First snowmobile?

My first snowmobile was a 1970 Ski-Doo Olympic 335.

skidoo.jpg

First sled I bought as an adult was a 1992 Arctic Cat Prowler. All I could find online is a pic of the long track. Mine was the standard Prowler.

prowler.jpg

I grew up on Yamaha. The last sled we owned that was American was my dads Merc 440 (me on it).   My favorite sled where I really learned how to ride when I had enough meat on me to really start swinging it around was a Yamaha Enticer.  The first sled I bought myself was a 1985 Phazer.  My dad told be when I got a job he'd co-sign for me.  The day I turned 15 I got a work permit and a job bagging groceries...the next day we were loading my new sled up.  My dad asked, "Wouldn't you rather start saving for a car?"  NOPE!!!! :ylsuper:

IMG_0613.JPG

131.JPG

038.JPG

Edited by Zambroski
  • Like 2

My Dad rented 1969 Mercury 220's, technically the first sled I rode was a 69 Ariens as that is what my Dad first started to rent but they all broke down the first day of use, the dealer took them back and a deal was done for the Mercs. The first sled I bought and owned was a used 77 Yamaha Exciter I bought in 1984.

1969_MERCURY_220E_STEVE_5_6A_PP387.jpg

Look I'm wearing a Yamaha jacket LOL

yamaha.jpg

• Like 1

My first sled that I bought 1972, 292cc Yamaha our family had a  Harley Davidson AMF Ski-daddler. The Yam pic i took up in Eagle River the AMF pic off the net. I was very proud the day I bought my very first sled used in 1974 but man the summer were long back then. Today I could kick all your asses with my new sled. :poke::bigfinger:  

Just messing guys..:bc:

59224_156024117743511_3608746_n.jpg

Whiteout2010018.jpg.w560h420.jpg

hkwwo.jpg

Edited by Badger**

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

My Dad rented 1969 Mercury 220's, technically the first sled I rode was a 69 Ariens as that is what my Dad first started to rent but they all broke down the first day of use, the dealer took them back and a deal was done for the Mercs. The first sled I bought and owned was a used 77 Yamaha Exciter I bought in 1984.

Look I'm wearing a Yamaha jacket LOL

yamaha.jpg

And I thought you bleed green from birth, Vince :lol:

I had such high hopes for Yami's rise to dominance again with a partnership with Cat, instead all we got was essentially a relabeled Cat with a bunch of their pig 4strokers.  Sad. I'd like to see them drop some coin into their program and try to be relevant again.  But, with their hard-headedness in the 4-stroke "superiority", it's just never gonna happen.  Probably for the best anyway, it's doubtful I'll be able to fit into my old Yammi leathers.  :lmao:

Edited by Zambroski

I can't remember what year the Moto-Ski piece of crap was but once you got it started you had to hang on for dear life lol. No suspension,smoked and backfired like hell,went thru belts and looking back in time I think we all looked pretty dumb with open helmets and a bubble shield and one piece suits.Yea we were cool lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

My first sled was one my dad bought when I was 10 years old. Mercury was reliable but very heavy. I think that's why my back is fawked now. First pic is me a long time ago. Next is after it sat for thirty years and I restored it. Next is what it looks like now.Scanned.jpgACSCC.JPGP3146110.JPG

First snowmobile I drove might of been a late 1980's Yamaha Bravo. First snowmobile I bought with my money was a 1977 Yamaha STX 440 twin with a single carb. First machine I got when I was a adult was a 1977 Yamaha 600SX

• Like 1

It's sometimes really is hard to remember those first sleds...but damn....what a change.  Not to mention they were SOOOO small compared to what we ride now.  That's funny.

Edited by Zambroski

Just now, Zambroski said:

It really is hard to remember those first sleds...but damn....what a change.  Not to mention they were SOOOO small compared to what we ride now.  That's funny.

They were a lot easier to dig out when they got stuck :bc:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Amen to that...and they got stuck A LOT!  With all of their 2 inches of suspension travel.  :lol:

2", you must of had the deluxe model :lol:

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

I got stuck with my 400 a few times. Just military press it back onto the trail and go . 

Yep.  Or one on the flipper and one givin a push and off you go young man!  Damn I've had my shorty stuck a few good times in the last couple of years and what a miserable experience...I mean, as soon as I get this out I'm going home miserable.  Ughhh.....