Need a new vehicle for the wife

Rod

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t know anything about he travers or Acadia.

prolly better gas mileage too I’d think.

Traverse has the 3.6 liter, Tahoe has the 5.3 liter

The Tahoe comes with 15.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row and a maximum cargo volume of 94.7 cubic feet

The 2016 Chevrolet Traverse is also quite spacious and also gets three rows for passengers. Standard setup is similar to the Tahoe’s with first-row captain’s chairs and second- and third-row bench seats, providing a standard seating for eight. You can also go with second-row captain’s chairs, which decreases seating to seven. Unlike the Tahoe, there is no nine-passenger option on the Traverse. However, cargo volume on the Traverse measures 24.4 cubic feet in back, which can grow to 116.3 cubic feet.

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Traverse has the 3.6 liter, Tahoe has the 5.3 liter

The Tahoe comes with 15.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row and a maximum cargo volume of 94.7 cubic feet

The 2016 Chevrolet Traverse is also quite spacious and also gets three rows for passengers. Standard setup is similar to the Tahoe’s with first-row captain’s chairs and second- and third-row bench seats, providing a standard seating for eight. You can also go with second-row captain’s chairs, which decreases seating to seven. Unlike the Tahoe, there is no nine-passenger option on the Traverse. However, cargo volume on the Traverse measures 24.4 cubic feet in back, which can grow to 116.3 cubic feet.

The traverse and acadia are just way better vehicles than the tahoe all around. That tahoe is long in the tooth and engineered by 1985 standards. When we were shopping for our 2014 acadia I test drove a tahoe denali and what a POS. Funny thing is the acadia and Traverse have more usable space than the tahoe. Fucking retarded. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

Her old suv lit the main harness on fire the other day so it’s “toast”. So I’m looking to replace it. Need something that can fit 5 people with luggage. Thinking maybe a 2010 ish traverse? Haven’t really heard a lot about them. Wanting to spend Around 15-20 grand so the loan isn’t to big.  Don’t really want a minivan cause they’re gay

A newer old gm lighting on fire..... Common problem.

Wife’s 2018 grand Cherokee altitude awd is awesome, so was her 2015 which would probably be around the 25k mark used for a relatively low mileage one. 

I got over $19k on the trade in for her 15 that had 75k on it. Original good year fortera HL tires that wore like a boss but needed to be replaced. They’re nice cars and her 15 was great. Only thing that ever needed to be replaced was the Bluetooth module around 10k miles, but mechanically it was solid. 

787A384D-E10B-4603-AA54-5E89DACC5732.jpeg

Edited by thewayout
I

2 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Wife’s 2018 grand Cherokee altitude awd is awesome, so was her 2015 which would probably be around the 25k mark used for a relatively low mileage one. 

I got over $19k on the trade in for her 15 that had 75k on it. Original good year fortera HL tires that wore like a boss but needed to be replaced. They’re nice cars and her 15 was great. Only thing that ever needed to be replaced was the Bluetooth module around 10k miles, but mechanically it was solid. 

wait till she pops a couple puppies that thing will be going down the road quickly as they have no room in them.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

wait till she pops a couple puppies that thing will be going down the road quickly as they have no room in them.  

I disagree. There’s plenty of room to fit 4 full size adults more than comfortably. Leg room is respectable and the back seats recline. It’s no crew cab 6.5’ bed pickup or a burb, but plenty of room for a reasonably sized non-bussman sized family.

Edited by thewayout
  • Haha 1

Just now, thewayout said:

I disagree. There’s plenty of room to fit 4 full size adults more than comfortably. It’s no crew cab 6.5’ bed pickup or a burb, but plenty of room for a reasonably sized non-bussman sized family.

c'mon

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I test drove one when I got my truck. it's considerably smaller inside than an Acadia/Traverse. 

Not arguing that and I agree but I think it has a reasonable amount of space. It’s not a minivan and it’s much more refined than an Acadia or traverse IMO not to mention easier to find with awd or 4wd. 

You can also get the hemi in grand cherokees, no V8 option in the gm equivalents. 8 speed is standard, V6 has almost 300hp. 

Edited by thewayout

2 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Not arguing that and I agree but I think it has a reasonable amount of space. It’s not a minivan and it’s much more refined than an Acadia or traverse IMO not to mention easier to find with awd or 4wd. 

You can also get the hemi in grand cherokees, no V8 option in the gm equivalents. 8 speed is standard, V6 has almost 300hp. 

his criteria was 5 + luggage. It's on the small side for that. 

16 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Nice color! :bc:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Her old suv lit the main harness on fire the other day so it’s “toast”. So I’m looking to replace it. Need something that can fit 5 people with luggage. Thinking maybe a 2010 ish traverse? Haven’t really heard a lot about them. Wanting to spend Around 15-20 grand so the loan isn’t to big.  Don’t really want a minivan cause they’re gay

Sledgey, the best and only way to buy a vehicle is to go and sit in the ones you like, and take them for a ride. 

When you've driven them, and factor in the price, you will have your answer. 

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but it's my own observation.  I think it depends where you live and drive it.  Up here in Marquette county (U.P.) they use a lot of salt in the winter.  GM makes some very nice looking vehicles but after 6 or 7 U.P. winters, I have seen a LOT of them lose paint and rust - especially around the wheel wells.  I don't know if it's in the primers that have been used or why it is.  I do think some of this comes from build quality and attention to details.  My son's 2010 Corolla has a bead of sealant run all the way around the wheel wells between the outer and inner sheet metal.  Salt can't get behind the spot welds and start rusting the outer fender from the inside out.  My last Chevy didn't have that and I'm not sure that they still do.

I see 10 year old Hondas and Toyotas that look like new and 7 year old GMs (and others) that look like crap.  I think a majority of GM''s at 7-10 yrs up here show the effects of winter.  For me, vehicles are too much $$$ to have that happen so soon.

11 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Wat

Look at that hoodscoop!!!!  What the fuck is that other shit hanging out of the hood?  

13 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Toyota Sequoia Limited, GMC Yukon Denali, Cadillac Escalade..

Oh, I’m converted.  After 20+ years of Chevy trucks, yep...Toyota for me please!  Wife’s suv also!