Leafs

Poncho

26 minutes ago, irv said:

Has Gudas cleaned up his act? I haven't heard anything about him this year but maybe that's because a lot of focus is still on Tom Wilson? I know Gudas plays with an edge and has been suspended large before so that concerns me as we don't need him suspended or sitting in the box game after game. 

Has he been mentioned as a possibility? Pietrangelo would be a good pick up and I can see that as a possibility considering how well St. Louis is doing this year. I read/heard this morning about the Leafs maybe thinking about dumping Nylander? I honestly can't see anyone taking him and his contract at this point but maybe a package can happen? The Leafs did get rid of Phaneuf, Kessel, and Clarkson when many didn't think it could happen so who knows? 

Send Gardiner, Nylander and Matthews to Edmonton for McDavid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Dougie Hamilton 

I never thought he was that good or as good as some had him pecked to be when he came into the league. Has he improved? I know he has been traded multiple times, which reflects on his ability but maybe that has changed now?

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1704039

Just now, irv said:

I never thought he was that good or as good as some had him pecked to be when he came into the league. Has he improved? I know he has been traded multiple times, which reflects on his ability but maybe that has changed now?

I was going to say a bag of pucks for gardiner but I think Hamilton is more reasonable

23 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Dougie Hamilton 

I dont like that option personally

23 hours ago, irv said:

He gets traded because he has the personality of a fuckin rock. Apparently an absolute douche in the locker room. A guy like him is not what toronto needs regardless of skill.

35 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I dont like that option personally

He gets traded because he has the personality of a fuckin rock. Apparently an absolute douche in the locker room. A guy like him is not what toronto needs regardless of skill.

I had never heard of that but it all makes sense now. The Leafs definitely don't need a guy like him!  https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/dougie-hamilton-looking-forward-first-game-calgary-since-trade/ https://thehockeywriters.com/carolina-hurricanes-hamilton-struggling/ 

Edited by irv

18 minutes ago, irv said:

bang on the money

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Leafs can clinch......but just blew a 2 goal lead.......they will make the post season, but that’s it.....always next year

Remember at the start of the year people/analysts were talking Stanley Cup. I laughed then and I am still laughing now. I like them but they have a looong ways to go before they're Stanley Cup contenders. 

14 minutes ago, irv said:

Remember at the start of the year people/analysts were talking Stanley Cup. I laughed then and I am still laughing now. I like them but they have a looong ways to go before they're Stanley Cup contenders. 

Agree and that was the reason I started this thread..(original poster Oct 20, 2018) .to bring everyone back to reality.  Leafs need to dump a ton of luggage to go past the first round next year....

Edited by Poncho

4 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Agree and that was the reason I started this thread..(original poster Oct 20, 2018) .to bring everyone back to reality.  Leafs need to dump a ton of luggage to go past the first round next year....

I missed the Goudas hit on Marner tonight but, imo, that is where they are lacking and defensively as well. Come the rough and tumble playoff time, they don't stand a chance, imo. They will be pounded into submission and their weaknesses will be exploited. Not a chance they are getting by the Bruins anyways so I am enjoying these last few games while I can. Nice Mathews goal. Tie game now. 

Just now, irv said:

I missed the Goudas hit on Marner tonight but, imo, that is where they are lacking and defensively as well. Come the rough and tumble playoff time, they don't stand a chance, imo. They will be pounded into submission and their weaknesses will be exploited. Not a chance they are getting by the Bruins anyways so I am enjoying these last few games while I can. Nice Mathews goal. Tie game now. 

Shall start the Stanley Cup float trailer,......I just phoned Davey Keon......he is ready to roll

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Order another dope pizza and check back later. Any one else?

What was the name of that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie where you could order whatever dream/outcome you wanted?  

Fail's medicine gives him that.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

I think if we back up and support Andersson and he hangs in, plus giant defence......there is a chance. But we still just stand around. Let’s see

Did Boston play like crap or did the Leafs play exceptionally well? I missed the whole game due to being at a Oshawa Generals but I was glad to see the score when I got home.