GM to close Oshawa Operations.

irv

Just now, 02sled said:

What do you want him to do Fail? Other than ensure they have easy access to provincial services such as retraining and financial assistance. What part of GM is closing and there is nothing that can be done to change that don't you understand. The decision has been made as part of a GLOBAL restructure. The province or the feds aren't going to change that.

so far he has asked Trudeau to fix it, he refused to speak with the Union about any concerns, he told the world he was going to do nothing.

If you are happy with that type of Government then fine, I hope Trudeau helps out and solves Doug's problems like he asked him to do.

I don't think waving the white flag in the first minute is what a government for the people should be doing.  Stop confusing ordering GM to stay open with helping the workers in Oshawa.

REMEMBER ITS YOU THAT SAYS GOVERNMENTS CREATE JOBS -  how is Doug panning out?

21 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

so far he has asked Trudeau to fix it, he refused to speak with the Union about any concerns, he told the world he was going to do nothing.

If you are happy with that type of Government then fine, I hope Trudeau helps out and solves Doug's problems like he asked him to do.

I don't think waving the white flag in the first minute is what a government for the people should be doing.  Stop confusing ordering GM to stay open with helping the workers in Oshawa.

REMEMBER ITS YOU THAT SAYS GOVERNMENTS CREATE JOBS -  how is Doug panning out?

Again Fail... what would you like Doug to do? It is a corporation with a global presence. They made a decision and it's not changing. So come on Fail... don't evade the question. You keep saying the province should be doing much more. What would you suggest they would have done? Don't forget Doug did contact GM and was told the decision has been made, it is final and will not change. GM gave the union the courtesy of sitting through their presentation of why the plant should stay open but in the end nothing changed.

So let's have your pearls of wisdom. What should the province be doing that they haven't already done or are doing.

AND AS USUAL YOUR TWISTED MIND TWISTS WHAT PEOPLE SAY. I NEVER SAID GOVERNMENT CREATES PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS. I DID SAY THEY CREATE A BUSINESS FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT THAT ENCOURAGES BUSINESS GROWTH WHICH IN TURN PROVIDES AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE PRIVATE BUSINESS TO CREATE JOBS.

Edited by 02sled

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

Again Fail... what would you like Doug to do? It is a corporation with a global presence. They made a decision and it's not changing. So come on Fail... don't evade the question. You keep saying the province should be doing much more. What would you suggest they would have done? Don't forget Doug did contact GM and was told the decision has been made, it is final and will not change. GM gave the union the courtesy of sitting through their presentation of why the plant should stay open but in the end nothing changed.

So let's have your pearls of wisdom. What should the province be doing that they haven't already done or are doing.

NOTHING

I Think all governments should do NOTHING, wave the flag, tell the employees too fucking bad in a public forum, get a fucking education if you want a job.

or 

ACT LIKE A LEADER FOR THE PEOPLE - get in talks with other auto makers - maybe Tesla?  oh no wait Doug already chased Them away.    Na forget that just say nothing and do nothing the RIGHT WILL LOVE IT 

I know your choice as you cheer flag waving SloganMan - How you can defend flag waving is beyond stupid 

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

NOTHING

I Think all governments should do NOTHING, wave the flag, tell the employees too fucking bad in a public forum, get a fucking education if you want a job.

or 

ACT LIKE A LEADER FOR THE PEOPLE - get in talks with other auto makers - maybe Tesla?  oh no wait Doug already chased Them away.    Na forget that just say nothing and do nothing the RIGHT WILL LOVE IT 

I know your choice as you cheer flag waving SloganMan - How you can defend flag waving is beyond stupid 

Stupid stupid Fail... do you think before you put your fingers in motion. Talks with other auto makers. Yeah that's right, tell GM that since they are closing down the Oshawa plant that they HAVE to sell the property that they OWN to another auto maker because the province says so. You really are out of touch with reality.

The auto industry is and is going to be working through a drastic evolution in the not too distant future. Electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles, the demise of the coupe and sedan, will see fewer model being made so fewer unique assembly lines/plants required.

Edited by 02sled

5 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Stupid stupid Fail... do you think before you put your fingers in motion. Talks with other auto makers. Yeah that's right, tell GM that since they are closing down the Oshawa plant that they HAVE to sell the property that they OWN to another auto maker because the province says so. You really are out of touch with reality.

It is clear you wave the flag, you can't come up with one idea for what a government could do to help the Town of Oshawa.   

