Bonter fire sale

Poncho

10 hours ago, Sksman said:

Unfortunately there are way to many people that believe they are not in sales yet their actions can greatly impact a sales transaction.

Our service techs and service department are our number one sales asset.   

And I believe every person out there is part of a sales team in some sense.  Even a construction labourer is part of selling.  It’s all attitude and positive experience for your company success.  

How you perform and service your current project is the sales for the next project. 

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

Where does the $700 million government grant come in?

Does that fall under would have lost almost $600 million?

I don’t follow Bombardier to close and will never buy from a company that screws Canadians who have to bail it out.  We should never pay more for a snowmobile in Canada then our USA counterparts.  But rape and pillage is Bombardier moto.

Two different companies.  Lol.

On 4/30/2018 at 12:57 PM, Pt3189 said:

My rzr was just about to enter the shop. Fire Marshal deternined that the oil furnace malfunctioned . New ownership last July, have always treated me well.Better than previous.

I wasn't aware of that. If they didn't change the name then my apologies for dragging the name through the mud if they were a better bunch than the last crew. 

On 5/1/2018 at 12:40 AM, revrnd said:

I have no idea why salesmen have to act like dicks.

Back in '03 when I was snowchecking my 'doo, the salesman was all blah blah blah about how shitty Poos were. He should've just shut the fuck up about it as I knew what I was ordering & didn't need to hear this BS.

Well fall rolls around & I go to pick up my sled. The salesman wasn't there & another sales guy handled the delivery. When I was talking to 1 of the mechanics, he said that Art was gone. I said oh. "Yep selling Polarises now". (This was when there was a short lived Poo dealer beside White Water). I don't recall what I thought or said (mech' was a decent guy) but I'm pretty sure some words that rhymed w/ duck & hunt were used.

I had heard, after my run in, that the guy I dealt with (Supposedly Bonter's youngest son?) was a real dick. People said the worse guy to deal with was him. Unfortunately for me, at that time and not knowing, that is the guy I had to deal with. I wasn't there to purchase an atv or anything else, I just wanted info on trail passes down that way as I was new to the area and enjoyed atving. 

Image000_1 (Large).jpg

Edited by irv

23 minutes ago, irv said:

I wasn't aware of that. If they didn't change the name then my apologies for dragging the name through the mud if they were a better bunch than the last crew. 

I had heard, after my run in, that the guy I dealt with (Supposedly Bonter's youngest son?) was a real dick. People said the worse guy to deal with was him. Unfortunately for me, at that time and not knowing, that is the guy I had to deal with. I wasn't there to purchase an atv or anything else, I just wanted info on trail passes down that way as I was new to the area and enjoyed atving. 

Image000_1 (Large).jpg

And like they say first impressions make a big difference. Your impression would've been the same had the asshat been a mechanic there. Mind you if he actually had experience working on Brand X, his thoughts might've been justified.

I'll have to ask a guy that has bought a Ranger whi I think dealt w/ Bonters, when it was & how it went.

Who's taking their mistake personally?  Lol   No, I posted all the bullet points, and provided the link.  Anyway, come back when you learn how to read a financial report.

In any case, I find it most interesting that there is "growth" in the PWC industry. 

On 5/2/2018 at 4:21 AM, Allison Burgers said:

Yes...and the part I posted is right in the link you posted but you conveniently posted the parts you like...but the results clearly state:

Revenues from Seasonal Products decreased by $46.2 million, or 9.4%, to $443.3 million for the three-month period ended January 31, 2018, compared with $489.5 million for the corresponding period ended January 31, 2017. The decrease was driven by a lower volume of snowmobiles sold resulting from the late introduction of the REV Gen4 platform last year and from an unfavourable foreign exchange rate variation of $3 million. The decrease was partially offset by a higher volume of PWC sold due to industry growth.

I think all sled manufacturers took a beating last year which was my point...but you missed it again and took it personal....

You're talking about a different company.  :)

On 5/2/2018 at 5:49 AM, Sksman said:

Where does the $700 million government grant come in?

Does that fall under would have lost almost $600 million?

I don’t follow Bombardier to close and will never buy from a company that screws Canadians who have to bail it out.  We should never pay more for a snowmobile in Canada then our USA counterparts.  But rape and pillage is Bombardier moto.

Nope, just correcting posted errors. 

On 5/1/2018 at 11:23 PM, Poncho said:

Wow we all figured you would come back with another Jizzle-Doo love story.  Your short replies are noted...lol...butthurt noted.   Lol

On 4/30/2018 at 11:42 PM, Puzzleboy said:

Why was the RZR going into the shop? 

