What killed the triple?

Just now, xcr700 said:

Yeah.. the furthest I'd ride that thang would be 15 feet. ...in a straight line 

He had to cross a plowed road on the lake and OFDA!  We thought he was gonna go over the handlebars or flip that thing...and he was moving as slow as pond water.  I think I'd trailer that piece to get my trophies.  He must have lived near by I guess.

It was at a one of the big antique events we go to every year.  Some pretty cool stuff there.  And TONS of old sleds.  We usually ride a couple of "clapped out" $300 Pieces of shit to the event just for the fun of it.  I gotta say though, it's not that much fun...How did we ride these fucking things?  I can hardly wait to get back on my sled after that little ride.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

He had to cross a plowed road on the lake and OFDA!  We thought he was gonna go over the handlebars or flip that thing...and he was moving as slow as pond water.  I think I'd trailer that piece to get my trophies.  He must have lived near by I guess.

It was at a one of the big antique events we go to every year.  Some pretty cool stuff there.  And TONS of old sleds.  We usually ride a couple of "clapped out" $300 Pieces of shit to the event just for the fun of it.  I gotta say though, it's not that much fun...How did we ride these fucking things?  I can hardly wait to get back on my sled after that little ride.

I'll say this ...it does look like it's a factory option.  Good job on that 

20 hours ago, ckf said:

The start of the triple craze?

185475-1993-xlt-worth-201012211935656_26

The first trail production triple from Polaris was the 1972 ATX 500, they made  1973 1974 1975 500's and skipped until the 1979 centurion 500 and continued to make triples every year, 2003 was the last year sadly.