What does it feel like to not have one idea?  tell us how YOUR government is creating an environment for business :dunno:  seems he is doing the opposite.

Happy to wave the Flag and stand proudly behind DOUG

Edited by 1trailmaker

13 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

NOTHING

or 

Fuck Tesla.

Tesla supercharger blocked
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

It is clear you wave the flag, you can't come up with one idea for what a government could do to help the Town of Oshawa.   

What does it feel like to not have one idea?  tell us how YOUR government is creating an environment for business :dunno:  seems he is doing the opposite.

Happy to wave the Flag and stand proudly behind DOUG

You say I can't come up with an idea to save the plant. Where is your master stroke of genius Fail... oh that's right you don't have one. Not a single idea that would be even worth a mention other than the province should tell GM to sell THEIR PRIVATE PROPERTY to their competitors.

9 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You say I can't come up with an idea to save the plant. Where is your master stroke of genius Fail... oh that's right you don't have one. Not a single idea that would be even worth a mention other than the province should tell GM to sell THEIR PRIVATE PROPERTY to their competitors.

I am okay with NOTHING being DONE wave the flag and move backwards under DOUG. 

Sure glad GM is going to work with the employees, pay for education, FEDs to increase IE, Union to look for a future and DOUG TO DO NOTHING but bash the Union and its workers.  

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Sure glad GM is going to work with the employees, pay for education, FEDs to increase IE, Union to look for a future and DOUG TO DO NOTHING but bash the Union and its workers.  

What's Fagmeat saying?:lol:

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Hmm... EI is a federal program so nothing for the province to do there. GM is doing like just about every other large corp and providing assistance with placement, counseling and education, as will the provincial programs already in place assist with education and placement.

Again... WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THE PROVINCE TO DO. The question has been asked over and over and yet you still refuse to come up with an answer of what you want them to do.

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Hmm... EI is a federal program so nothing for the province to do there. GM is doing like just about every other large corp and providing assistance with placement, counseling and education, as will the provincial programs already in place assist with education and placement.

Again... WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THE PROVINCE TO DO. The question has been asked over and over and yet you still refuse to come up with an answer of what you want them to do.

already said NOTHING was good and what they got from DOUG 

what is so hard to understand 

P.S. can you link to these Provincial programs already put in place by other ONTARIO LEADERS?  I will wait for them

21 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

already said NOTHING was good and what they got from DOUG 

what is so hard to understand 

P.S. can you link to these Provincial programs already put in place by other ONTARIO LEADERS?  I will wait for them

https://www.ontario.ca/page/employment-ontario

Have at it Fail... there is support and assistance for retraining and more. This is just one. Too bad you can't figure it out. Okay this is a large number of people at one time from one employer. Reality though... what makes them entitled to special treatment that isn't available to any other person in the province? Other companies have had large employee impacts. What about the employees of Zellers when they shut down, thousands unemployed, Target and Sears. Did they get any special treatment? But GM employees are special in your mind???

24 minutes ago, 02sled said:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/employment-ontario

Have at it Fail... there is support and assistance for retraining and more. This is just one. Too bad you can't figure it out. Okay this is a large number of people at one time from one employer. Reality though... what makes them entitled to special treatment that isn't available to any other person in the province? Other companies have had large employee impacts. What about the employees of Zellers when they shut down, thousands unemployed, Target and Sears. Did they get any special treatment? But GM employees are special in your mind???

Thanks for posting what other Leaders have done for workers, nothing from Doug? :dunno: 

Yes GM is much different than a min wage job. but on that note you cheered Target at the time and blamed Wynne - so lets go that route again :dunno: 

such an ass

Meeting an advisor

Advisors with the Adjustment Advisory Program work in the following 10 cities:

• Sudbury
  • Sault Ste Marie
  • Misssissauga
  • Hamilton
  • Waterloo
  • Barrie
  • Toronto
  • Ottawa
  • Belleville
  • Sarnia
Edited by 1trailmaker

23 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Thanks for posting what other Leaders have done for workers, nothing from Doug? :dunno: 

Yes GM is much different than a min wage job. but on that note you cheered Target at the time and blamed Wynne - so lets go that route again :dunno: 

such an ass

Meeting an advisor

Advisors with the Adjustment Advisory Program work in the following 10 cities:

• Sudbury
  • Sault Ste Marie
  • Misssissauga
  • Hamilton
  • Waterloo
  • Barrie
  • Toronto
  • Ottawa
  • Belleville
  • Sarnia

Why should GM get preferential treatment?  Is the line work at GM more skilled than Zellers or the others?:lol:

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Why should GM get preferential treatment?  Is the line work at GM more skilled than Zellers or the others?:lol:

GM is giving people the chance to work within GM - ONTARIO ISN"T DOING SQUAT other than use it for CARBON TAX political gain.... 

