GM to close Oshawa Operations.

irv

Just seen this on CP24. Hopefully just a rumor but I know they just had a big package offered to full time employees with 20 years +.

Very sad if true. I know many people who work there. My wife is one of them.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/gm-closing-all-operations-in-oshawa-ont-sources-1.4191935

Edited by irv

23 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Go Doug

Sorry to hear IRV I don't see it happening

I don't know if you can blame this on anyone? The Libs in power with the huge Hydro rates didn't help much though! My wife said they had no product past 2020 and usually there was a big announcement by now what they were going to build. The trucks coming from the U.S. was only a temporary thing until they got their assembly plants in the states up to snuff. The Impala is pretty much dead as no one nowhere is buying cars anymore. I am not sure if this can be saved, but with Trudeau running the ship, we don't stand a chance!

12 minutes ago, irv said:

I don't know if you can blame this on anyone? The Libs in power with the huge Hydro rates didn't help much though! My wife said they had no product past 2020 and usually there was a big announcement by now what they were going to build. The trucks coming from the U.S. was only a temporary thing until they got their assembly plants in the states up to snuff. The Impala is pretty much dead as no one nowhere is buying cars anymore. I am not sure if this can be saved, but with Trudeau running the ship, we don't stand a chance!

Doug is running the ship

Trudeau has nothing to do with this

Doug either does something about it or like I am sure he will do nothing and just blame Wynne and Trudeau.   Not great leadership qualities in Doug.

So time will tell what Ontario's plan is.  Can't wait to hear it.

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

Doug is running the ship

Doug either does something about it or like I am sure he will do nothing and just blame Wynne and Trudeau.   Not great leadership qualities in Doug.

This has nothing to do with Doug, and he is a far better leader, so far, than Trudope and Wynne put together. My point with Trudeau is he is too weak and inept to stop this or to try to stop this. This should be a huge concern to him but he'll likely just show up outside the Oshawa plant, if even that, then take a selfie. My god, I can't believe you are actually defending the incompetent POS. I have never seen the likes of leadership like him in all my life! Stupid as stump and he is with no smarts whatsoever how to run this country. Morneau and the rest are a bunch of imbeciles as well. We are doomed with him in power, plain and simple, and I voted for him! :wall:

2 minutes ago, irv said:

This has nothing to do with Doug, and he is a far better leader, so far, than Trudope and Wynne put together. My point with Trudeau is he is too weak and inept to stop this or to try to stop this. This should be a huge concern to him but he'll likely just show up outside the Oshawa plant, if even that, then take a selfie. My god, I can't believe you are actually defending the incompetent POS. I have never seen the likes of leadership like him in all my life! Stupid as stump and he is with no smarts whatsoever how to run this country. Morneau and the rest are a bunch of imbeciles as well. We are doomed with him in power, plain and simple, and I voted for him! :wall:

Okay you should like Doug's up coming plan as its the same as yours, blame Trudeau.

Considering this just came out i think we should wait ans see what happens,  you are okay with Doug doing nothing so that is covered.  Lets wait for Trudeau to run Ontario for us is your answer.

I still hope it works out for you and your wife..

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Okay you should like Doug's up coming plan as its the same as yours, blame Trudeau.

Considering this just came out i think we should wait ans see what happens,  you are okay with Doug doing nothing so that is covered.  Lets wait for Trudeau to run Ontario for us is your answer.

I appreciate that, but I don't think this is Doug's job to clean this up. The most he can do, with the Liberal Hydro fiasco, is offer cheaper rates but Trudeau, like a good leader would, should try his best to stop this. How much money did he send to Bombardier and why didn't the Provincial Gov't there bail them out like you think Doug should here?https://globalnews.ca/news/3346938/trudeau-bombardier-aid-executives/ Another Fuck up from trudeau. All the execs got rich and that's about it. My god man, open your eyes. 

8 minutes ago, irv said:

I appreciate that, but I don't think this is Doug's job to clean this up. The most he can do, with the Liberal Hydro fiasco, is offer cheaper rates but Trudeau, like a good leader would, should try his best to stop this. How much money did he send to Bombardier and why didn't the Provincial Gov't there bail them out like you think Doug should here?https://globalnews.ca/news/3346938/trudeau-bombardier-aid-executives/ Another Fuck up from trudeau. All the execs got rich and that's about it. My god man, open your eyes. 

Its only news when its Trudeau it seems, Bombardier has been getting money for decades ALL BEFORE TRUDEAU.  They employ alot of people so like all governments do is give money to billionaires and their companies.  Happens everyday.

You should be calling Doug and asking him what he is going to do, he will say nothing we have no money,Wynne, Trudeau, thanks for your support.

Taxpayers loaned about $543.8 million of that $1.3 billion total in the past 20 years, between April 1995 and February 2016, Industry Canada says.

In that same time period, the feds have also given Bombardier $46.2 million in “non-repayable contributions.”

45 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

fuck dude you are a complete idiot, the man has only been in power for a couple mths, how the fuck do you think this is doug's fault

Edited by toslow
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, toslow said:

fuck dude you are a complete idiot, the man has only been in power for a couple mths, how the fuck do you think this is doug's fault

I posted "Go Doug" because AC does it every post, and the crowd goes wild.

I didn't blame Wynne when CAT left (you guys did) and I don't blame Doug if GM leaves. 

I want to hear Doug's response, how about you?

8 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

I posted "Go Doug" because AC does it every post, and the crowd goes wild.

I didn't blame Wynne when CAT left (you guys did) and I don't blame Doug if GM leaves. 

I want to hear Doug's response, how about you?

