anyone that owns one.

Electric or non electric shields? 

Just now, Frostynuts said:

The shield is non electric, but the helmet is suppose to get hot inside, and does have a nice red safety light that is very visable on the back of it, when it is plugged in.

Hot inside, seriously? I can't help but think that would cause condensation/fogging on the inside of the shield? I use to wear a No-Fog because of that but since I went electric, I haven't worn my No-Fog since. 

2 hours ago, irv said:

Hot inside, seriously? I can't help but think that would cause condensation/fogging on the inside of the shield? I use to wear a No-Fog because of that but since I went electric, I haven't worn my No-Fog since. 

Frosty read it on the internet while reading up on the exploding 850’s

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Looking to upgrade the stock shocks on the Cat to help it ride more like the Poo.  Anyone using Fox or Elka coilovers, any big difference?  Frosty?

Have you priced Elka's? :$

55 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Stage 3, about 1k.  I'm good with that.

Just blew out the rear on 2018 renegade---whats the oil in the driveway,not truck,tractor,plow truck.oops. Warranty and all but they are just going to put another screen door closer in.I'm not good with 1K.

9 hours ago, gtserider said:

Just blew out the rear on 2018 renegade---whats the oil in the driveway,not truck,tractor,plow truck.oops. Warranty and all but they are just going to put another screen door closer in.I'm not good with 1K.

Thanks, but that wasn't my question.

13 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Stage 3, about 1k.  I'm good with that.

Is that for a pair or each? If for a pair, I am surprised they are not a lot more? I remember them being quite spendy years ago. 

5 minutes ago, irv said:

Is that for a pair or each? If for a pair, I am surprised they are not a lot more? I remember them being quite spendy years ago. 

Pair.

Don't really like the stock fox air shocks.

https://ca.elkasuspension.com/product/stage-3-front-shocks-for-arctic-cat-xf-8000-limited-2015-2/

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not a bad price at all then. Imo, Fox shox have been overrated for years but I have heard good things about the 3 position Q S3's. 

14 minutes ago, irv said:

Not a bad price at all then. Imo, Fox shox have been overrated for years but I have heard good things about the 3 position Q S3's. 

The QS3 are about 2K, I don't think the Cat can use utilize that kind of improvement.:lol:

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The QS3 are about 2K, I don't think the Cat can use utilize that kind of improvement.:lol:

Ouch!