Fireball's official old Ford Truck Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, HSR said:

I hope Fireball is doing OK,the last time he was on here he wasn't in a good place mentally. 

X2…If I’m not mistaken his wife was struggling with Covid as well.

15 minutes ago, HSR said:

I hope Fireball is doing OK,the last time he was on here he wasn't in a good place mentally. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

X2…If I’m not mistaken his wife was struggling with Covid as well.

He posted over in the Minnesota forum a couple weeks ago.

• Like 1

• USA Contributing Member
On 12/1/2018 at 3:19 PM, steve from amherst said:

Don't have a pic of my 97 but was the same as this.

97.jpg

I have this sitting out in my driveway right now.  Now I know what it looks like with the mirrors “turned out”.

loosing it to corrosion and high mileage, still use it to get my sled up to Vt and back. Gonna miss it when I have to let it go. 

48 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

I have this sitting out in my driveway right now.  Now I know what it looks like with the mirrors “turned out”.

loosing it to corrosion and high mileage, still use it to get my sled up to Vt and back. Gonna miss it when I have to let it go. 

this is actually it That is what it looked like with 186,000 on it.

97 250.jpg

Edited by steve from amherst
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve been debating for a year now over what motor to put in my flareside. I’m not sure if this is the right way to go but I made a deal to buy a 460 and C6. Both are in a truck owned by a friend of a friend. 78 motor all stock. 87 C6 from a van. Truck has seen some mud in a 4x4 so hope to check out the bearings when changing the pan.

76A7BE1E-1C14-4568-857A-74976A891FD6.thumb.jpeg.b529b60f4b82f58dae6b2d761b252905.jpeg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I’ve been debating for a year now over what motor to put in my flareside. I’m not sure if this is the right way to go but I made a deal to buy a 460 and C6. Both are in a truck owned by a friend of a friend. 78 motor all stock. 87 C6 from a van. Truck has seen some mud in a 4x4 so hope to check out the bearings when changing the pan.

76A7BE1E-1C14-4568-857A-74976A891FD6.thumb.jpeg.b529b60f4b82f58dae6b2d761b252905.jpeg

Beauty truck :bc:  

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

New Godzilla 

2 hours ago, ACE said:

New Godzilla 

I would love to. I'd settle for a Coyote. Hell, I wanted to do a 408 stroker. But I have a budget unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I would love to. I'd settle for a Coyote. Hell, I wanted to do a 408 stroker. But I have a budget unfortunately.

Yeah me personally would be dreaming of old school muscle under the hood. Buddy of mine replace the straight 6 in his early 80's F-250 with a 351 Cleveland done up a bit back in the day. Was a cool truck. 

• 2 months later...

You would think an ‘08 would be that dated but the truck didn’t come with Bluetooth. Added an Alpine double din head unit to fix that. Also added a tailgate handle with rear view camera. Wired it to one of the upfitter switches so I can turn it on when I want. Retained my steer wheel controls,  added SiriusXM module and the sound works with the factory sub. Everything plug and play with matching connectors to factory. Amazing what they have available these days…..lol

A wash and a wax and moved it out of the shop for the next project.

982E60CB-D1C7-4783-A6C5-0EC3DDCD1467.thumb.jpeg.0bcf67a551d5cc257203ebc0033ded20.jpeg

Debating what to do with those tires. They just look too small. 275/65/20’s

Previous owner did a 2.5 inch level/lift with new coils upfront and a 1 inch block added in back under the factory block. I don’t like stacked blocks but I could easy cure that with blocks from a 350. Ride up front is a bit stiff compared to my other trucks. 
Need to figure out what can be done with the heated seats too. The only have on/off and it burns your ass after 10 minutes.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

You would think an ‘08 would be that dated but the truck didn’t come with Bluetooth. Added an Alpine double din head unit to fix that. Also added a tailgate handle with rear view camera. Wired it to one of the upfitter switches so I can turn it on when I want. Retained my steer wheel controls,  added SiriusXM module and the sound works with the factory sub. Everything plug and play with matching connectors to factory. Amazing what they have available these days…..lol

A wash and a wax and moved it out of the shop for the next project.

982E60CB-D1C7-4783-A6C5-0EC3DDCD1467.thumb.jpeg.0bcf67a551d5cc257203ebc0033ded20.jpeg

Debating what to do with those tires. They just look too small. 275/65/20’s

Previous owner did a 2.5 inch level/lift with new coils upfront and a 1 inch block added in back under the factory block. I don’t like stacked blocks but I could easy cure that with blocks from a 350. Ride up front is a bit stiff compared to my other trucks. 
Need to figure out what can be done with the heated seats too. The only have on/off and it burns your ass after 10 minutes.

Very nice. Are the deletes all done to it?

30 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Very nice. Are the deletes all done to it?

Ya, Egr and DPF. Previous owner had it done at a shop right after he bought it.

Only problem is he didn't buy a programmer. He just had the shop load in a tune for the deletes with a big hp tow set up.

Its got big jump off the line and she'll puff black smoke anytime you go a bit extra.

And it has an annoying trans shift at 55mph. Upshifts and downshifts on speed, not throttle position so when you try to drive 55 it is constantly up and down, up and down, etc.

I have to go see my buddy who owns a Ford Superduty repair shop and see if he can restore it to stock then put a programmer on it.

I've done some reading and most of the programmers on the market now don't handle the deletes. You have to go to aftermarket tune suppliers. Sounds messy.

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After 14 years working together, my ‘07 F250 is leaving me. After finding a crack in the coolant tank I realized there was diesel fuel in the coolant. Off to my mechanic who says it’s at the least a leaking injector cup but more likely a cracked head. He says run it until it dies, it’s not worth fixing at this stage. She just turned 400k kms and 9000 hrs. I was hoping she’d go another 2 years.

So I’m on the hunt for replacement, thinking ‘06-07 6.0 Crew so I can reuse the flat deck and plow harness. Only plowing a few driveways now since I gave up my commercial accounts. Hopefully something reasonably clean so I can park my others trucks for the winter and use it to pull my sled trailer (will need to be clean enough for the wife to ride in). 

IMG_1833.thumb.jpeg.7bca573fa356fa358202e16569ee584f.jpeg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1