Can you snowmobile from home?

21 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Have you figured out the floor plan yet?

Got a floor plan and going through applying for a variance from the township. They changed the setbacks recently. My neighbour just applied for and was granted a variance that is almost exactly the same as I will be looking for so the timing is good while it is still fresh in the minds of the planning department and the committee of adjustment. Once the variance is approved I can get my drawings required for a building permit. I hope to start construction in the spring and move in next fall.

My wife is still flip flopping between moving and not. Selling the house in Toronto shouldn't be a problem. Houses on our street have been selling in 2 to 4 days with a line up of people the day they go on the market then selling for well above asking.

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

Got a floor plan and going through applying for a variance from the township. They changed the setbacks recently. My neighbour just applied for and was granted a variance that is almost exactly the same as I will be looking for so the timing is good while it is still fresh in the minds of the planning department and the committee of adjustment. Once the variance is approved I can get my drawings required for a building permit. I hope to start construction in the spring and move in next fall.

My wife is still flip flopping between moving and not. Selling the house in Toronto shouldn't be a problem. Houses on our street have been selling in 2 to 4 days with a line up of people the day they go on the market then selling for well above asking.

She hasn't bought in yet?  You might need a backup plan then.  I would dump the TO home in a heartbeat and move further north.  

We are in the same dilemma, sure the wife wants to move north but might need to have a buffer zone property like in Barrie to keep it civil.  

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

No sledding near my house! Bought a camp in the UP and keep the sleds there. The trail is a block away and boondocking is right outside the door. 

image.jpg

How long of a drive is it to your camp?

4 hours ago, Woodtick said:

No sledding near my house! Bought a camp in the UP and keep the sleds there. The trail is a block away and boondocking is right outside the door. 

image.jpg

Thats an awesome view Tick.  Would not want to get stuck, but nevertheless.

Just now, xcr700 said:

That would be the better and more accurate question :lol:

WTF does Tick got going, my dogs would sink big time in that king of snow.  Was grateful they always made it back and I never had to go rescue them.:lol:

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

WTF does Tick got going, my dogs would sink big time in that king of snow.  Was grateful they always made it back and I never had to go rescue them.:lol:

We had to once almost. Our golden took a step off the deck and disappeared. I just finished pulling my boots on and a head popped up.

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yeah. No shit :lol:he must pack it down like crazy