Doug hasn't and won't hurt Ontario's competitiveness, that's all on Wynnebag and co.  Actions have consequences.  Go Doug.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Go Doug

Sorry to hear IRV I don't see it happening

You will never ever if you live to 500 be able to grasp the workings of business. Doug was sworn in at the end of June and brought the legislature back to work on July 11th. They have been working at turning around Wynnebags screw-ups for just over 4 months.

Only you could be stupid enough to think GM would make a decision like this in that 4 months time. Reports are GM is undergoing a restructure globally. Yup somebody at GM sits down and plans that out over the weekend. This would have been in motion LONG ago while they were still looking at Wynnebags Ontario and saw a lousy unfriendly business environment and that environment doing nothing but getting worse.

11 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Doug is running the ship

What do you think Doug could do at this point... more Fail stupidity. GM has made a business decision as part of a global restructure. You really think there is anything that could be done that would send them back to the drawing board to change that entire global plan? Duh!

11 hours ago, irv said:

Birds of a feather flock together.... of course Fail loves Trudope.

My niece was just on CP24. Sounds like the workers are walking off the job. She is pissed and I don't blame her one bit. This is far reaching beyond having family and friends in there.  Thanks Libs. You are a big reason behind this! 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Doug hasn't and won't hurt Ontario's competitiveness, that's all on Wynnebag and co.  Actions have consequences.  Go Doug.

Wynne is gone try to keep up ONEWAY.

So you don't expect any response from Ontario's Leader?  how lame is that

47 minutes ago, 02sled said:

What do you think Doug could do at this point... more Fail stupidity. GM has made a business decision as part of a global restructure. You really think there is anything that could be done that would send them back to the drawing board to change that entire global plan? Duh!

Like I said Doug will blame everyone and do nothing to help the situation.  So you are right Doug will not do a dam thing.  Cheer away

I hope he does something, you hope he doesn't.

Yes I think there is plenty that can be done.  While you say CAVE ITS OVER NOTHING CAN BE DONE...  Just like NAFTA please CAVE Trudeau DON IS MAD CAVE CAVE CAVE.

We sure hear this alot lately

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Like I said Doug will blame everyone and do nothing to help the situation.  So you are right Doug will not do a dam thing.  Cheer away

Yes I think there is plenty that can be done.  While you say CAVE ITS OVER NOTHING CAN BE DONE...  Just like NAFTA please CAVE Trudeau DON IS MAD CAVE CAVE CAVE.

Like I said previously, this has absolutely nothing to do with Ford. This is all on Mcliar. Wynne and Trudope driving businesses out of Ontario with high Hydro rates and carbon taxes. How in the hell can anyone compete in this province with costs that making doing so almost impossible. I knew you'd deflect again and try to blame Ford but you must be real stupid if you don't think the Liberals are a big part of the reason why this is happening. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, irv said:

Like I said previously, this has absolutely nothing to do with Ford. This is all on Mcliar. Wynne and Trudope driving businesses out of Ontario with high Hydro rates and carbon taxes. How in the hell can anyone compete in this province with costs that making doing so almost impossible. I knew you'd deflect again and try to blame Ford but you must be real stupid if you don't think the Liberals are a big part of the reason why this is happening. 

I still hope something is done but according to you its over.  No one here is going to back the workers of GM they all want them fired anyway.  Lazy overpaid workers.  Usually UNIONS are to blame but today we its Trudeau out of convenience.  If you think ONtario should do nothing then you deserve what you get its pretty simple.

No one here cares about your overpaid Union jobs IRV (except me) 

carry on the blame game and bashing me, you are fitting the name NEWONEWAY 

Edited by 1trailmaker

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I still hope something is done but according to you its over.  No one here is going to back the workers of GM they all want them fired anyway.  Lazy overpaid workers.  Usually UNIONS are to blame but today we its Trudeau out of convenience.  If you think ONtario should do nothing then you deserve what you get its pretty simple.

No one here cares about your overpaid Union jobs IRV (except me) 

carry on the blame game and bashing me, you are fitting the name NEWONEWAY 

Well, its official trail, GM Oshawa will close the end of 2019. :sad:

12 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Don't worry Andrew will use your Wife for Political gain, it won't help you but it might help him.  So I guess this could be a win for you  :thumbsup: 

Anything to get the inept, incompetent, stupid dolt out quickly is OK by me! I may regret it later if Sheer gets in but I doubt it will be to the magnitude I feel for voting for Trudope!

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

How stupid can you possibly be? Only a complete moron would think that Ontario could do anything to alter GM's GLOBAL RESTRUCTURING PLAN. Pay attention idiot... this is part of a global restructure plan for GM.... what part of global don't you understand? Dumb as a stump!!!! No matter what Ontario does GM is not going back to the drawing board of their GLOBAL RESTRUCTURE. To make changes to their plans for Ontario would impact their plans for the rest of their operations globally,

So genius you think there is plenty that Doug can do. Let's here your inspirational concept that would sway GM to scrap all the planning that has likely been in the works for well over a year. 

Seek help Fail.. you desperately need it.  

13 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Doug is running the ship

A typical and completely retarded response. If you can squeeze the time into your busy day please explain to us how Doug can affect NAFTA and the new USMCA that your beloved Liberholes announced as a success on Oct 1. It sure as fuck isn't more gender equality going directly back into the GDP in a decade

Trudope said he is "Deeply Disappointed" with news of the Oshawa plant closure. 

That's likely all we'll hear from that asshole! :wall:

cffa9517bcd51f870b280884014bf4a9.jpg

Edited by irv