Exclusive: The Republican Party’s Chairman’s Warning to Donald Trump

I guess Trump is denying it..................but in any event he has been put on notice by the RNC :news: 

Exclusive: The Republican Party’s Chairman’s Warning to Donald Trump

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus told Donald Trump in a phone call last week that if he doesn’t turn his flailing campaign around, the national party may shift its focus from his candidacy to down-ballot races, according to two GOP officials briefed on the exchange.

The officials said Priebus described to Trump internal party polls that show his campaign headed in the wrong direction. Priebus told Trump that he would have been better off had he spent the days since the Republican convention at his Mar-a-Lago Club, officials said.

Trump denied the officials’ account of the exchange.

“Reince Priebus is a terrific guy,” Trump told TIME on Tuesday. “He never said that.” Trump also said that the Republican Party should be grateful for his recent fundraising. “Why would they state that when I am raising millions of dollars for them?” Trump asked, rhetorically.

Priebus could not be reached for comment.

Whatever the exact words spoken on the phone, there is no doubt that the possibility of Republicans effectively abandoning Trump by prioritizing voter outreach for down-ballot races now haunts his presidential campaign. In the last two weeks, Trump has suffered a deep dive in public polls amid a number of controversies caused by his own public statements .

Priebus and Trump talk frequently, with the party chair urging Trump for months to professionalize his operations and campaign. But the tenor of the calls turned more frank and frustrated last week as Trump’s campaign slide continued. The officials said Priebus reminded Trump that his title is RNC chairman, not chairman of the Trump campaign, adding that he would act in the best interests of the Republican Party.

With the party seeing record numbers of ticket-splitting voters in its internal and public polls, the GOP is facing a decision about whether to prioritize outreach to those voters who would never vote for Trump but remain open to supporting its Senate and House candidates. The end result could be the party expending resources to turn out voters who will vote for Hillary Clinton but also back Republican Senate incumbents like Marco Rubio in Florida or Rob Portman in Ohio.

With early voting beginning in mid-September, Priebus told Trump he doesn’t have much time to reverse his polling slide, the officials said. Priebus reinforced a longstanding plea to Trump to stay on message—a goal that remained elusive more than a week a later as Trump’s economic speech was quickly drowned out by comments viewed by critics as promoting political violence.

Read more about the exchange in the new TIME cover story.

7 minutes ago, Boered said:

The republicans need to get behind him and stop their lame attempts to control things. The people have spoken.

Truth.  Fact is, this should be an easy win against Hilliar.  But, the R's can't seem to unfuck themselves long enough to think about it.  I guess if they can't get one of "their own" in the chair...fuck it then.  :chatter:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Truth.  Fact is, this should be an easy win against Hilliar.  But, the R's can't seem to unfuck themselves long enough to think about it.  I guess if they can't get one of "their own" in the chair...fuck it then.  :chatter:

It seems that way. Both sides are so far gone and out of touch with those they represent it is pathetic. We need trump to shake it up. I have to wonder how many of these douche bags know they are out as soon as he takes office. And be will.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Boered said:

The republicans need to get behind him and stop their lame attempts to control things. The people have spoken.

True but like it or not the party has a lot of power.   If he didn't want to side with the GOP he should not have ran for their nomination.

What I said from the beginning about Sanders.

Trump is losing me quickly when he says the govt needs to spend more money.

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

True but like it or not the party has a lot of power.   If he didn't want to side with the GOP he should not have ran for their nomination.

What I said from the beginning about Sanders.

Trump is losing me quickly when he says the govt needs to spend more money.

He did it the right way. A third party run would have gave the dems a shoe in victory. The republicans knew this and reluctantly let him run. He is all they have, and they know it. Fuck the establishment. They are corrupt, they are cheaters, they are liars. The more they hate on trump the more I like trump.

1 minute ago, Boered said:

He did it the right way. A third party run would have gave the dems a shoe in victory. The republicans knew this and reluctantly let him run. He is all they have, and they know it. Fuck the establishment. They are corrupt, they are cheaters, they are liars. The more they hate on trump the more I like trump.

Not sure if you are eating something different for breakfast or I am....but I agree with you....again!

Look at who the R's put against Trump...Holy wet fucking noodle milk toast!  Cruz, Bush, Huckabee, Fiorina, Gilmore, Santorum, etc.......Holy shit..these people self imploded half way into the process.  Then the two I thought may make it, Rubio and Kasich coudn't figure out the language enough to charm their way out of a wet paper shit sack and looked like victims up on stage.  Fuckin' shit show at the highest level.  Still, anyone of those would be better than that lying, conniving, venomous traitor known and loved by her idiot followers as Hillary.

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, Boered said:

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Not sure if you are eating something different for breakfast or I am....but I agree with you....again!

Look at who the R's put against Trump...Holy wet fucking noodle milk toast!  Cruz, Bush, Huckabee, Fiorina, Gilmore, Santorum, etc.......Holy shit..these people self imploded half way into the process.  Then the two I thought may make it, Rubio and Kasich coudn't figure out the language enough to charm their way out of a wet paper shit sack and looked like victims up on stage.  Fuckin' shit show at the highest level.  Still, anyone of those would be better than that lying, conniving, venomous traitor known and loved by her idiot followers as Hillary.

The republicans don't have a choice.   They cannot or could not have stopped him from running!  The only thing they can do is hope he doesn't win the nomination.  The leader of the GOP made that clear very early on.  As far as we know right now they stayed out of it.

Same goes for the Dems.   You cannot stop someone from running for the platform.  You can only hope the voters don't NOMINATE them.  The party isn't suppose to choose or play favorites who runs for the nomination in any way shape or form.  

This is part what was so wrong what DWS and the DNC did to Sanders. 

Political parties have always had certain platforms.   They hope the nominee's will be supportive of that nominee and have some power to push them in line.   Parties have thousands and thousands of people who support the parties platform.  If the candidate wants the support of the parties huge infrastructure it needs to somewhat fall in line with its platform.  Its part of the reason both parties somewhat center themselves with their platform as they know it will be hard to nominate someone too extreme one way or another.   Sanders was too progressive and didn't win.

I'm not claiming I like the system I'm simply stating how it works.

Edited by Highmark

37 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The republicans don't have a choice.   They cannot or could not have stopped him from running!  The only thing they can do is hope he doesn't win the nomination.  The leader of the GOP made that clear very early on.  As far as we know right now they stayed out of it.

Same goes for the Dems.   You cannot stop someone from running for the platform.  You can only hope the voters don't NOMINATE them.  The party isn't suppose to choose or play favorites who runs for the nomination in any way shape or form.  

This is part what was so wrong what DWS and the DNC did to Sanders. 

Political parties have always had certain platforms.   They hope the nominee's will be supportive of that nominee and have some power to push them in line.   Parties have thousands and thousands of people who support the parties platform.  If the candidate wants the support of the parties huge infrastructure it needs to somewhat fall in line with its platform.  Its part of the reason both parties somewhat center themselves with their platform as they know it will be hard to nominate someone too extreme one way or another.   Sanders was too progressive and didn't win.

I'm not claiming I like the system I'm simply stating how it works.

Sander did win. The fix was in and the DNC using so called delegates usurped the will f the people. The cunt is a shill and a scam. Fuck her and the DNC for ignoring those they are supposed to represent.