Quebec Trip

DeezNutz

Part of what people overlook when comparing Ontario to Quebec is that they often tend to compare the trail conditions in close proximity to Toronto with the conditions in close proximity of Montreal. When they do that they need to take a look at the latitude of Montreal compared to Toronto.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Part of what people overlook when comparing Ontario to Quebec is that they often tend to compare the trail conditions in close proximity to Toronto with the conditions in close proximity of Montreal. When they do that they need to take a look at the latitude of Montreal compared to Toronto.

Montreal's winters are a fair bit colder than TO's.

4 hours ago, irv said:

Is Quebec in better shape, snow wise, compared to us here in Ontario? 

We booked the free wknd in Minawaki. We tried for Mont Laurier but nothing was available. Last year they were rained out and if its rained out again at least there's no cancellation fee

Two Polaris sleds that were owned by a couple of guys I know were stolen out of an enclosed trailer over the weekend.

Make sure all your sleds and vehicles ,are well insured, before starting out on your trip.

Just seen an update and guys were told by a QPP OFFICER THAT A TOTAL OF 12 SLEDS WERE STOLEN near ST. Donat, in one week.

Edited by Frostynuts
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Two Polaris sleds that were owned by a couple of guys I know were stolen out of an enclosed trailer over the weekend.

Make sure all your sleds and vehicles ,are well insured, before starting out on your trip.

Just seen an update and guys were told by a QPP OFFICER THAT A TOTAL OF 12 SLEDS WERE STOLEN near ST. Donat, in one week.

It seems stolen sleds are more of a problem in Quebec than here. Just a perception based on my checking places to go in Quebec and the number of them that feel it necessary to have enclosed and guarded parking for sleds. I have heard of people tying a string from their sleds to their wrists inside their motel rooms. I know sleds are stolen here as well but it seems to be less of a problem.

A couple of seasons ago there was a problem in Muskoka where people were walking up to a sled in the middle of the night and in order to be quiet were just picking it up and walking away to an awaiting truck.

Some may call me paranoid but the trailer is always locked, the coupler locked both when it's parked and attached to the trailer and the draw bar is locked in the truck receiver.

A couple of years in the parking lot at the Coldwater arena a guy loaded up and went to pull out. The hitch pin had been removed and the draw bar pulled out of the truck,

Holy fukk, now that Polaris 850 owners are finally getting a chance to put some miles on their sleds, motors are going down like a whore on crack. The good news is Polaris is shipping out the same new  replacement motors, so guys can get back on the trails and mountains to do it all over again. For anyone with connections into Polaris, is their a limit on the number of replacement engines a person can get over the span covered by the 4 year warranty ? IF you own one of these pieces of shit, DON,T RIDE ALONE !

Well that sucks I was under the impression that Polaris was on the mend as far as their motors were concerned that big time issues were in the past they are a good looking sled and poised to do battle with those pesky yellow machines,when I seen a 4 year engine warranty I took a second look at their sleds and thought possible unit in the future guess the Fusion/Storm D.N.A still around.Joe

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Holy fukk, now that Polaris 850 owners are finally getting a chance to put some miles on their sleds, motors are going down like a whore on crack. The good news is Polaris is shipping out the same new  replacement motors, so guys can get back on the trails and mountains to do it all over again. For anyone with connections into Polaris, is their a limit on the number of replacement engines a person can get over the span covered by the 4 year warranty ? IF you own one of these pieces of shit, DON,T RIDE ALONE !

Are you just referring to the thread in the CE section or do you have other info about them? Not doubting you, I just haven't seen anything other than the CE thread. 

21 minutes ago, irv said:

Are you just referring to the thread in the CE section or do you have other info about them? Not doubting you, I just haven't seen anything other than the CE thread. 

Check out HCS. Even the die hard Polaris guys like Bontz are posting about stuff on facebook re people they know that own them, and they are in fact blowing up motors with very few miles on them.  Polaris and first year motor design doesn,t have a very good track record of hitting a reliability home run, right out of the gate. 4 year warranty doesn,t mean much, if you cann,t trust how far you can go, and return back to the trailer, under your own power. 

