Sled Show

Poncho

1 hour ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Ah the sled show. Never seen so many smokers in one place in my life.

Lots of pink camo

and Why is it that Italians love arctic cats?

Cause just like cars,  we gotta own the most baddest, most HP, most impracticable, yet fastest, straight line only 1/4 mile machine in the aftermarket.

• Haha 1

On 10/20/2018 at 8:09 PM, snowbear said:

I heard this is the last year Royal will be going to the show, cost a lot and not really making the coin like they use to years past.

We’ve heard the same, this was the last year for royal. 

Anyone know now why the power went out Saturday afternoon there?

Is it just me or is the show shrinking in size?  Seems smaller than previous years.  Website was terrible, link to homepage goes to a blank display, should have hired Fail to fix.  Could not find a map of exhibitors online.

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Is it just me or is the show shrinking in size?  Seems smaller than previous years.  Website was terrible, link to homepage goes to a blank display, should have hired Fail to fix.  Could not find a map of exhibitors online.

Not you, so is the sport.....but it will live

Edited by Poncho

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I find all shows similar to this one are also shrinking or have shrunk completely. I remember the good old one at the Markham fairgrounds, the good Car and Van shows that took up 2 full bldgs. The list goes on. Not really sure what the issues are but I have heard rumors that greed and more of a corporate input to them have ruined them.

Although I haven't been to the last 2-3, I still enjoy the Peterborough show as it has more of homegrown/Ma n Pa type feel to it. 

10 hours ago, irv said:

I find all shows similar to this one are also shrinking or have shrunk completely. I remember the good old one at the Markham fairgrounds, the good Car and Van shows that took up 2 full bldgs. The list goes on. Not really sure what the issues are but I have heard rumors that greed and more of a corporate input to them have ruined them.

Although I haven't been to the last 2-3, I still enjoy the Peterborough show as it has more of homegrown/Ma n Pa type feel to it. 

Crowds used to go to shows in general to find info on products before the internet.  Today, if the show is where your customers are expected to find out about you and your services, that is a major fail Ma n Pa alike.

I would be surprised if most exhibitors did not come out of the show at a loss and they will be there again next year.

Then there were some exhibitors that looked completely out of place.  Passed a BMO booth and what looked like a Brampton native manning the booth said something to me in what I though was an attempt at English that even Google Translate is still decades away from deciphering. After a second attempt with the same result, I asked him "Are you sure you're at the right show":lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, irv said:

Unfortunately the Peterborough show was bought up by the same people that run the Toronto show!

Time will tell what happens to it now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigfish said:

Unfortunately the Peterborough show was bought up by the same people that run the Toronto show!

Time will tell what happens to it now. 

That sucks to hear, but verifies my point. I imagine in a short time, it will be the same/similar with decreasing crowds every year going forward. 

So a 10x10 booth space is approx $2000 with carpet and power.  Staff to run it, say 2 individuals at $15 per hour for 24 hours adds $720, then rooms on Airport Rd are say $130/ night so add another $300 before booze or having any fun in the city and a small company would have a minimum of $3000 invested to sell the latest gizzmo .  You'd have to sell a lot of gizzmo's to even make a dent in costs before profit.  And thats why the shows are off.   Still worth going, but big PITA for Vendors.  Speaking of gizzmo's, did anybody else see the STUCKMATE?  https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/products/snowmobile/safety-accessories/remotes-throttle-controls/stuckmate-remotethrottle-control  My buddy and I were laughing at it.  Looks like a great way to get run over by our own sled.  LOL.

19 minutes ago, Clayfan said:

So a 10x10 booth space is approx $2000 with carpet and power.  Staff to run it, say 2 individuals at $15 per hour for 24 hours adds $720, then rooms on Airport Rd are say $130/ night so add another $300 before booze or having any fun in the city and a small company would have a minimum of $3000 invested to sell the latest gizzmo .  You'd have to sell a lot of gizzmo's to even make a dent in costs before profit.  And thats why the shows are off.   Still worth going, but big PITA for Vendors.  Speaking of gizzmo's, did anybody else see the STUCKMATE?  https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/products/snowmobile/safety-accessories/remotes-throttle-controls/stuckmate-remotethrottle-control  My buddy and I were laughing at it.  Looks like a great way to get run over by our own sled.  LOL.

Try a non retail show in the US with the same footprint, about 15-20K for 4 days and most of the customers are also staying in the hotels and many flying in.

Oh, I know all to well. 

I have a the Landscape Show to do in January. 

Costs for 2 of us to work that thing for 3 days. 2 room nights in Toronto and the booth space is close to $5000 and we show new product and meet and greet customers, but don't really sell orders at the show. 

Then I have the TImbermart National Show that costs more for only 2 days in February.  But we do write spring bookings there at least. 

Problem is, I still have to go on the road and get those orders from those Clients that don't or won't take the the time to come to their own Industry Trade Show. 

Some of these shows are money makers for the Show Owners or Groups putting them on. 

For the Vendors ,maybe not so much

Edited by Clayfan