I think everyone is aware GM had much to do with City of Oshawa success - this isn't a taget store - This is thousands of families losing benefits and high wages, both are hard to find in a job specially in small towns like Oshawa 

Wave the Flag and move on 

such an ass

Why do you insist on proving you're a moron over and over? Other leaders have done for workers? More Fail stupidity. There always have been provincial programs in place. Do you really expect the province to jump up and make wholesale changes to those programs just for the SPECIAL GM employees. Mainly the assembly line people.

I cheered Target. Boy are you deranged. Take a few days off the pot to straighten your head out. What I did say about Target is that they misjudged the Canadian market assuming it was the same as the American market. They also had supply chain problems with lots of empty shelves.

Let's add Retail to the Fail expertise list along with Finance. I recall your adamant stance that the CEO of RBC was wrong on foreign investment and you knew better. Just one of your expert opinions.

GM is giving people the chance to work within GM - ONTARIO ISN"T DOING SQUAT other than use it for CARBON TAX political gain.... 

I think everyone is aware GM had much to do with City of Oshawa success - this isn't a taget store - This is thousands of families losing benefits and high wages, both are hard to find in a job specially in small towns like Oshawa 

Wow... just wow. Again Fail you have never had any understanding of business and never will. GM is giving people the chance to work within GM. Nothing new for business. Quite typical in fact that displaced workers can apply for other jobs within the company and get preference over external applicants. Pretty standard but you make it seem like something huge.

Give it a rest Fail. If not mistaken the GM plant closure is about 2000 employees. An impact to the people in Oshawa for sure. When Sears shut down it impacted about 25,000 employees. I believe the catalogue distribution centre in Belleville impacted 1500+ in a small town. Then there was the distribution centre in Bolton and all the stores in Ontario with most of them having over 100 employees each.

Where were you to demand that Wynnebag make special considerations for those people.

16 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Why do you insist on proving you're a moron over and over? Other leaders have done for workers? More Fail stupidity. There always have been provincial programs in place. Do you really expect the province to jump up and make wholesale changes to those programs just for the SPECIAL GM employees. Mainly the assembly line people.

I cheered Target. Boy are you deranged. Take a few days off the pot to straighten your head out. What I did say about Target is that they misjudged the Canadian market assuming it was the same as the American market. They also had supply chain problems with lots of empty shelves.

Let's add Retail to the Fail expertise list along with Finance. I recall your adamant stance that the CEO of RBC was wrong on foreign investment and you knew better. Just one of your expert opinions.

Wow... just wow. Again Fail you have never had any understanding of business and never will. GM is giving people the chance to work within GM. Nothing new for business. Quite typical in fact that displaced workers can apply for other jobs within the company and get preference over external applicants. Pretty standard but you make it seem like something huge.

Give it a rest Fail. If not mistaken the GM plant closure is about 2000 employees. An impact to the people in Oshawa for sure. When Sears shut down it impacted about 25,000 employees. I believe the catalogue distribution centre in Belleville impacted 1500+ in a small town. Then there was the distribution centre in Bolton and all the stores in Ontario with most of them having over 100 employees each.

Where were you to demand that Wynnebag make special considerations for those people.

what a wind storm that was :lol: 

When CAT took our money then ended up leaving, you cheered blah blah Wynne's fault blah blah 

Where was this common help for the employees from CAT  :dunno:  

Good for GM stepping up, good for the Union to keep talking about jobs,  Doug not so good

And I wasn't happy about SEARS as you defended them ripping off the employees .

Wynne did nothing I agree

Since supporting the 2016 motion, Wynne has done nothing — letting down workers whose pensions are in jeopardy, like Sears Canada staff and former staff, and Stelco employees in Hamilton.

Today, Sears Canada is filing a petition to terminate its vastly underfunded pension plan, leaving thousands at risk of losing their pensions. Earlier this year, Sears Canada filed for creditor protection and began the process of closing stores and liquidating assets. So far 59 locations have been closed and nearly 3,000 jobs have been lost.

