Spring 2018

3 hours ago, smokin george said:

Waiting for it to melt so can get to extending the the back deck and assemble the solarium before the blackflies and mosquitoes start

You may be too late. We were north yesterday and the windshield was splattered with lots of little bugs. Nothing biting yet but lots of swarms. I'm going to guess you've got maybe two weeks before we start making blood donations.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

You may be too late. We were north yesterday and the windshield was splattered with lots of little bugs. Nothing biting yet but lots of swarms. I'm going to guess you've got maybe two weeks before we start making blood donations.

Guess the bug shirt will be a saviour

27 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I was BBQ’ing and it sounded like the first day of winter, all I could hear was 2 wheeled RiceRockets spinning at 10,000RPM. Bring on summer....

I heard the same all afternoon. Heard a couple of sirens on the highway as well.

• Sad 1

With the good weather brings a spring flight to pick up my paint for my plane. I used my buddies 1984 Mooney 201...Turbo.   Nice 170 knot ground speed and 154 knots true airspeed, all the goodies including TCAS, Autopilot, coupled GPS A/P.   

C171D949-9A78-4D71-8977-2E6D969D79C7.jpeg

D4763D34-AC44-4263-85EA-5C55210650AB.jpeg

Snowies off of both vehicles, interior and exterior cleanings/washings on both vehicles, oil change on the truck and a bunch of yard/garage work. The only thing I wish I could have accomplished fell through and that was putting my snowmobile trailer and my son's sled in storage. 

It was nice to finally get these things done and enjoy some nice weather to boot. :bc:

11 hours ago, Poncho said:

With the good weather brings a spring flight to pick up my paint for my plane. I used my buddies 1984 Mooney 201...Turbo.   Nice 170 knot ground speed and 154 knots true airspeed, all the goodies including TCAS, Autopilot, coupled GPS A/P.   

Who or what is GUMP ?

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Who or what is GUMP ?

Gas Undercarriage Mixture Prop. Old school final check prior to landing with a retractable landing gear aircraft. Plenty of boneheads have forgetten to lower the gear prior to landing. Expensive lesson

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Poncho said:

That thing needs a cleaning, jesus... 170 knots is cool though

Unbelievable as it may sound I was having a coffee on the deck yesterday morning when I heard a sled on the trail out back.  I went to check later that day and sure enough some die hard had stopped at the Shelter and left a 10 cent donation on the picnic table. No doubt soaking up the sun for a while and digging the fact that he was out for a final rip on April 22nd.

• Like 1