Report: Trump proposals would add $5.3 trillion to debt

Mainecat

Report: Trump proposals would add $5.3 trillion to debt

September 22, 2016

DENVER (AP) — A new analysis from a nonpartisan group finds that Donald Trump's latest tax proposals would increase the federal debt by $5.3 trillion over the next decade, compared with $200 billion if Hillary Clinton's ideas were enacted. The Trump campaign disputed the findings.

The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget looked at Trump's newly revised tax plan as well as other proposals. However, it says its analysis can't be certain of the actual size of Trump's tax plan because his campaign won't spell out how it will treat certain businesses' tax liabilities. The committee took a "mid-range guess" between two estimates provided by the nonpartisan Tax Foundation.

When Trump introduced his economic plan last week, he vowed that his tax cuts would be paid for partly by triggering record economic growth. The committee was skeptical and presumed these steps would generate no new growth. Several economists have projected that Trump's economic agenda — especially his restrictions on immigration and trade — would slow economic growth and possibly cause a recession.

Trump has also proposed a sharp increase in spending on the military and veterans. He has proposed some spending cuts, but the committee calculated they wouldn't come close to balancing the budget.

Trump economic adviser Peter Navarro disputed the analysis, criticizing it for failing to account for the growth he says Trump's policies would release.

"No tax cut would ever make sense from a purely budgetary perspective in a static world," Navarro said. "It's even sillier for this group to ignore the trade, regulatory, and energy policy reforms that provide positive revenue offsets in the trillions of dollars."

The cost of Clinton's plan comes largely from her proposals for free college in some circumstances, child care aid and universal pre-K for 4-year-olds. She proposes paying for them with tax hikes on the rich and businesses.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/report-trump-proposals-add-5-3-trillion-debt-071446262--finance.html

• Platinum Contributing Member

One important reason I support candidates is based on their policy proposals.  What do the forum fiscal conservatives :lol: think about the OP? :lmao: 

I don't get wrapped up in the peripheral reasons to support or not support a candidate as those issues always cut both ways.  Example - their foundations :wacko:

Here's how Sanders would have paid for his proposals.......NOW its very well explained for even morons here.....use the linkys and learn.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/how-bernie-pays-for-his-proposals/

PLEASE NOTE- I supported Sanders with facts.

Edited by Mainecat

30 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Here's how Sanders would have paid for his proposals.......NOW its very well explained for even morons here.....use the linkys and learn.

:lmao: MaineCUNT and Taintrider and their so called FACTS :lol2: 

45 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The guy couldn't even pay for his 3rd house, how was he going to pay for his proposals?

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

The guy couldn't even pay for his 3rd house, how was he going to pay for his proposals?

You read his link, how he was going to pay for it :lol: none of his pipe dreams was ever going to be law 

15 minutes ago, Momorider said:

You read his link, how he was going to pay for it :lol: none of his pipe dreams was ever going to be law 

Just like Trumps/Hillarys plans will look at lot different to get thru congress. These are all just proposals at this point - that's why I chuckle at the economic predictions of huge deficits you see in the media. 

23 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Just like Trumps/Hillarys plans will look at lot different to get thru congress. These are all just proposals at this point - that's why I chuckle at the economic predictions of huge deficits you see in the media. 

Trump had the balls to even say that obviously everything is up for negotiations, the difference is Trumps plan is all positive and Thrillerys is a fucking unmitigated disaster :) 

It's debts vs. deficits.  One can be sorta-kinda taken from the other in a sorta-kinda "book cooking" arrangement...but it all has to go back and be realigned under GAAP sooner or later.  It's how Obama claimed he lowered the deficit by a "oodles and oodles" (technical term :lmao:).  But we never got to hear what happened to the debt to make that so.  Oh well.  O.o

Whoever takes office is gonna be all fucked up.  It's gonna be interesting to see.  It's the one reason I'd like to see Hillary get it.  GOOD LUCK sorting all this shit out.  She'll need to appoint an all new economic accounting staff and fed chairman and retire the current with nice "bennies".  Or, just kill them...either way.  "sorta-kinda"  :lol:

:lol:

And Cappy is right, whatever happens...a lot of money is going to need to be spent again.  Healthcare is gonna grab a lot of it.  Not a bad thing...sort of.

Edited by Zambroski

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's debts vs. deficits.  One can be taken from the other in a "book cooking" arrangment...but it all has to go back and be realigned under GAAP sooner or later.  It's how Obama claimed he lowered the deficit by a "oodles and oodles" (technical term :lmao:).  But we never got to hear what happened to the debt to make that so.  Oh well.  O.o

Whoever takes office is gonna be all fucked up.  It's gonna be interesting to see.  It's the one reason I'd like to see Hillary get it.  GOOD LUCK sorting all this shit out.  She'll need to appoint an all new economic accounting staff and fed chairman and retire the current with nice "bennies".  Or, just kill them...either way.

:lol:

And Cappy is right, whatever happens...a lot of money is going to need to be spent again.  Healthcare is gonna grab a lot of it.  Not a bad thing...sort of.

well i like the idea of spending money on hc..for sure preventive hc...and you know i'm the same on abortion..preventative works and there is less shame and complications...if we are going to go deeper in debt lets do it for the right reasons...and take care of our vets better also.

Make the world a better place for all the kids would make me happy also...yeah i had  few watching the game ..but hey!

Edited by Capt.Storm