First snowmobile?

The first sled I rode was a 67 Silverline T-Bird (Off brand of a Yukon King) that my parents bought during the blizzard of 67.  I rode that sled more than they did and was only 12.  The first sled that I bought myself was a 71 Elan.  I saved my paper route money for what seemed like eternity for it.  It was probably the funnest sled I've ever had, would go anywhere, but than again it was the first

pic below, not my sled but what a T-Bird looked like

t-Bird.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My first sled that I purchased was a 1972 Sno Jet 295SS.  I was 12 years old and worked on a farm so I could make payments to my parents.  Of course back then a new sled was $895 plus they would throw in a snowsuit, oil, belt, plugs etc.

• Like 1

Got it for Christmas for me and my sister when I was a year and a half old. She went into some pricker bushes the first time she rode it so it was all mine after that. My parents still talk about me at 3 and 4 years old waking up before them and getting dressed to ride then waking them up on the weekends. Only time I would come inside before dark was when it needed gas.

48F71572-2DFE-4AFD-8AF4-6896B439B6A9.jpeg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Got it for Christmas for me and my sister when I was a year and a half old. She went into some pricker bushes the first time she rode it so it was all mine after that. My parents still talk about me at 3 and 4 years old waking up before them and getting dressed to ride then waking them up on the weekends. Only time I would come inside before dark was when it needed gas.

I purchased one for my son when he was 3. At that age the noise scared him and he wouldn't ride it but a year later it was a different story. We had a park across the street where I'd let him ride it but I was nervous of someone complaining so I allowed him to ride it around the house. I'd open both gates and he would do laps around the house changing directions occasionally. Good times! :bc:

016_16_04 (Medium).jpg

018_18_04 (Medium).JPG

• Like 4

Grew up on my parents brand new Moto Ski Sonics when kids 

Never really rode after that or lost interest when older

My first sled purchase s was a 1998 ZR500 and then the wife got a 1997 EXT 580 Deluxe 

It was new sleds every couple of years after that 

• Like 1

1980 Arctic Cat Lynx 2000S or 2000T
1 cylinder of 2-stroke fury, I think I was around 13 or 14 years old.
Once we got it running we tried not to let it shut off, lol, just ride around till soaked and freezing.

80lynxu2000s_0h1.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold Member

02 ski doo legend 380. My dad wouldn’t buy us winter toys as a kid only quads/dirt bikes for some reason so he agreed to buy it if I paid for it. Got it at 14 took me almost 2years to pay him back at 100 bucks a week. Maybe he was just trying to teach me a lesson about money looking back now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

20210117_191824.jpg

20210117_191740.jpg

20210117_192104.jpg

20210117_192238.jpgthen a 292 puma them a 440 lynx then when I turned 11 my grass got me a brand new blue enticer 300 I rolled that thing till I was like 19 and could sort of afford to start pussing my own money away

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

You from MN ? Was that pic st state fair grounds ? I swear I have almost the same pic someplace 

Yes I am - could be the state fair grounds, I honestly don’t remember where I was, my mom would know....

• 6 months later...