Leafs

Poncho

12 hours ago, irv said:

Did Boston play like crap or did the Leafs play exceptionally well? I missed the whole game due to being at a Oshawa Generals but I was glad to see the score when I got home. 

I think the Leafs played well.....as they should.  Defense looked good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

I think the Leafs played well.....as they should.  Defense looked good.

They did play better in that area as did Freddy and also made Boston pay when Boston was pressing in the leafs end and Boston turned the puck over.

It seemed Boston at times could not control the leafs speed....Chara for sure, but he is old after all.... Chara could have had a lot more penalties than just the one for sure.

Rask I do not think was as sharp the entire game as he could have been either.

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

They did play better in that area as did Freddy and also made Boston pay when Boston was pressing in the leafs end and Boston turned the puck over.

It seemed Boston at times could not control the leafs speed....Chara for sure, but he is old after all.... Chara could have had a lot more penalties than just the one for sure.

Rask I do not think was as sharp the entire game as he could have been either.

Watching the highlights this morning, although not representative of the whole game, obviously, I was surprised Rask didn't poke check Marner on his penalty shot. Marner was right on top of him and it looked like an easy poke for Rask to make. I guess Rask knew who was shooting and was protecting his 5 hole? :dunno:

7 minutes ago, irv said:

Watching the highlights this morning, although not representative of the whole game, obviously, I was surprised Rask didn't poke check Marner on his penalty shot. Marner was right on top of him and it looked like an easy poke for Rask to make. I guess Rask knew who was shooting and was protecting his 5 hole? :dunno:

I thought it was a great deke, it seemd Rask already committed to the side by the time Marner pulled the other way an slipped it in the net.....perhaps on a better day, Rask could have succeeded with the poke.

There was also the 5-hole goal on him that I thought he should have had.

Just now, Stoney said:

I thought it was a great deke, it seemed Rask already committed to the side by the time Marner pulled the other way an slipped it in the net.....perhaps on a better day, Rask could have succeeded with the poke.

There was also the 5-hole goal on him that I thought he should have had.

Oh, it was pretty, no doubt about it but I couldn't believe how close Marner was when he did his move. On the replay it looked like the puck almost hit Rask's stick anyways. I am sure the next game will be a lot different as I'm thinking Boston was likely embarrassed with how they played? Not taking anything away from the Leafs as they looked good but I know Boston is a dangerous team. 

4 minutes ago, irv said:

Oh, it was pretty, no doubt about it but I couldn't believe how close Marner was when he did his move. On the replay it looked like the puck almost hit Rask's stick anyways. I am sure the next game will be a lot different as I'm thinking Boston was likely embarrassed with how they played? Not taking anything away from the Leafs as they looked good but I know Boston is a dangerous team. 

I just watched the replay, it looks liked rask was too busy bobbing back & fourth following the deke and likely why the poke was not used.

I am sure the next will be different and the leafs will come out of Boston 1-1, which is better than I was expecting. 

Leafs did a lot right in that game, and Boston did not.

13 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

Toronto is a better team 100%.  They just have been playing like shit lately and Boston has not.  If Freddy plays like that again, they will be up 2 nothin

What happens when the team in front of Freddy do not play the same though.....:news: 

I am looking forward to the series actually, I would love to see the Leafs send the Bruin's golfing.....Chara & Marchand especially. 

27 minutes ago, Stoney said:

What happens when the team in front of Freddy do not play the same though.....:news: 

I am looking forward to the series actually, I would love to see the Leafs send the Bruin's golfing.....Chara & Marchand especially. 

It is a team sport so.......

3 hours ago, irv said:

I thought the same, poke check would work....Johnny Bower would have had him......

It would be a different game if refs had set the tone early on the first interference call on Hyman that they let go.  Now it’s almost out of hand and very one sided.  Boston is gooning the game.  

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

It would be a different game if refs had set the tone early on the first interference call on Hyman that they let go.  Now it’s almost out of hand and very one sided.  Boston is gooning the game.  

No surprise there. Normal game. It doesn’t help when Cadbury does a complete bitch fall and baby look at the ref.  What a piece of shit he is.  Man up it’s hockey not soccer. 

13 hours ago, Sksman said:

The refs definitely put their whistles away last night. Imo, they put them away too much and let the game get nasty/out of hand. I am pretty sure the next game might be the complete opposite which is also not good but many were talking last night about the lack of reffing.

11 hours ago, Poncho said:

No surprise there. Normal game. It doesn’t help when Cadbury does a complete bitch fall and baby look at the ref.  What a piece of shit he is.  Man up it’s hockey not soccer. 

I know Kadri was fired up and the rivalry between him and Debrusk has gone back a few years but cross checking Debrusk in the face was uncalled for. Like last year, I am sure Kadri is going to get suspended and likely for a minimum of 3 games which is definitely going to hurt the Leafs. I actually thought Toronto was starting to gain some momentum and actually had a chance to tie/win it but after that boneheaded move, all was lost. I think Boston, although they are hurting, will take the next 3 unless the Leafs can pick it up bigtime without Kadri?

7 minutes ago, irv said:

The refs definitely put their whistles away last night. Imo, they put them away too much and let the game get nasty/out of hand. I am pretty sure the next game might be the complete opposite which is also not good but many were talking last night about the lack of reffing.

I know Kadri was fired up and the rivalry between him and Debrusk has gone back a few years but cross checking Debrusk in the face was uncalled for. Like last year, I am sure Kadri is going to get suspended and likely for a minimum of 3 games which is definitely going to hurt the Leafs. I actually thought Toronto was starting to gain some momentum and actually had a chance to tie/win it but after that boneheaded move, all was lost. I think Boston, although they are hurting, will take the next 3 unless the Leafs can pick it up bigtime without Kadri?

It’s hard to understand the way the NHL has been talking for years about reducing obstruction and increasing scoring and then they allow Boston who is the bigger tougher team to obstruct and interfere.  I know it’s playoffs but I question if it’s more allowing the playoff revenue to be maximized with more games.  Or more USA games.

call the first interference on Hyman and it’s a different game.  

Debrusk was running around playing dirty hockey.  Kneeing and elbowing.   And after Kadri cross checked him he lay on the ice like he was maimed  or dead then got up for the power play.   Kadri should have gotten a minor and Debrusk also.  Playoff hockey.  Same as when he tackled Kadri and they both went.  Yes Kadri targeted Debrusk but no different then Debrusk kneeing Kadri.