• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here we go again ! Kinda tough to transplant mental and physical toughness into those that weren,t born with it. 

A good skilled regular season team, but not mentally and physically tough enough, to prevail, when the going gets a lot tougher.

They,ll be golfing by very early May, again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

2019: Leafs take a 2-1 lead over Boston

2021: Leafs take a 2-1 lead over Montreal

2022: Leafs take a 2-1 lead over Tampa

2023: Leafs take a 2-1 lead over Tampa

History often repeats itself

yeah but it is only suppose to happen in 3's

• Like 1

I must say, it was very impressed with the no quit and the gutsy effort on the Leafs part last night. They made some great additions, that allow them to compete when the going gets ruffer and tougher. Someone has to teach Mathews how to thro a punch, and at least how to grab on to protect himself. I kinda wonder if he still has to be cautious with his wrist or hand from some previous injury as well. He was kinda trying to throw some punches with his gloves on, maybe to protect a previous injury. The next game will be tougher again, so I hope they keep up with not backing down, and play whatever style Tampa wants to bring.

5 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

I must say, it was very impressed with the no quit and the gutsy effort on the Leafs part last night. They made some great additions, that allow them to compete when the going gets ruffer and tougher. Someone has to teach Mathews how to thro a punch, and at least how to grab on to protect himself. I kinda wonder if he still has to be cautious with his wrist or hand from some previous injury as well. He was kinda trying to throw some punches with his gloves on, maybe to protect a previous injury. The next game will be tougher again, so I hope they keep up with not backing down, and play whatever style Tampa wants to bring.

That was first fight in NHL and it is doubtful he had any in junior hockey, there is no way he is going to hurt his hands hitting helmets.  He felt sorry for the old man Stammy  :lol: 

He isn't a fighter or a tough guy, it isn't his game.  The guy does hit the body though 

• Like 1

Nice to finally see the Leafs win a first round. The next one will probably be even tougher, but at least they have a bit of an idea now what it takes to win. Kyles additions have really helped this team gain some confidence. Hopefully they can build on that.  

• Like 2

A couple of great shocking upsets last night. The Boston home crowd looked shocked. Kinda opens the door a bit more for Edmonton and Toronto to go deeper. Will a Canadian based team finally get into a cup final this year ?