Republican Congressman: I Signed Anti-Trump Letter For a ‘Clear Conscience’

I'm here to tell you that "catastrophic" is awful strong language for a hardcore conservative who won his seat on the Tea Party wave to be using.

Republican Congressman: I Signed Anti-Trump Letter For a ‘Clear Conscience’

Rep. Scott Rigell says Trump is "catastrophic" for the GOP

Virginia Rep. Scott Rigell was one of two sitting members of Congress to recently sign a letter calling on the Republican party to stop supporting Trump’s presidential campaign.

“There is not one character trait in Donald Trump I would want my son to emulate,” Rigell told TIME on Friday. “I’m so embarrassed to be identified with him and in fact, I couldn’t be.”

Seventy former Republican elected and party officials had signed the letter when it was leaked last week. Addressed to Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus, the document calls for the party to focus funds on supporting down ballot candidates over Trump. This week, two sitting members of Congress, Wisconsin Rep. Reid Ribble and Rigell, signed on. The total number of Republican signatures has passed 120.

Rigell came to Congress in 2010 during the Tea Party wave. He is not running for reelection this year. While he describes himself as “very conservative” — he favors temporarily preventing Syrian refugees from entering the U.S. and wants to build the wall along the Mexican border — Rigell believes Trump’s candidacy is “catastrophic” for the Republican agenda.

Read More: Read The Republican Letter Calling For The RNC to Cut Donald Trump’s Funding

“I need to have a clear conscience in this matter,” Rigell said to explain why he signed the letter and endorsed former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson, the Libertarian nominee for President. The Virginia congressmen believes a Republican hold on the House is more fragile than most understand. “I think the Senate is in real doubt,” Rigell added. “That is a very steep hill to climb.”

The letter Rigell signed was delivered to Priebus earlier this week. The Republican Party has yet to comment on the letter, though multiple reportssay party insiders are considering pulling funds from Trump’s campaign.

On Thursday, Trump bought $4 million in television ads, the first such purchase of his general election campaign.

http://time.com/4459210/donald-trump-scott-rigell-letter/

Ahhh yes....let the Dems soak this guy up!  just their type.  :lol: Another "Trump is a big, mean bully" wanker.  And this guy is generally thought of as "Chicken-lips little" around the Norfolk military area (I've got "peeps" there).  Not real sure what "chicken-lips litlle" means, but it doesn't sound like a term of endearment.

He's a Dem-lib through and through...you whack jobs can take him::lmao:

• Rigell states he is "proudly pro-life", he opposes gay marriage and opposed the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." In 2011, Rigell cosponsored bills to prohibit abortion coverage under the national Affordable Health Care law, prohibit the use of federal funds for Planned Parenthood and prohibit taxpayer funding of abortion. Rigell voted for reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act. Rigell has refused to endorse Republican candidate for Lieutenant Governor E.W. Jackson in light of anti-gay comments made by Jackson.

-wiki

Edited by Zambroski

47 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

So what.....fuck The GOP and for that matter fuck The DNC.

EXACTLY ?  Are these not the very people that most of  us have have a problem with in the first place ?  I know that I've been done with the corrupt , self serving cocksuckers for awhile now .    If they hate Trump then he must be doing something right .     Hey Vin , are hardcore  rightwing congresspeople the main reason why you left the party in the first place ?        You should be ready to hop on the Trump bandwagon by now then , right ?  

Edited by Sal Rosenberg
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

EXACTLY ?  Are these not the very people that most of  us have have a problem with in the first place ?  I know that I've been done with the corrupt , self serving cocksuckers for awhile now .    If they hate Trump then he must be doing something right .     Hey Vin , are hardcore  rightwing congresspeople the main reason why you left the party in the first place ?        You should be ready to hop on the Trump bandwagon by now then , right ?  

Fucking right-wing fanatical nut jobs.  Good grief with these fucking guys.....Nothing like hearing an elected official stand up and start a press conference with "I prayed last night for help and........."  

GAME FUCKING OVER!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I'm still in the Republican Party Ronnie :bc:

By 2006 I was very much dismayed by the Bush Admin's debacle in Iraq, so we go to 2008 and I'm backing McCain big time just like I did in 2000 and then Carl Rove swiftboated him before SC primary which killed his chance to be the party nominee in 2000, anyhow McCain is my guy in 2008 and by golly his VP delivers a kickass speech at the convention!!!! :bounce:

And then came the interviews and I was like what kind of dimwit chooses a Momo level imbecile to be VP and that's when I said fuck the GOP candidate. BTW Kasich was my guy in the 2016 primary :bc: 

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

By 2006 I was very much dismayed by the Bush Admin's debacle in Iraq, so we go to 2008 and I'm backing McCain big time just like I did in 2000 and then Carl Rove swiftboated him before SC primary which killed his chance to be the party nominee in 2000, anyhow McCain is my guy in 2008 and by golly his VP delivers a kickass speech at the convention!!!! :bounce:

And then came the interviews and I was like what kind of dimwit chooses a Momo level imbecile to be VP and that's when I said fuck the GOP candidate. BTW Kasich was my guy in the 2016 primary :bc: 

:lies::nose::nose::nose::nose:

7 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Trump supporters are like Palin supporters... wacky...

• Like 1