Today is the day...off to college.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, hwytohell said:

I see lots of snowmobiling in your future , but please stay off the ice.  Maybe joining a local club and driving a groomer ?

You know I have been thinking about learning to groom and yeah fuck that ice bullshit. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

She just called and she is at her dorm safe and sound so that's good.:thumbsup:

:bc:

I wonder if, once mine moves out, if I’ll be able to worry less about her.  Something about her living at home makes me feel responsible and sleep with one ear on the phone.  I don’t like it.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I wonder if, once mine moves out, if I’ll be able to worry less about her.  Something about her living at home makes me feel responsible and sleep with one ear on the phone.  I don’t like it.

You know that might happen...as time passes I'll let you know how it works for me. Right now I'm still a bit of a mess!   :lol:

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Good job dad! :bc:

Thanks my man....we are proud of her.:thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I doubt it.  You will worry about your children till the last breath you take. The love of a good parent.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I asked about volunteering , never knew ya needed a groomers license.

This is not a new issue . Lawsuits have popped up , some club operators grooming without a state issued drivers license, some having a six pack of barley pops or more while grooming. Some are soooo fucking hard on equipment  it becomes a huge cost  / liability  issue.

7 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yesterday was good...we loaded the rig, drove to NMU, hauled everything in, unpacked..etc....nice day together. Today on the other hand is when she gets in her car and off she goes....I'm a wreck.😫😪

My middle son is attending NMU too (as did my oldest).  I work 5 blocks from the campus.  

13 minutes ago, Kevin said:

My middle son is attending NMU too (as did my oldest).  I work 5 blocks from the campus.  

No kidding...I graduated from there in 1990. I'm amazed at all the improvements they have made on campus and I see they are doing some major road work on Presque Isle Ave.

I wish I would have stopped at Jean Kay's and got a Pastrami Supreme!

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No kidding...I graduated from there in 1990. I'm amazed at all the improvements they have made on campus and I see they are doing some major road work on Presque Isle Ave.

Marquette has a very strong housing market if you're a seller.  Asking price +++ is common right now.  Contractors are involved in so many big projects that it's almost impossible to find them for smaller jobs.  It's also getting more recognition for outdoor opportunities - bike trails; hiking and stuff like that.

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

Marquette has a very strong housing market if you're a seller.  Asking price +++ is common right now.  Contractors are involved in so many big projects that it's almost impossible to find them for smaller jobs.  It's also getting more recognition for outdoor opportunities - bike trails; hiking and stuff like that.

Wow...it really is  a cool place and I'm glad it's getting recognition for the outdoor stuff....it's one of the reasons she wanted to go there. What are they building down at the lower harbor....looks pretty sizable.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Yes , I know that feeling and I don't sleep well.

On 8/24/2018 at 1:53 PM, steve from amherst said:

I asked about volunteering , never knew ya needed a groomers license.

It's not really a license. There used to be a groomer awareness course at the annual trailmasters meeting. After the lecture you got a certificate of completion without taking any form of test. Now you have to watch a video and take a simple test to get the certificate. The reason for it is to help keep the cost of insurance premiums lower for the clubs.

• Thanks 1