Can you snowmobile from home?

9 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I've passes thru there a couple timea

I'm about a 1/2 mile NW of the Sidnaw Station. If you passed through there, you got gas at that station. 30 miles to the next pump. :wind:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We have an access trail across the street and through the park. That was one of the reasons we bought the lot. Have not left from the house in 4 years. We take an annual trip to the u.p. and that's all that is left. Actually trying get out of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

If the metro has snow I ride to lunch all the time.  Lake is just starting to ice over and no white gold yet, so I can't ride at the moment.  I do have to cross Lake Minnetonka to get to a shitty trail to get to a great set of ditches, but in less than 20min from leaving my house I can be having a blast.

X 2. Lake 200 yds behind me, and if not frozen yet when trails open, I can side road (i live on dirt roads) to the trail.

There are some winters we don’t get enough snow and have to trailer. Been this way for my life of 51 yrs, so not a new global warming thing.

Come on snow !

Have a place up in northern lower MI that I can ride right from the house.  The feeder trail is about 3/4 of a mile, than about another mile to the main trial.  If I'm downstate the answer would be no, but still no trailering unless we was to go to the UP

Edited by tnts4me
  • Like 1

Right from our yard, we live on a lakeshore. Takes 1/2 mile to get into the fields and from there about a mile into the bush trails. Tons of ways to connect with the club trails once we're in the bush. Can also head north across the lake (4 miles) and from there into the bushland and tons of play area. Lakes, trails, pipelines, the terrain is endless. Only time we need to trailer locally is if we go to the local rally which is a major ditch-bang (15 miles) to the staging/registration site.

• Like 1

I can ride from my House which is just 20 minutes from DT Minneapolis. The trail starts just 3 doors down from my house. I can also ride from my Cabin as well. Just have to run a couple miles down the county road ditch and a mile down a gravel road to reach a forest road that leads to 1000's of miles of trails. Do need to have some compacted snow to run the gravel road. Hoping for some snow to get started!!

• Like 1

• Gold Member

I could ride from home growing up and up until this summer when we sold our old house. I’m not sure how I feel about it being the first time in my entire life not having access right out the door. The wife insisted trail access wasn’t a priority for the new house. Watch this year southern NH will have a freakin epic winter.

• Like 1

I can ride from my house, its about 100 foot ride to the trail. I'm about 50 miles north of the twin cities. I also have a cabin up in northern Mn not to far off the north shore trial, if there is no snow at the house we trailer up to cabin.

• Like 1