"I'm the Bad Father"

• USA Contributing Member

So my kid is 16 and did the permit test, driving class, road driving and the road test was scheduled for this morning.  I went to a local garage earlier this week to get some scheduled maintenance done and reset the "maintenance required" lamp, even found a brake light out and replaced the bulb.  Car is all set, kid studied and is confident........ get down to motor vehicle and get the paperwork all set and they go out to look at the car and do the test and they call me out.  Rear window tint looks too dark, need to have it inspected.  Reschedule the inspection.

Went through the inspection while I was there and sure enough it's too dark. I'll show the kid how to scrape the windows and we can do it tonight.

I bought this 2013 Toyota Corolla in 2015, I actually thought it was factory tint because it looked so clean.  Tint was never questioned.  Took this car for the test because his mom's car is a POS, this car is in real good shape and didn't think it had any issues.

Kid was disappointed but understands.  I was giving him a little bit of a hard time before we left because he didn't have all his paperwork ready after I told him to make sure everything was ready to go a couple nights early.  He's having a good time blaming me.....