Sellers Market - Homes

Stoney

I drove through the Royal York south of Eglinton area recently.  Lots of huge homes being made into monsters.  

We are talking some serious coin to buy a $1mil plus home and tear down and rebuild a $2 mil palace. 

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

I drove through the Royal York south of Eglinton area recently.  Lots of huge homes being made into monsters.  

We are talking some serious coin to buy a $1mil plus home and tear down and rebuild a $2 mil palace. 

When you really start to look around and be aware of your surroundings, it is really amazing just how much money is out there.

On 6/2/2016 at 9:27 PM, Stoney said:

When you really start to look around and be aware of your surroundings, it is really amazing just how much money is owing out there.

• Like 1

it's mental and scares the crap out of me - I'm in York Region. (Preston Lake / Stouffville) I sold last year as it was crazy market and i knew my house would be hard to sell. (backed onto really busy road) - in 14 yrs i never used the back yard it was so loud. Agent said i could get million bucks (i thought he was FOS KRAZY) yup, first person who looked at it bought it. If i was smart i would have taken the money and ran to an area where the home prices and values made sense. I didn't, I bought close by in Ballantrae and paid thru the nose for a house that wasn't even listed. Since October my new house use has gone up 12% .......In my area it's Asian's driving this whole market into nutty territory.

If the ass falls out of the market I'M FUCKED. Dam right it's scary 

Brian

On 6/7/2016 at 11:57 AM, soupkid said:

When you really start to look around and be aware of your surroundings, it is really amazing just how much money is owing out there.

Nutter has stated how busy he is..... 

• 9 months later...

Old thread but what a difference almost a year makes. 

I saw first hand how crazy the market has gotten. People we know 2 houses down from us listed Monday for $499,000 and sold by Wednesday for $835,000 crazy! It's a much older home then ours smaller, but nicely recently renovated. Just a crawl space and a newer 2 car garage. Main things it had going for it our quiet street. So close to the lake and it's 100' wide by 140' deep lot.

We are getting ready to sell were thinking of starting at 599 but who knows now. 

3 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

500 to 835 is some delta.

Well, the market will tell you if you listed too low.  Sometimes that's a good thing anyway. 

Where are you located? 

Georgina 

1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

BMO says we're on track for adjusted 80s highs, if we keep this pace up for 2 more years. 

I just hope our idiotic government doesn't interfere.  They already have in BC. 

We were hoping to list in a month at most but looks like we maybe selling early fall not usually best time. But hoping the market says different at time. Just finalizing a deal on a new home in severn bridge 

4 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Its great to get big dollars for your house but if you want to stay in same game it costs you huge to buy.

Unless your moving further away from city.

That's what we are doing. 

But even north of Orillia with talking to agents they are now seeing bidding wars.

I would love to sell and move.  Wife is kinda stuck on the place though.  Almost had her convinced and looked at a few country properties but then the one I liked was taken off the market.  Since then havent seen anything of real interest.

I refuse to get into bidding wars and most places i want are normally long listings.

1 minute ago, Sksman said:

I would love to sell and move.  Wife is kinda stuck on the place though.  Almost had her convinced and looked at a few country properties but then the one I liked was taken off the market.  Since then havent seen anything of real interest.

I refuse to get into bidding wars and most places i want are normally long listings.

I never thought I could talk the wife into selling, once I did that never thought she would even consider moving from our town. Now we are. All came down to her dream subdivision. Not to close together all on 1 acre+ lots. Nice area. Close to Orillia and gravenhurst for her to find psw work. 

8 minutes ago, atc said:

I never thought I could talk the wife into selling, once I did that never thought she would even consider moving from our town. Now we are. All came down to her dream subdivision. Not to close together all on 1 acre+ lots. Nice area. Close to Orillia and gravenhurst for her to find psw work. 

Long run down to Newmarket everyday.

Plus, you have those renters on the corner who keep up their yard nicely, with old Polaris hulls as planters, etc..... :)

You've got a nice spot there. 

50 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Edited by Puzzleboy

44 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Plus, you have those renters on the corner who keep up their yard nicely, with old Polaris hulls as planters, etc..... :)

You've got a nice spot there. 

Yes nice spot but i would prefer a little more space, a workshop/garage and somewhere i can actually shoot the bastard coyotes.

IMG_1623.thumb.JPG.8afc7228ff7459110f6440c0417a76e2.JPGHumane society has a live trap on neighbours lawn to catch one that is full on mange.  

Your buddies on corner are feeding it and causing a little ruckus in neighbourhood.

IMG_1625.JPG

Edited by Sksman

A crossbow will rid your neighbourhood of those troublesome, mangy, flea-ridden, freeloading creatures. 

Should work for the coyotes, also. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

• Platinum Contributing Member

My cousin's daughter is in Vancouver. 3 years ago her and her new husband bit the bullet and bought piece of shit fixer upper for $700k. It was at the limits of what they could afford but they knew they had to get into the market. A developer came along at Christmas time and made an offer to them and their 5 neighbours. All had to be in or no deal. They all agreed.

They got $2.1 for their shit hole and are now in a search for a new place. They expect to spend $1.5mil.

Crazy.

Good luck to anyone who is buying or selling. The market is stupid.

Wife has this for sale. Taking offers tomorrow night.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-house-for-sale/barrie/townhouse-in-alliston-17-wallace-st/1245733599

Im in Orangeville and our area has gone nuts as well. People are selling there 1-2 million dollar homes in the city and moving this way. I know a lot of people wanting to cash out and move north but once your out of this hot market it's tough to get back in if you want to come back

6 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

A crossbow will rid your neighbourhood of those troublesome, mangy, flea-ridden, freeloading creatures. 

Should work for the coyotes, also. 

Not like it hasnt been discussed.  The coyote that is.

Different Neighbours continually say things like put the mange infested one out of its misery etc.

But if you did shoot with crossbow they would likely be first to rat you out.

Or worse the thing runs up on road with a bolt/arrow stuck out of it and is reported. Then shit hits fan.