“Last year, Wynne and her Liberals supported my motion to protect pensioners by prioritizing them during bankruptcy proceedings. Now she saying ‘there isn’t a role for government’,” said French. “Hardworking Ontarians deserve to know why the premier thinks pensioners should be left to fend for themselves after spending their whole working lives earning those pensions.”

“No worker in Ontario should be forced to wonder whether their pension will be there when they retire. Executives, big corporations and foreign creditors can wait – Ontario workers should get every penny of what is owed to them,” said Horwath.

4 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Once upon a time in a land far far away would GM or any of the domestics be responsible for the local community development.

36 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

what a wind storm that was :lol: 

When CAT took our money then ended up leaving, you cheered blah blah Wynne's fault blah blah 

Where was this common help for the employees from CAT  :dunno:  

Good for GM stepping up, good for the Union to keep talking about jobs,  Doug not so good

And I wasn't happy about SEARS as you defended them ripping off the employees .

Wynne did nothing I agree

Since supporting the 2016 motion, Wynne has done nothing — letting down workers whose pensions are in jeopardy, like Sears Canada staff and former staff, and Stelco employees in Hamilton.

Today, Sears Canada is filing a petition to terminate its vastly underfunded pension plan, leaving thousands at risk of losing their pensions. Earlier this year, Sears Canada filed for creditor protection and began the process of closing stores and liquidating assets. So far 59 locations have been closed and nearly 3,000 jobs have been lost.

“Last year, Wynne and her Liberals supported my motion to protect pensioners by prioritizing them during bankruptcy proceedings. Now she saying ‘there isn’t a role for government’,” said French. “Hardworking Ontarians deserve to know why the premier thinks pensioners should be left to fend for themselves after spending their whole working lives earning those pensions.”

“No worker in Ontario should be forced to wonder whether their pension will be there when they retire. Executives, big corporations and foreign creditors can wait – Ontario workers should get every penny of what is owed to them,” said Horwath.

Why I prefer my own pension.  Would have scraped the wife's if I could but still on track to surpass it for her.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it isn't looking good...  

I hope the property gets sold quickly and something good moves in.  Either way many people/families will be fucked in  just 11 months.

Mom Dad have 3 kids both lose job next christmas 120k plus bennies isn't easy to replace when you have 1000's of others looking for the same thing. 

sad

8 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Well it isn't looking good...  

I hope the property gets sold quickly and something good moves in.  Either way many people/families will be fucked in  just 11 months.

Mom Dad have 3 kids both lose job next christmas 120k plus bennies isn't easy to replace when you have 1000's of others looking for the same thing. 

sad

I can hear the fat lady singing on this one.

The Hate for Workers (unionized) is running rampant today on social media,  most of the Haters (RIGHT CONS) are quite happy to back GM and bash every single employee as untrained over paid lazy unionized worker.  here is a quote " if you lose your home too fucking bad maybe you should have gone to school instead of being a over paid lazy GM worker"  This person and anyone that agrees hasn't a clue about assembly work,  YOU CAN'T SLOW DOWN YOU FUCKING IDIOTS

oH It is also Trudeau's fault

Doug is the Best is also being spewed 

Pathetic what social media has become - Even more so the hate people have for other workers is amazing 

12 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

The Hate for Workers (unionized) is running rampant today on social media,  most of the Haters (RIGHT CONS) are quite happy to back GM and bash every single employee as untrained over paid lazy unionized worker.  here is a quote " if you lose your home too fucking bad maybe you should have gone to school instead of being a over paid lazy GM worker"  This person and anyone that agrees hasn't a clue about assembly work,  YOU CAN'T SLOW DOWN YOU FUCKING IDIOTS

oH It is also Trudeau's fault

Doug is the Best is also being spewed 

Pathetic what social media has become - Even more so the hate people have for other workers is amazing 

Why even bother to waste your time with social media?

It's over on this one.  The only people I don't give a shit about are the union heads.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Why even bother to waste your time with social media?

It's over on this one.  The only people I don't give a shit about are the union heads.

This is social media :lol: 

Anyway I don't reply to their dumb comments, I save that for here where dumb is the norm  :lol: 

It is also amazing how anything wrong with Ontario is Trudeau's fault since Wynne is gone - FREE PASS FOR THE RIGHT is the norm for haters......

lol BIL was snapping about the Democrats and their shutdown, how poorly Trump is treated :lol:  I said nothing 

98% of all Heroine comes across open borders :lol: Donny said so, so its true