24 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Check out HCS. Even the die hard Polaris guys like Bontz are posting about stuff on facebook re people they know that own them, and they are in fact blowing up motors with very few miles on them.  Polaris and first year motor design doesn,t have a very good track record of hitting a reliability home run, right out of the gate. 4 year warranty doesn,t mean much, if you cann,t trust how far you can go, and return back to the trailer, under your own power. 

I always said an Arctic Cat would be the last sled I'd ever purchase but that definitely changed a few years ago when these Polaris engine issues starting popping up. Makes one really wonder what the hell is going on over at Polaris when they haven't put out a reliable engine in years! :flush: I feel for peeps who have these problems, especially on a brand new sled, but at the same time, there is tons of info out there about them that is readily available to read before popping down some serious coin on one.  

• Like 1

You only hear the bad stuff. There is a pile riding have no issues. Fucking idiotd that don't even ride snowmobiles seems extra concerned about it. Frostyfag see if you can find another 5 forums with the same issues. Friend just got back from Quebec and has 1000 miles on hers now. 

Hey Reevester, believe whatever you want. When several die hard Poolaris fan boys are posting that these 850 engines are junk, might be time for you to start believing it. I do ride, and am brand loyal to zero brands, of any kind. However, I am smart enough to recognize junk when I see it happening first hand. It,s not IF, but when.

17 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey Reevester, believe whatever you want. When several die hard Poolaris fan boys are posting that these 850 engines are junk, might be time for you to start believing it. I do ride, and am brand loyal to zero brands, of any kind. However, I am smart enough to recognize junk when I see it happening first hand. It,s not IF, but when.

I'm an arctic cat fan boi I can assure you they are the absolute worst junk and you dont hear about them and yams breaking because the market share is about 3%. 

You aren't seeing anything firsthand because you dont ride. Sign up and troll the polaris Facebook and see the several hundred post a day of guys riding and loving them. 

13 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I'm an arctic cat fan boi I can assure you they are the absolute worst junk and you dont hear about them and yams breaking because the market share is about 3%. 

You aren't seeing anything firsthand because you dont ride. Sign up and troll the polaris Facebook and see the several hundred post a day of guys riding and loving them. 

Buddy of mine just got back from qc 1100 miles on his 850 no issues :dunno: he'd be the first to dump it.  

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

You only hear the bad stuff. There is a pile riding have no issues. Fucking idiotd that don't even ride snowmobiles seems extra concerned about it. Frostyfag see if you can find another 5 forums with the same issues. Friend just got back from Quebec and has 1000 miles on hers now. 

That always seems to be the case.  Frosty is waiting for a sled with a lifetime warranty before he shells out for a new one, and would still talk himself out of it.:lol: 

1 hour ago, irv said:

I always said an Arctic Cat would be the last sled I'd ever purchase but that definitely changed a few years ago when these Polaris engine issues starting popping up. Makes one really wonder what the hell is going on over at Polaris when they haven't put out a reliable engine in years! :flush: I feel for peeps who have these problems, especially on a brand new sled, but at the same time, there is tons of info out there about them that is readily available to read before popping down some serious coin on one.  

Prior to the AXYS 800, I would not have touched a 800 Poo sled or even a 600 built before 2013.  The 800 Cat is was pretty solid and that why I bought that, zero issues with mine, but there isn't a ton of miles on it either.  The 800 Poo's from 2015 have been great machines and the new chassis is awesome.  If the new 850 turns out to be shit and I really don't think so then Doo Etec or the new turbo might be my next sled.  Gotta pay to play. 

23 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What are we looking for?  Where is the date?

Oh I have no idea some guys are extra concerned with it. Saying it's all early builds. Well I know of 1 that's a late build. 

On the right hand side of tunnels. Motors seem to be all made early so it makes zero sense. 

Just check all the oil lines and in particular the PTO bearing one behind the primary.

8 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

You might want to update your current sled info, so nobody gets confused on which team you,re waving your pom poms for.

And don,t forget to wear some comfortable walking boots, while riding.

Derp derp derp fucking retard. Thanks for hoping I walk home. 

3 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Sounds like you are 10 years old. You should be able to make it out ok.

You sound like a fucking retard that knows nothing about snowmobiles and just a eats up every little bit of shit he reads on the internet. 

• Haha 1