Transmission . Loss of fluids and complete failure, seriously about the only thing that had not been replaced.

34 minutes ago, Pt3189 said:

Transmission . Loss of fluids and complete failure, seriously about the only thing that had not been replaced.

What year & model?

On 4/26/2018 at 11:53 AM, irv said:

I was in Bonters once about 11-12 years ago and never stepped foot in the place again! I went in, my 5 year old son and I, inquiring about trail passes and the owners son asked me what quad I rode, to which I told him a Yamaha Grizzly. He ranted on dropping "F" bombs about how good Polaris atvs were and how shitty Yamahas were. Needless to say, after dealing with this arrogant prick and reminding him my son was only 5, I gladly left and never went back. I had no idea it was sold or for sale but truthfully I won't miss seeing it on my way into Marmora throughout the summer! Good riddance! 

Bonter is not sold.  My brother and I had both sleds serviced at Bonters last season. They were fair and they stored both sleds, no charge, for the summer season.....Bonter will reopen soon.  

I have owned all four brands and bought 13 new Doo’s from various dealers.  If I walked away from all the arrogant dealers I have dealt with I wouldn’t be in sledding. Try buying a car.....same deal, but for the record, Bonter were one of the best I have dealt with in awhile.... Irv 12 years is a long time, and for the record “that guy” at Bonter is long gone.....

Edited by Poncho

55 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Bonter is not sold.

I have owned all four brands and bought 13 new Doo’s from various dealers.  If I walked away from all the arrogant dealers I have dealt with I wouldn’t be in sledding. Try buying a car.....same deal, but for the record, Bonter were one of the best I have dealt with in awhile....

The report on CHEX had a member of the Bonter family saying they had sold the business last year.

I think we've all dealt w/ salesmen that were either unscrupulous and/or incompetent. I had 1 idgit screw up a truck order. The truck he ordered was a short box when I wanted a long box. I asked him why did he option it that way. "Your last truck was a short box". "My last truck was brown too..." They had to order another 1.

10 hours ago, Poncho said:

Bonter is not sold.  My brother and I had both sleds serviced at Bonters last season. They were fair and they stored both sleds, no charge, for the summer season.....Bonter will reopen soon.  

I have owned all four brands and bought 13 new Doo’s from various dealers.  If I walked away from all the arrogant dealers I have dealt with I wouldn’t be in sledding. Try buying a car.....same deal, but for the record, Bonter were one of the best I have dealt with in awhile.... Irv 12 years is a long time, and for the record “that guy” at Bonter is long gone.....

Lol.

Most will do just fine with the sale, I mean all they have to do is deliver the goods, the bar is pretty low.  Its when things go south and how they step up that really shows who is game.

12 years is way too long to hold an opinion but lets face it some here hold onto experiences from 30 year old POS thinking they are still warranted.

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

The report on CHEX had a member of the Bonter family saying they had sold the business last year.

I think we've all dealt w/ salesmen that were either unscrupulous and/or incompetent. I had 1 idgit screw up a truck order. The truck he ordered was a short box when I wanted a long box. I asked him why did he option it that way. "Your last truck was a short box". "My last truck was brown too..." They had to order another 1.

Yes it did sell, but the Bonter brothers are still there is what I meant. They said it will reopen again. I don’t know what they will name it be they are still around

14 hours ago, Poncho said:

Then I must have had really good luck purchasing many things over the years as this was, by far, the worst experience I have ever had at any sort of dealership! Those who also relayed their stories to me about Bonters all had similar sentiments as me. I am unsure who they dealt with but I highly doubt it was the same imbecile I dealt with. I will likely never need to use them, but like they say, "You never get second chance to make a first impression" 

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

Im assuming if it was sold last year & remained named Bonter Marine, it'll be the same after rebuilding.

I just checked the business card, the new owners name is Dan Powell, yep that are still using the Bonter name on the card.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Poncho said:

I just checked the business card, the new owners name is Dan Powell, yep that are still using the Bonter name on the card.

If you're talking to the owner, ask him if he ran a carpentry business on Stoney Lake.

35 minutes ago, revrnd said:

If you're talking to the owner, ask him if he ran a carpentry business on Stoney Lake.

Will do, I’m not sure when I will be back there. I normally do all my preseason stuff but last year was way too busy, so I gave it to Bonters

On 5/6/2018 at 8:50 PM, revrnd said:

What year & model?

2009 800 , was rode hard before I ever bought it. My Father and my Son hunt together. The old man is 86 and cant ride a quad anymore, my kid does all the work.I just fix it, I sure it and fuel it.