Poor 6.2 gm in pickups

BOHICA

" For a Ford he got off easy. " #18

I haven't seen stats on it lately.

But iirc I've read that not only is the Ford F-150 the most popular truck sold in the U.S. I believe the same report said it's the most popular automobile sold in the U.S.; truck, car, motorcycle, golf-cart, skateboard, whatever.

1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

What does a Chevy 6.0 3/4 ton 4x4 get for fuel mileage?

The fucking worst that you have ever seen in your life :lol:        10 - 12  going down a steep hill in neutral with a hurricane like tailwind .   If yer worried about feeding a thirsty truck then don't even think about one .

22 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

:lol:  no that's reserved for The Murse :lmao:

Someones whos feelings get hurt as easy as yours do shouldnt be throwing stones...just a thought.

Edited by Dave

I'm at 83000 miles on the 5.7 from the land of the rising sun 2012 version still zero repairs. Oil changes brakes filters. It went back to the dealer once for limp mode unhook battery re hook all set. It appears it was bad gas. Also ran it at Oxford Maine dragway this summer ran against a 6.2 Denali2014 or newer version him 9.68 @72.42 me 9.70 @ 72.79

1 minute ago, 45th parallel said:

I'm at 83000 miles on the 5.7 from the land of the rising sun 2012 version still zero repairs. Oil changes brakes filters. It went back to the dealer once for limp mode unhook battery re hook all set. It appears it was bad gas. Also ran it at Oxford Maine dragway this summer ran against a 6.2 Denali2014 or newer version him 9.68 @72.42 me 9.70 @ 72.79

That's awesome Denny! I went to Oxford a few times back in the late 80's with my Monte Carlo SS. I can't remember what it ran there on the 1/8 mile. I remember it running 14.9 at 91mph in the 1/4 mile at New England dragway. Those were fun times. That's when I first met Richard (oldtimer) he had a 5.0 Mustang LX at the time.

4 minutes ago, 45th parallel said:

Been running the new bike there too.8.29@84.11 for that. Not sure if you remember Rippin ZR from HCS but he races a 68 mustang there now 7.03@96.94 it has a stroked Windsor

The name sounds familiar. Why Oxford and not NE Dragway? Epping is a lot closer to you.

Didn't you have a Falcon or something like that? 

Just now, f7ben said:

:lol:

How did i know that you would be the first one...... i happen to own one, i drive it every day and if you'd like to ride along you're more than welcome too. Otherwise do yourself a favor and post in a forum where you know what you're talking about.

1 minute ago, Skidude600 said:

How did i know that you would be the first one...... i happen to own one, i drive it every day and if you'd like to ride along you're more than welcome too. Otherwise do yourself a favor and post in a forum where you know what you're talking about.

I owned and drove a 2003 Silverado 2500 HD for  couple years and many miles. There is no scenario where the truck would get 15 mpg on the highway at 80....its impossible and that has been the experience of everyone I know that owned or owns one. At 80 on the freeway its a 11-12 mpg truck every time

Just now, f7ben said:

I owned and drove a 2003 Silverado 2500 HD for  couple years and many miles. There is no scenario where the truck would get 15 mpg on the highway at 80....its impossible and that has been the experience of everyone I know that owned or owns one. At 80 on the freeway its a 11-12 mpg truck every time

I dont really care if you believe me or not. That has been my experience. I have no reason to lie. And no its not impossible, because ive done it numerous times traveling to our cabin in northern Michigan. Like I said you're welcome to ride along.