Polaris 850

Slow Joe

As not to further offend some I will start a new thread on this machine,to those who own one or know a buddy with one what kind of range are they getting on a full tank with gas stops becoming a vanishing quantity its important to have a sled that ranges well,and to that end the oil tank is it good for a couple tanks of fuel?Joe

1 hour ago, Slow Joe said:

As not to further offend some I will start a new thread on this machine,to those who own one or know a buddy with one what kind of range are they getting on a full tank with gas stops becoming a vanishing quantity its important to have a sled that ranges well,and to that end the oil tank is it good for a couple tanks of fuel?Joe

Isn't offending someone part of the FS experience???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slow Joe said:

Where in Renfrew County are you riding?  Fuel is still available in my area....I ride Renfrew County

Not so much in the local area Poncho speaking mostly tops A trial loop Englehart over to the C and down to Sudbury and a swing back east in the past had to stretch it out due to the trail leader getting us lost and doubling back here and there hes old enough I think he is the same guy that got the Louis and Clark expedition in trouble.Joe

25 minutes ago, Sksman said:

A friend of a friend read on the internet that you won’t need gas as they all blow up immediately so better just plan short rides with tilt n loads nearby.

Be nice now lol. Polaris should change their slogan from The Way Out to ride with your friends just in case 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Poncho said:

Where in Renfrew County are you riding?  Fuel is still available in my area....I ride Renfrew County

We have family down in the Rideau lakes area so we do quite a bit of riding south on the 311 and loops up and around to the east then north to Ashton then other times to the west Barrys Bay area loop back snow conditions generally are better that direction.Joe

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Money is currently 50/50 on whether you'll need fuel or crank bearings after 100 miles.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

850 update. My brothers is working good. First ride, no plug issues or exploding engines. We ran from my place in Griffith to Eganvillle then to Golden Lake and on to Barrys Bay for lunch at Ash Grove Inn. Return was the same route. We put on 190 miles. Fuel consumption is a little better then my XCR 800.   For comparison my XCR 800 fuel burn was the same as my old 2010 1200 for those who ask.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Another ride today, no expositions, burn downs or plugs fouling. The 850 is still running, some how....and so is my XCR 800...go figure.....We rode from my place to Eganville for the Vintage Show, afterwards we went to the Sands on Golden Lake for lunch. Tons of sleds. Back via Eganville and Dacre. Great day 170 miles. 

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

Another great sled Blizzard 73, I think 640 triple, Blade what is it???  I'm not sure???  Also, number 51 of 100 made a Formula MX Pro Stock 462. 

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

Probably a 650 triple. Looks like the GR Blizzard for grass drags. Probably owned by Joe Clarke. The Pro Stocker was a purpose built race sled. I'm sure the Karpik Bros helped with the design.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Probably a 650 triple. Looks like the GR Blizzard for grass drags. Probably owned by Joe Clarke. The Pro Stocker was a purpose built race sled. I'm sure the Karpik Bros helped with the design.

You the man!!!